The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that myself last night and the Newcastle game i think the derby has a lot to do with it myself.

It's been like it for years though. Yeh, in the big games the crowd are up for it more, obviously, but in most games now it's just like that unless there's some injustice.

Like someone's said, even getting a good early goal yesterday didn't really spark the crowd, and the team played well in the first half.

But the atmosphere can be flat regardless.

I'm not blaming match-going fans, but it's a two-way street. After the initial buzz at kick-off you can regularly hear a pin drop. It's strange.

I reckon we've got thousands of new season ticket holders who have spent most of their lives not going to the game. Your modern day Premier League fan goes the game to be entertained and not the other way round.

If it's bad now then I dread to think what the new stadium will be like.

Being a season ticket holder it does annoy me to see people who don’t attend the game having a pop.

A lot of people there last night had come straight from work, including myself. What does everyone want from a cold Monday night against Watford?

The crowd have been sound this season for the most part.

Being a season ticket holder it does annoy me to see people who don’t attend the game having a pop.

A lot of people there last night had come straight from work, including myself. What does everyone want from a cold Monday night against Watford?

The crowd have been sound this season for the most part.

I’ve been to every game and they haven’t.

I reckon we've got thousands of new season ticket holders who have spent most of their lives not going to the game. Your modern day Premier League fan goes the game to be entertained and not the other way round.

If it's bad now then I dread to think what the new stadium will be like.

I’m a season ticket holder and I live 200 miles from Goodison (yes, a Wool before you say it), I sit in the upper Bullens and I sing myself hoarse, along with many others around me.

Everyone, I’ve got something I need to tell you.

Last night at the game I did something I hope you can forgive me for.

I moaned at Pickford for launching one of his pin point passes into the stands after he did it for the third time whilst being a goal down.

I admit what I did was wrong and I’m a major contributor to the mean and moaning crowd.

Again I’m sorry, at the next match I’l buy a scarf and swing it over my head even if the performance is depressing.

The atmosphere has generally been getting worse for the last few years, however after losing in the 96th minute to your local rivals in the most idiotic way possible, I don't think you can expect the atmosphere to be rocking. My view is that as another poster said, a lot of newer fans have started getting season tickets and many of these fans have little or no interest in getting behind the team. Also we have a lot of fans who seem to be more interested in getting a pint at half time or looking on twitter during the game than supporting the team. Even in bigger games, the atmosphere can be pretty poor. It's not going to get any better, because of the fact we've sold all our season tickets and the ground is full, so if people don't wanna get behind the team then you can't really improve the atmosphere. In the past there was a possibility of getting more vocal fans together in the ground, however that's simply not possible now. I've always found it ridiculous that people take young kids in the centre of the lower street end at the back, because that's where people stand up and most of the chants start. When I sat there it was mostly people aged from like 14-40, so you could have a laugh, people didn't mind making amusing shouts. People are less likely to start chants and give the team verbal encouragement, when they're surrounded by young kids.

In what way?

We’ve got behind them this season and it’s a lot, lot better than it has been recently.

Don’t really know what people want.
To get behind the team for a start, as someone said on earlier post, only started singing when we went behind and that was for Ev ver ton Ev ver ton then fade to silence.

Can't be arsed reading 14 pages.
My suggestion is to issue those clackers that they have at Leicester, or get the crowd up for it by singing a song from one of the musicals and issue everyone with a flag, can envisage Goodison rocking to that.
(I'm joking before anyone tears my head off)

Status
Not open for further replies.