The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those paper clapper wavy things that Leicester have might be useful, I'll grab a load next time I'm at the King Power and give them to the Park End

When Alan Smith is co commentating he used to speak about the crowd being on top of you.
It maybe explains why visiting teams feel comfortable at Goodison.
I understand the posters point of to many season ticket holders ,as in if the same people can't be bothered each week.
The answer
I don't know
Apart from the obvious of the team giving us something to shout about.

Watching on tv was so disappointing. Don’t care if we are playing badly. We could have grabbed 6th FOUR MONTHS into a new manager, system etc.

We have exciting players who clearly love the club and are heading in a great direction yet goodison was mostly silent.

Just awful.

On a side note, the Street End used to look brilliant when we celebrated. Limbs everywhere. Even that changed about 4 years ago. Camera angle might play a part but it probably sums up the way it has gone.

Yet again, it was absolutely dead at Goodison.

Why is it always so rubbish? Why do we need some injustice to get us going?
That's what happens when you heavily discount concessionary tickets.

Full of old people and kids with a blanket over there lap watching the game with a thermos

Back to placing some of the blame on the fans, are we?

As far as I can see he didn’t place any of the blame for the performance on the fans. He is however, 100% correct. It’s dead and the only time people want to make any noise is to fume when things start to go wrong. Celebrations for Richarlison’s goal were pathetic, such a weird atmosphere to be involved in.

That's what happens when you heavily discount concessionary tickets.

Full of old people and kids with a blanket over there lap watching the game with a thermos

I'd imagine it's full of people for a family day out, which is fine, but hardly conducive to a good atmosphere.

As far as I can see he didn’t place any of the blame for the performance on the fans. He is however, 100% correct. It’s dead and the only time people want to make any noise is to fume when things start to go wrong. Celebrations for Richarlison’s goal were pathetic, such a weird atmosphere to be involved in.

We desperately need a performance against Spurs to hopefully instigate some life into the ground. The way it has gone in recent years the game has been over by half time and the ground is more silent than ever.

We desperately need a performance against Spurs to hopefully instigate some life into the ground. The way it has gone in recent years the game has been over by half time and the ground is more silent than ever.

The thing that angered me most about the crowd yesterday was the reaction to the first goal. People carry on about “giving us something to sing about”, but what more do they expect than a well worked early goal? And it was the deadest celebration I’ve ever seen, by the time the players had got back to the half way line it was silent again. Horrible stuff, I felt an absolute tit for jumping up and down while everyone around me politely clapped. I feel fully justified in my early season comments about our fans being the worst in the country.

Watching on tv was so disappointing. Don’t care if we are playing badly. We could have grabbed 6th FOUR MONTHS into a new manager, system etc.

We have exciting players who clearly love the club and are heading in a great direction yet goodison was mostly silent.

Just awful.

Hate it when I watch the match at home on the TV and the atmosphere is rubbish at the ground. Really ruins the armchair experience for me.

Wish these people who make the effort to go on a Monday night in crappy weather and paid their money hard earned money just before Xmas got behind the team and made my TV experience that much more enjoyable.

The thing that angered me most about the crowd yesterday was the reaction to the first goal. People carry on about “giving us something to sing about”, but what more do they expect than a well worked early goal? And it was the deadest celebration I’ve ever seen, by the time the players had got back to the half way line it was silent again. Horrible stuff, I felt an absolute tit for jumping up and down while everyone around me politely clapped. I feel fully justified in my early season comments about our fans being the worst in the country.

Where is it you sit mate?

Because it was limbs in the Gwladys and everyone was singing the Richarlison song

...recent results haven’t helped and the crowd were nervous the trait would continue.

We’ve had lots of these threads in the past and I do think criticising the atmosphere is a bit like putting the cart before the horse. The team performance generates the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.