The stench of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We win 4-0 today and all of a sudden we're OK again. This thread is just a demonstration of the fickleness of football fans. We could be 6th this season and win the cup, or we could finish 11th ...but so could about 6 other teams.

We lost to Bournemouth away from home. So what? It's been happening for the last 20 years this type of result.

Do we need the melodrama every time we lose a game?
Sp what? Seriously, we support Everton, we want them to be playing well, that's why.
Besides it's not just losing the Bournemouth game, 3 away games so far this season have been awful, on the back of a poor season last term.

We win 4-0 today and all of a sudden we're OK again. This thread is just a demonstration of the fickleness of football fans. We could be 6th this season and win the cup, or we could finish 11th ...but so could about 6 other teams.

We could win the league and we could get relegated.

All that matters is winning each game as they come, if you put in a performance but still lose then it's not so bad. But if you put in horrendous performances like the one against Bournemouth, the one against Villa then questions are rightly asked.

I'm not saying we have a right to win everything or every game 'cos we der BLUEZZZ! But when the actual performance and attitude is just slow and lethargic then you're never going to get any where.

We have lost 3 of 6 mate, are people not right to be concerned?

D1C169FE-ED28-4866-8DC2-AE5CC14D3686.jpeg

We get the club we deserve

We have lost 3 of 6 mate, are people not right to be concerned?

Of course. Maybe its because I've been doing this since 1947 that I take a more measured view of things. Maybe not measured, more laid back. Lets look at that thing that really gets a look at. The broader picture. We've got some very good players. In the context of modern football some very good players. Not the very best, but players who should always be able to compete in the higher echelons of the best league in the world. We have a young manager who on occasions has had us playing some good stuff. But not often enough. We have an owner who is prepared ti invest in the team. OK, so that the positives. Now (some) of the negatives. The team has a soft underbelly, and has no inclination to fight, a lot of the time. The team has a soft underbelly, and as soon as a game goes against them, they crumble. This causes some panic in the manager and he makes subs desperately sometimes(good example yesterday, just throwing on an assortment of 'attackers' none of whom currently have a goal threat in them. Really what was needed yesterday was some guile and calmness in the midfield.. Delph was OK, he's the sort of player who will always give you 7 out of ten, sometimes 8. The main problem was Siggy...I like him as a player but he has had a poor start to the season and this has put pressure on those around him. When Iwobi came on I thought he should replace Siggy, or Bernard should move into Siggys place. Gomes I'm unsure of, he's andother one who is delicate mentally as well as physically, and I think Silva/Brands now know this, hence the attempt for Doucoure in the summer. A lot more...but my fingers are tired and my sausages are cooked. Get the brown sauce out. Silva has problems...I still have faith in him but were we are at Christmas, just before the window, will be critical for him.

The club is a mess from top to bottom on and off the pitch.

No plan, no cohesion, no forward thinking.

The finances are terrible, i'm still baffled how we have spent so much money and where did it come from, Moshiri, Usmanov or loans against tv revenues?

We are in the top 8 spenders in the last 4 seasons in world football, in with names like both Manchester clubs, Real and Barca.

When they go behind they panic then soon give up.

They are an embarassing group.

I don't think its embarrassing...its simply a problem. But your first sentence is 'it' in a nutshell. There can be all sorts of reasons for this including the 'weight of expentancy'...I can hardly believe that to a man all these top professionals lose their bottle simultaneously, particularly when quite a few of thgem said that one reason, or the main reason, that they came to Everton was Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.