The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kills me to say it but Goodison is embarrassing these days. Total silance all game and when me or the handful of others in the Glwadys attempt to get somthing going we're either met with blank stares or angry glares. I don't get it anymore. I understand that It can be difficult when we play badly or don't seem arsed but FFS we weren't even close to being this bad in the 90's or early 2000's when the team was far, far worse. It's really sad. And no, obviously I'm not "blaming the fans" for us dropping points, I'm one of those fans and there every week so there's no need to be defensive here.

Goodison is so silent most that it's embarrassing and the club needs to do somthing about it. Yeah I know loads of clubs are also borderline silent every week, but I don't give a dam about them. In just care about us and want the atmosphere to be better, not for anyone else but for us. I don't care how cringey some people think the singing section to be. It'll be a thousand times less embarrassing then the total silance we currently sit in right now. I would 1000% move into a singing section tomorrow and I'm quite content for the hipsters to sneer at me for doing so as they sit in silence tutting at every mistake we make.....
It is odd regards the complete lack of anything.

Don't even know how to get it going barring scoring in the first two minutes every game! Even then it dies down

The more noise the crowd make the more intimidating it becomes for the away side, the more it becomes intimidating for the referee...
It's called home support which should be used to gain advantage over the away team...
We should not just wait until the big games to make goodison Rock & an intimidating stadium to come to....

The more noise the crowd make the more intimidating it becomes for the away side, the more it becomes intimidating for the referee...
It's called home support which should be used to gain advantage over the away team...
We should not just wait until the big games to make goodison Rock & an intimidating stadium to come to....
I think this is called stating the obvious.

In a weird way i think the powers that be at Goodison are quite content for "atmosphere" to be like this every week. It only make it easier for them when we inevitably fail and provides them with an easy excuse that can be dragged out when needed. If they aren't happy with it then they've have a funny way of showing it. The cringe before the match and at HT on the speaker is so bad that it's painful along with the HT "entertainment". Maybe it's just me but stuff like the fanzone at the park end and other gimmicks like that only convince me that the game has passed me by....

In a weird way i think the powers that be at Goodison are quite content for "atmosphere" to be like this every week. It only make it easier for them when we inevitably fail and provides them with an easy excuse that can be dragged out when needed. If they aren't happy with it then they've have a funny way of showing it. The cringe before the match and at HT on the speaker is so bad that it's painful along with the HT "entertainment". Maybe it's just me but stuff like the fanzone at the park end and other gimmicks like that only convince me that the game has passed me by....
The premier league in general is trying to focus on the tourist type fans these days..

The genuine homesters are few and far between these days..

Maybe it is, however It is a concern why goodison is so quiet when it could be much more noisier & intimidating for the opposition & match officials...
I was season ticket last year, admittedly an Horrendous season, can't recall everton bouncing once.

The aways are much better even when losing

its just the culture, if your used to watching football in south america and parts of europe its a completely different story. people grow up singing and dancing

its just the culture, if your used to watching football in south america and parts of europe its a completely different story. people grow up singing and dancing
You could be onto something here as most the gwladys Street smoke extra strong weed... Then like to have a sit down and put there feet up on the chair in front of them..

The atmosphere at Goodison is embarrassing. The only time we make any noise is when we're abusing our own players. Barkley and Stones used to be the scapegoats; now it's Keane and Coleman.

We used to be like a 12 man but nowadays we do more to help the opposition than our own team.

It wasn't as bad as this when we were fighting relegation during the days of Walker, Kendall Mk III and Walter Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.