The stench of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that is fair or correct.
Large amounts of money have been made available and spent on players in the last three years that we could only have dreamed about before that.
We are building a new statement and whereas I would like it to have a bigger capacity I understand and accept the argument for the lesser capacity.

If the role of the DOF was to sign the most expensive and best players available then most of us could have applied for the job. We have seen that all clubs are changing their recruitment policies , moving away from expensive signings to academy players or young players signed before they become too expensive. We do have good young players at the club and have made money from the sale of others.

In general, I think most policies adopted by the club are sensible with one exception... appointing the manager.

I do hope that Marco Silva gets through this rough patch and proves to be a wonderful manager but I don't see it and there has been very little in his managerial history to suggest it would be any different.

I believe that we need to establish ourselves as a top six side and to do this we need a manager with a pedigree at the top level.
We have already spent enough money hiring and firing manager that would allowed us to have Guardiola and Klopp as joint managers at no extra cost

I like how people see things very differently.. it makes for some good interaction.

only time will tell how this all pans out.

but Moshiri is here fro profit and profit only … he doesn't love Everton, never has, never will. he loves the idea of making a huge load of cash on the back of us.

so for every wasted 35m on a player is another load of cash LOST.

he has brought in a man .. Marcel Brands , to keep the spending DOWN.. that is quite obvious.

that's all fine and well aslong as it doesn't impact us on the pitch. as it stands today we are a struggling Premier league side with a threadbare squad who seemingly do not seem happy.

the next couple of years are going to be a rocky ride id suggest

Sorry to raise this again but listening to the local radio phone in on the way back after the match, people seemed almost pleased with that today, to me this today was part of the problem we have at our club, we have a little bit of a "go" fall short, miss our truly "big"chances in the game end up with another defeat at home to admittedly an excellent side, however I thought there was a real opportunity to "get at"that City defence today and ultimately we have come up short yet again.

Sorry to raise this again but listening to the local radio phone in on the way back after the match, people seemed almost pleased with that today, to me this today was part of the problem we have at our club, we have a little bit of a "go" fall short, miss our truly "big"chances in the game end up with another defeat at home to admittedly an excellent side, however I thought there was a real opportunity to "get at"that City defence today and ultimately we have come up short yet again.

The plucky little everton mentality is horrible. It makes me cringe so much seeing so many plaudits for yet another defeat. There are no positives. We are a mess and the prospects of doing anything this season have gone already.

No one seems to care. It's bizarre.

Before the match everyone was expecting a spanking. There were positives to take from that match. We were in the game for 85 mins. We cannot kid ourselves that we are a match for City and we looked for a response from last Saturday. I thought we got a response and can understand why some are reasonably satisfied with the performance albeit the result went against us.

We have nothing up front. It took Coleman's deft touch to get our goal - DCL getting the credit is a joke.

No punch, no power, no pace to frighten defences.

Before the match everyone was expecting a spanking. There were positives to take from that match. We were in the game for 85 mins. We cannot kid ourselves that we are a match for City and we looked for a response from last Saturday. I thought we got a response and can understand why some are reasonably satisfied with the performance albeit the result went against us.

We should have beaten them given how garbage their defence was.

They were right there to be beaten and other clubs will do just that.

We were poor and defended appallingly. Anyone who is happy is easily pleased. We are in the bottom 5 and have played 1 tough game. It's diabolical.

The plucky little everton mentality is horrible. It makes me cringe so much seeing so many plaudits for yet another defeat. There are no positives. We are a mess and the prospects of doing anything this season have gone already.

No one seems to care. It's bizarre.

When you get real and understand where we are as a team then you will realise we are still a distance away. Once you grasp that then maybe (won't hold my breath) you will still see we have a long way to go. What did you actually expect this season. Top 4 very very slim, Top 6 was and is just hope. Let us attempt to get a steady footing before we can challenge.

We should have beaten them given how garbage their defence was.

They were right there to be beaten and other clubs will do just that.

We were poor and defended appallingly. Anyone who is happy is easily pleased. We are in the bottom 5 and have played 1 tough game. It's diabolical.

I give in. Should have beaten them 'REALLY'. We could have beaten them with a little luck but they will always score goals and plenty of them.

When you get real and understand where we are as a team then you will realise we are still a distance away. Once you grasp that then maybe (won't hold my breath) you will still see we have a long way to go. What did you actually expect this season. Top 4 very very slim, Top 6 was and is just hope. Let us attempt to get a steady footing before we can challenge.
I give in. Should have beaten them 'REALLY'. We could have beaten them with a little luck but they will always score goals and plenty of them.

Last year was about getting the foundations in place. We did just about enough I thought. It was OK, but nothing more.

This year was about getting top 6 or very close. That was the minimum I thought was acceptable given how much money we spent yet again.

We are going to be nearer the bottom 6 unless there is a swift and drastic improvement.

Just how long do you suggest we need to be patient and accept dross. It's been my entire lifetime.

I won't be pandering to plucky little everton mentality when our manager thinks he has a squad where he can leave 30m signings on the bench. This year was our chance and we've blown it in 6 weeks. It's hard to stomach.

Last year was about getting the foundations in place. We did just about enough I thought. It was OK, but nothing more.

This year was about getting top 6 or very close. That was the minimum I thought was acceptable given how much money we spent yet again.

We are going to be nearer the bottom 6 unless there is a swift and drastic improvement.

Just how long do you suggest we need to be patient and accept dross. It's been my entire lifetime.

I won't be pandering to plucky little everton mentality when our manager thinks he has a squad where he can leave 30m signings on the bench. This year was our chance and we've blown it in 6 weeks. It's hard to stomach.

like I said a couple of weeks ago Tim, truth is we’re a nothing team on par with the West Ham’s of this world

Our expectation is based on Blue Bill conning us for years that we are plucky and up for it against the big boys. Its Dan Dare and [Poor language removed] Barton in the Boys Pen, writing to Dave Hickson and more spew churning out of his fat head while making a packet out of the club. The fact we never got relegated on Kenwrights watch shows how low expectations really sank. Still we could be supporting Birmingham City I suppose. Man City or no other team should come to Goodison and expect to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.