2018/19 The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcement of Woods and Harris leaving the board is probably insignificant too many, but announcing in the hours of the stadium reveal suggests it a timely and amicable handover. Observers greater than me understanding the corporate composition of the club may have different views of the merits of this announcement. I’ve never been convinced by Woods’ appointment on the Board - never spoke much, of at all, about his role and what he brought to the big table - but certainly a big ally of Kenwright,

But, I thought Moshiri bought all his shares last year so why he remained on the Board I’m not sure. Harris has been in and around many Clubs - perhaps a short term appointment to give the move impetus with his contacts - really not sure why he became a Director. So, in summary, two blokes I know little about, neither will be remembered by their personal investment in the club, but I suspect handsomely remunerated for their efforts. Leaves Kenwright increasibly marginalised on that Board I suspect. Not big news, I get that, but a changing of the guard without doubt.

Was just about to ask about the details of this change, but thanks for the info... However I still don't understand whether they remain involved with the club or whether they have been binned permanently?

Any info would be appreciated...

Cheers lads!

Love this thread.

Alot quieter than the transfer window one and no try hards banging on about bedwetters.

Great news those pair of duffers have gone. Interesting to see if anyone replaces one/both of them or if Moshiri is starting to close ranks.

RE Kenwright I would be shocked if the leech left left anytime soon especially by his own free will. Hopefully Usmanov comes on board and chucks him in the Mersey.

Does anybody know who the “other shareholders” are? The shareholders association have about 900 shares so about 2.5% of the 17.7%, so another 15% owned by others, any ideas? other than The Esk obviously.

81993832-E523-4F1E-9352-35841523BDEE.png

Does anybody know who the “other shareholders” are? The shareholders association have about 900 shares so about 2.5% of the 17.7%, so another 15% owned by others, any ideas? other than The Esk obviously.

View attachment 63393
Other shareholders will just be everyone else but their holding is too small a % to report.

The announcement of Woods and Harris leaving the board is probably insignificant too many, but announcing in the hours of the stadium reveal suggests it a timely and amicable handover. Observers greater than me understanding the corporate composition of the club may have different views of the merits of this announcement. I’ve never been convinced by Woods’ appointment on the Board - never spoke much, of at all, about his role and what he brought to the big table - but certainly a big ally of Kenwright,

But, I thought Moshiri bought all his shares last year so why he remained on the Board I’m not sure. Harris has been in and around many Clubs - perhaps a short term appointment to give the move impetus with his contacts - really not sure why he became a Director. So, in summary, two blokes I know little about, neither will be remembered by their personal investment in the club, but I suspect handsomely remunerated for their efforts. Leaves Kenwright increasibly marginalised on that Board I suspect. Not big news, I get that, but a changing of the guard without doubt.

Still shareholders aren't they?

Ahh ok, so there’s no single person that owns more than the 5% that Kenwright owns then?
That's my understanding. Kenwright is the second biggest shareholder by a good way as the Grantchester family, Jon Woods and Arthur Abercromby have all sold their shares to Moshiri. Small shareholders generally have between one and five shares each - which with a last quoted value of £3,500 each are still worth owning. No shares have been available through the normal source - Blankstone Sington - for over a year now, so I wonder if Moshiri is hoovering up any shares that do become available.

That's my understanding. Kenwright is the second biggest shareholder by a good way as the Grantchester family, Jon Woods and Arthur Abercromby have all sold their shares to Moshiri. Small shareholders generally have between one and five shares each - which with a last quoted value of £3,500 each are still worth owning. No shares have been available through the normal source - Blankstone Sington - for over a year now, so I wonder if Moshiri is hoovering up any shares that do become available.

Ok thanks, was wondering if there were any other larger holdings for Moshiri to buy up.
That lot in bold sound like a character list from Peaky Blinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.