The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, let's have this right - no one is blaming the fans for what is going on on the pitch. Stating that our fans are horrendous has absolutely nothing to do with the effect of the fans on team performance. Whether you think it does or not is irrelevant, people will have their own takes on it and truly, we'll never know because we're not professional footballers.

Now that's out the way, no, those celebrations were an absolute embarrassment. It was deathly silent by the time the players had lined back up to kick off, that is not normal. We also didn't "start the season in fine voice". We were booing at 0-0 at half time against Fulham and booed when one of their players hit the bar. Fans were screaming for Silva's head at the West Ham game, 5th game of the season. People only want to make noise to fume at something. Our fans are a disgrace and that place is a constantly unpleasant pit of misery.

"no one is blaming the fans for what is going on on the pitch" by calling the fans a disgrace and stating your reasons why they are im pretty sure that constitutes as blaming the fans

"those celebrations were an absolute embarrassment" we scored and we cheered, what the fck do want the fans to do? honestly you tell me what should have happened after we scored?

"We were booing at 0-0 at half time against Fulham and booed when one of their players hit the bar" was we? probably signs of discontent given how shiite Fulham are, and I'm not a booer but if your a 45 million pound player and you cant hit a pen on target then you deserve to be booed because there is no excuses for that

"Fans were screaming for Silva's head at the West Ham game, 5th game of the season" you are chatting out of your fart box, never heard one person scream for his head, I suggest you're lying to fit your weird agenda of blaming the fans, if there was shouts it was probably just an angry heat of the moment shout

"Our fans are a disgrace and that place is a constantly unpleasant pit of misery" don't go then, sit it home and moan about it

now don't get me wrong I don't sit there and boo unless it's absolutely needed ( and by that I mean ie Southampton at home last season in fat sams last home game that was an utter farce ) but I'd rather listen to someone show emotion and boo then someone sit there like you are blaming everyone other than who should be blamed for the failure to constantly beat teams we SHOULD be beating

Because they wouldn’t get to the level they are at if that bothered them. Same as the cheering.

That is a fair point.

I work with a couple of Man Utd season ticket holders and they both say that the atmosphere at Old Trafford is bad. One says that when you try to get a chant going you get a few funny looks. Maybe it's the same at most Premier League grounds.

"no one is blaming the fans for what is going on on the pitch" by calling the fans a disgrace and stating your reasons why they are im pretty sure that constitutes as blaming the fans

"those celebrations were an absolute embarrassment" we scored and we cheered, what the fck do want the fans to do? honestly you tell me what should have happened after we scored?

"We were booing at 0-0 at half time against Fulham and booed when one of their players hit the bar" was we? probably signs of discontent given how shiite Fulham are, and I'm not a booer but if your a 45 million pound player and you cant hit a pen on target then you deserve to be booed because there is no excuses for that

"Fans were screaming for Silva's head at the West Ham game, 5th game of the season" you are chatting out of your fart box, never heard one person scream for his head, I suggest you're lying to fit your weird agenda of blaming the fans, if there was shouts it was probably just an angry heat of the moment shout

"Our fans are a disgrace and that place is a constantly unpleasant pit of misery" don't go then, sit it home and moan about it

now don't get me wrong I don't sit there and boo unless it's absolutely needed ( and by that I mean ie Southampton at home last season in fat sams last home game that was an utter farce ) but I'd rather listen to someone show emotion and boo then someone sit there like you are blaming everyone other than who should be blamed for the failure to constantly beat teams we SHOULD be beating

by calling the fans a disgrace and stating your reasons why they are im pretty sure that constitutes as blaming the fans

No it does not at all, where on earth have you got that from?

we scored and we cheered, what the fck do want the fans to do? honestly you tell me what should have happened after we scored?

When was the first match you attended mate? Do you remember what goal celebrations were like before about 2015?

was we? probably signs of discontent given how shiite Fulham are, and I'm not a booer but if your a 45 million pound player and you cant hit a pen on target then you deserve to be booed because there is no excuses for that

Yes we were, rewatch the highlights. Both half time and the Sessegnon shot were before Sigurdsson's penalty miss.

you are chatting out of your fart box, never heard one person scream for his head, I suggest you're lying to fit your weird agenda of blaming the fans, if there was shouts it was probably just an angry heat of the moment shout

No I'm not lying, and don't you think the "angry heat of the moment" shouts are exactly what the problem is?

don't go then, sit it home and moan about it

If I hadn't committed to a season ticket I undoubtedly would.

I appreciate your white knight defence of the fans mate, but you haven't given me any sort of a reason whatsoever to change my opinion.

by calling the fans a disgrace and stating your reasons why they are im pretty sure that constitutes as blaming the fans

we scored and we cheered, what the fck do want the fans to do? honestly you tell me what should have happened after we scored?

