The stench of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Watching today it really hit home for me,no fight, no desire, no commitment,I heard a blue on the radio coming away from our last abject away performance at Villa bemoaning the fact we will allow players to perform maybe once in three or four games,Siguurdsonn being his case in point,I think he is right,most of our players are in a "comfort zone"knowing almost certainly their places are guaranteed,did you notice the first Bournemouth goal today? possible offside and handball involved in the build up, it went to VAR,did you see any of our lot trying to influence the decision on the pitch, nah they just shrug their shoulders in acceptance, it grieves me to say it but the shower across the park would have crowded/haranged those officials to the point that Oliver sat in the VAR Studio would or at least may have disallowed it, again no desire, just an acceptance of our fate, we concede the second soft goal, then almost immediately the third, game over, how many times has this happened?Mentally weak players with an unprofessional attitude, the Manager slumped in his seat again with his inevitable acceptance of defeat, I was watching the game on NBC,even prior to the game they were talking of two of our signings Delph and Iwobi and asking the question, have they found their level at Everton?,media wise these days I'm afraid we just exist to "make up the numbers".These two away games Villa we could even have topped the table(if only for a day!!)and today a great chance to go third(blown again!!)just sum up the Everton of the last twenty years, golden opportunities to actually kick on as a club totally wasted by players who do not possess a "winners" mentality, bottle every opportunity,I would love more than anything Silva and the team to prove me wrong, but I just think we will see the odd decent game and play some OK football but the same old, same old will keep recurring,I don't know what we can do nowadays, maybe our "rot" is too deepset for us to change?,I can only suggest we actually bring in a "Nasty"winning Manager to finally rid us of this foul stench I am talking about, Mourinho or someone of his ilk if we offered really big dough?I don't know, just can't see this drought ending otherwise.

Last edited:
Dario it grieves me so much to totally agree with every word.
I cannot see even the light at the end of the tunnel that the Lord knows we have all been looking for.
Too many of those players are living the dream and are not arsed about if they perform well or not.
On the management side of our dilemma.. nothing has changed or improved since...
Feel like giving it all up...

I've said it before - the only solution is a hard nosed manager - someone who isnt afraid to shake the club up.

Obviously they need to actually be a good coach aswell - but im sick of us appointing nice guys (Martinez, Silva) and uninterested dinosaurs (Koeman, Alladyce).

Jose, Mancini heck if all else fails have done with it and go for Biesla - one things for certain you'll see no lazy crabs in our side.

Anyone that’s been watching Everton for any period of time knew EXACTLY what sort of Everton performance to expect today.

I did. You bury your head in the sand and kid yourself before kick off but i knew deep down we would get turned over today. Bournemouth didnt need to turn up that much to win today. They just needed to have a bit more fight.

Anyone that’s been watching Everton for any period of time knew EXACTLY what sort of Everton performance to expect today.

It's so predictable it's just rancid.

Keane to Digne, Digne to Delph, Delph to Schneiderlin, Schneiderlin out wide to Coleman, Coleman waits and fires it into the channel, overlaps Richarlison, back to Coleman who then puts in a crap cross, DCL makes a nothing run, the opposition break and some how despite only having 1 player in the box we're on the back foot and nearly conceding.

There is no pressure to succeed at Everton and massive money to be had.

We are a dream club for middle of the road, slightly above average players.

Any pressure and they buckle. Tactics are an optional extra. I've never disliked a squad of Everton players more in my life. They epitomise everything that's wrong with football in the 21st century.

Status
Not open for further replies.