The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be good to see Goodison become a real noisy and intimidating place for away teams to visit, but the game doesn't seem to be that way anymore. Not blaming the fans on the terrace for the team performance on the pitch; just that once upon a time, being at the game was a big thing and, win lose or draw, chanting and singing was all part of the occasion.

Noticeable difference isn't it. Makes me wonder if our away fans go to our home games??

Surely they'd have to in order to qualify for tickets. As I said previously, you've got a culture at Goodison of three stands in the stadium adding literally nothing in terms of atmosphere. That is a huge problem.

Pointing out that the crowd is consistently dead at games is quite obviously not blaming the result on the fans lads.

The atmosphere is genuinely shocking 95% of the time and it's naive to blame that on the football.

I sit in the Park End and it's concerning how passive it has become. We'll put together a decent attack going towards the Park End and a grand total of about 3 people get on their feet. The only time there's a noise is when the away fans start singing about our lack of support and people point towards the stand above them because they didn't sell out the allocation - like well done there's about 10 of them and they're making more noise than 38000 of us.

As soon as safe standing is accepted in the Prem we need to bring it in, I'm not saying it would flip the atmosphere on its head entirely but I'd back it to make a difference.

The crowd were much better when we were classed as the underdogs, dot behind the team from the first kick..

Now evertonians are expectant, spent loads of dosh, and should be sweeping aside teams like Watford but can't..

I think it just boils down to this. Most fans were expecting us to destroy them 3-0.

It kills me to say it but Goodison is embarrassing these days. Total silance all game and when me or the handful of others in the Glwadys attempt to get somthing going we're either met with blank stares or angry glares. I don't get it anymore. I understand that It can be difficult when we play badly or don't seem arsed but FFS we weren't even close to being this bad in the 90's or early 2000's when the team was far, far worse. It's really sad. And no, obviously I'm not "blaming the fans" for us dropping points, I'm one of those fans and there every week so there's no need to be defensive here.

Goodison is so silent most that it's embarrassing and the club needs to do somthing about it. Yeah I know loads of clubs are also borderline silent every week, but I don't give a dam about them. In just care about us and want the atmosphere to be better, not for anyone else but for us. I don't care how cringey some people think the singing section to be. It'll be a thousand times less embarrassing then the total silance we currently sit in right now. I would 1000% move into a singing section tomorrow and I'm quite content for the hipsters to sneer at me for doing so as they sit in silence tutting at every mistake we make.....

Status
Not open for further replies.