The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
A lot of rubbish about nothing at all, but carry on. Good gates every single home game show faith in the club. If you want lots of goals and big, often easy wins to cheer, watch the [Poor language removed] on TV; they are always on it, practically every week.

Give the fans something to get excited about, they're paid to entertain
Nonsense - the fans used to get right behind the team, even when battling relegation. Now we have been spoiled by a bit of cash and act as if we should expect to be rolling over teams. The fans and the players have lost the work ethic we used to be famous for. And I preferred watching arguably more limited players who gave their all, especially when we had silky guys like Arteta able to add that extra bit of class.

10 years ago the crowd was awesome. Totally convinced that Moyes had them playing above the sum of their parts. Every lost cause cheered.

He won over minds and a few hearts.

He made us the underdog worthy of cheers at hard work.

So weird that hard work isn't appreciated like it was 10 years ago because we spent some money.
In many ways it is more enjoyable being the likable underdog

Everyone, I’ve got something I need to tell you.

Last night at the game I did something I hope you can forgive me for.

I moaned at Pickford for launching one of his pin point passes into the stands after he did it for the third time whilst being a goal down.

I admit what I did was wrong and I’m a major contributor to the mean and moaning crowd.

Again I’m sorry, at the next match I’l buy a scarf and swing it over my head even if the performance is depressing.
Now we are getting somewhere, this is change. Thanks for your honesty Phil, you are a beacon of hope.

Good loud crowd against Newcastle did nothing to inspire the player to beat a horrible team. Same people go to the next home game against Watford and are expected to be super-excited and enthusiastic. The crowd was silent in the second half but there was literally nothing to cheer, poor play after poor play and no changes until they scored 2 goals everyone saw coming.
Look at the players, look at the dithering manager before you attack the crowd.

Being a season ticket holder it does annoy me to see people who don’t attend the game having a pop.

A lot of people there last night had come straight from work, including myself. What does everyone want from a cold Monday night against Watford?

The crowd have been sound this season for the most part.

Completely understand and people who pay the money can do whatever they want, but the whole experience of going to a game at Goodison looks so dour to me these days.

I had a season ticket for ten years under Moyes and didn't think the atmosphere was anything special. Having to reassess that thought now because of how bad it seems currently.

At least back then I've got great memories of Derby matches, Fiorentina, United and plenty of other random games like Blackburn at home where Turner got sent off early on.

Sad to Goodison the way it is now. I don't think the standard of football has helped, as a fan base and a club we just seem to be in a rut at the moment.

Good loud crowd against Newcastle did nothing to inspire the player to beat a horrible team. Same people go to the next home game against Watford and are expected to be super-excited and enthusiastic. The crowd was silent in the second half but there was literally nothing to cheer, poor play after poor play and no changes until they scored 2 goals everyone saw coming.
Look at the players, look at the dithering manager before you attack the crowd.

The crowd was loud against Newcastle?

Status
Not open for further replies.