When was the first match you attended mate? Do you remember what goal celebrations were like before about 2015?

was we? probably signs of discontent given how shiite Fulham are, and I'm not a booer but if your a 45 million pound player and you cant hit a pen on target then you deserve to be booed because there is no excuses for that

Yes we were, rewatch the highlights. Both half time and the Sessegnon shot were before Sigurdsson's penalty miss.

you are chatting out of your fart box, never heard one person scream for his head, I suggest you're lying to fit your weird agenda of blaming the fans, if there was shouts it was probably just an angry heat of the moment shout

No I'm not lying, and don't you think the "angry heat of the moment" shouts are exactly what the problem is?

I appreciate your white knight defence of the fans mate, but you haven't given me any sort of a reason whatsoever to change my opinion.

been going the match since I was a lad, and was it different back then? yes and the reason why is because we were genuinely a terrible team back in the day so every win wasn't taken for granted, we scored against the big teams and it was amazing, now we are a MUCH better team ( on paper ) so scoring equalising goals against terrible teams at home when your watching your team get outplayed by teams you should be beating doesn't give you the same buzz and that's an absolute fact

I remember the sessognon miss and you're right there was discontent, you think any big team ( or aspiring to be big team ) would sit at home and happy clap some of the dross we have seen over the years?

and no mate I don't think angry heat of the moment shouts are to blame because it's the team who make fans this angry by constantly and I mean constantly turning in absolute drivel like last night, you think if we turned up most the time and had a rare off game the fans would boo and moan? ( ok maybe moan slightly that's part of being an everton fan ) but I think they would be a LOT more lenient to off games if we turned up most weeks

"If I hadn't committed to a season ticket I undoubtedly would.-"- isn't this hypocrisy though? you're saying that's fans are an embarresment etc ( you've got your opinion ) but then you say if you could you would just not go? just put your ticket on stub hub or something then

been going the match since I was a lad, and was it different back then? yes and the reason why is because we were genuinely a terrible team back in the day so every win wasn't taken for granted, we scored against the big teams and it was amazing, now we are a MUCH better team ( on paper ) so scoring equalising goals against terrible teams at home when your watching your team get outplayed by teams you should be beating doesn't give you the same buzz and that's an absolute fact

I remember the sessognon miss and you're right there was discontent, you think any big team ( or aspiring to be big team ) would sit at home and happy clap some of the dross we have seen over the years?

and no mate I don't think angry heat of the moment shouts are to blame because it's the team who make fans this angry by constantly and I mean constantly turning in absolute drivel like last night, you think if we turned up most the time and had a rare off game the fans would boo and moan? ( ok maybe moan slightly that's part of being an everton fan ) but I think they would be a LOT more lenient to off games if we turned up most weeks

"If I hadn't committed to a season ticket I undoubtedly would.-"- isn't this hypocrisy though? you're saying that's fans are an embarresment etc ( you've got your opinion ) but then you say if you could you would just not go? just put your ticket on stub hub or something then

No mate, I seriously, seriously don't think any other set of fans in the league would boo because a team who aren't as good as them hit the bar at 0-0. In fact I've seen it happen probably once, at Newcastle, and I remember it because I couldn't stop laughing about how delusional they were. Well we've just caught them up.

If it's the team that make the fans angry by turning in crap performances then why is it deadly silent as soon as the game kicks off mate? And even when we score a good goal to take the lead early on in a game? You can't convince me we have good support, I'm sorry if it offends you.

Gomes wasn’t as good in the second half , the team generally looked a little off the pace and nervous rather than going for the kill and I thought he lad in the centre doucoure did well second half . None of which you can point at the crowd for .

Gomes wasn’t as good in the second half , the team generally looked a little off the pace and nervous rather than going for the kill and I thought he lad in the centre doucoure did well second half . None of which you can point at the crowd for .
I think Gomes was struggling when he got hurt in the second half. The team looked knackered to be honest.

Ohhh

*grabs popcorn

No mate, I seriously, seriously don't think any other set of fans in the league would boo because a team who aren't as good as them hit the bar at 0-0. In fact I've seen it happen probably once, at Newcastle, and I remember it because I couldn't stop laughing about how delusional they were. Well we've just caught them up.

If it's the team that make the fans angry by turning in crap performances then why is it deadly silent as soon as the game kicks off mate? And even when we score a good goal to take the lead early on in a game? You can't convince me we have good support, I'm sorry if it offends you.

When did I say our support was good? I'm saying it's not a disgrace as your making out

Its just average

Because the team is flat and goes to the crowd even after we scored the team were flat, poor performance leads to a bad atmosphere.

But the atmosphere can be flat regardless.

I'm not blaming match-going fans, but it's a two-way street. After the initial buzz at kick-off you can regularly hear a pin drop. It's strange.

But the atmosphere can be flat regardless.

I'm not blaming match-going fans, but it's a two-way street. After the initial buzz at kick-off you can regularly hear a pin drop. It's strange.
I thought that myself last night and the Newcastle game i think the derby has a lot to do with it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.