Summer transfer window 2023

Yep we did - but before deductions so prob closer to £30 mill in real terms mate.

We lost - £111 mill in 18/19 (before deductions) - so that falls of our three year cycle for profit and sustainability on the 30th of June.
Don’t know the covid concession thing can be used until which season…

Just nobody from Leeds......but definitely none of the US contingent. Who were pretty rubbish. Sure you'll agree. As were their English lot. So touchy.
Was being sarcastic with the reply but I also don’t much like blanket statements.

From Leeds, I’d take a punt on Gnonto and maybe Harrison if they’re cheap enough.

Re the Americans, Adams was good which is why he’ll move. McKennie came on loan and very much underperformed. Aaronson to the championship is probably where he should’ve started his career in England anyways.

Was being sarcastic with the reply but I also don’t much like blanket statements.

From Leeds, I’d take a punt on Gnonto and maybe Harrison if they’re cheap enough.

Re the Americans, Adams was good which is why he’ll move. McKennie came on loan and very much underperformed. Aaronson to the championship is probably where he should’ve started his career in England anyways.
Sinisterra at the right price

With the current board, this thread should be called deadline day panic deals, as that is exactly what will Happen.

We will have played 3/4 games with the same squad and Simms up front.

Then get Chris Wood on loan from forest
odemwingie-football-west-brom_3393532.jpg

"Yeah it was all a bit of a mixup really. I spoke to the gaffer, said I'm available, want to come to Everton, been parked outside the ground for 4 hours and no bugger came. Turns out I got the wrong place, BMD is next year, so here I am in the McDonald's drive thru waiting on a call from Arry and Big Sam."

The Covid years - 19/20 & 20/21 are averaged mate so count as the one year and the average loss worked out.

Not sure if you can still claim expenses - but if you can id say be marginal at this stage.
Mate so looks like we can’t spend.

20/21 - minus 121m
21/22 - minus 45m
22/23 - ?

Unless we can convince them the majority of the loss is down to the new stadium project?

Our current cycle before deductions is:

18/19 = £111 mill loss
19/20 & 20/21 - averaged - less £82.21 mill in Covid losses = £47.4 mill loss
20/21 = £ 50 mill loss.

Thats before other deductions apart from Covid.

So we loose the first £111 mill loss come the 30th of June this year mate

Ok seeing the positives.

He's going for free and won't be on astronomical wages. Plus he's colombian and Everton have said they want to expand into the South American market commercially. He's got tons of shthousery about him that the squad lacks. Hopefully his 8 red cards at Rangers has taught him lessons.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we get him tbh.

But he needs about six chances at goal.

Edit - Rangers have scored over 80 goals in SPL and Morelos has only scored 11 of them.
Ok. True about Morelos just scoring 11 goals this season, I haven’t really checked his stats . But I have noticed that he hasn’t played much this season . He’s been a little out of favour. So that doesn’t sound good . But our very own Doucoure was out of favour , with a certain manager. It happens.
Was just thinking that he could be a cheap option from the bench . And he might get the odd goal. And of course , I want better strikers at Everton . But wouldn’t the likes of Morelos be better that the likes of Maupay. And when I made my comment , I was thinking that Mina would take him in hand . But none of that will happen now.
But I would still look at Scotland for a back up striker . Celtic have a few decent Japanese strikers. A decent offer could get one of them. Why not.
It’s a lottery anyhow , but one that we really do need to get right. So let’s hope we bring in two Hungary strikers . And one hits the ground running . And the other isn’t too far behind.
Vardy , for the right terms , could also be an option.

I make it £30.25 mill in FFP scope this summer - prob a bit more as we prob book a profit after selling Kean and Gordon.

We've a big dirty loss of £111mill falling of our charge sheet on the 30th of June.
Does that mean we shouldn't expect much till after that date?

We need to replace DCL without spending £30-40mill IMO.

It would be a shrewd buy for paying a one off signing on fee and decent wages especially now Mina is off the books.

It becomes a Brands/Mosh singing the minute his wages end up £100k a week.

This is the opposite of what i would do

Ok. True about Morelos just scoring 11 goals this season, I haven’t really checked his stats . But I have noticed that he hasn’t played much this season . He’s been a little out of favour. So that doesn’t sound good . But our very own Doucoure was out of favour , with a certain manager. It happens.
Was just thinking that he could be a cheap option from the bench . And he might get the odd goal. And of course , I want better strikers at Everton . But wouldn’t the likes of Morelos be better that the likes of Maupay. And when I made my comment , I was thinking that Mina would take him in hand . But none of that will happen now.
But I would still look at Scotland for a back up striker . Celtic have a few decent Japanese strikers. A decent offer could get one of them. Why not.
It’s a lottery anyhow , but one that we really do need to get right. So let’s hope we bring in two Hungary strikers . And one hits the ground running . And the other isn’t too far behind.
Vardy , for the right terms , could also be an option.

....as somebody who watched a bit of Rangers over the past few seasons, Morelos is absolutely not fit for purpose as far as Everton is concerned. Not even sure he’s an upgrade on Maupay. He’s dreadful, banish that thought from your mind.

Vardy is also dreadful. Banish him from your mind as well.

I’m afraid they are Two awful shouts. I need a rum at the thought of it.

I'm a lot more comfortable with Coady in the starting eleven than Keane, Holgate or Godfrey so with Branthwaite still untested over a long period of PL football I think Coady's departure leaves us definitely needing one more reliable centre back. And unless we can find one for less than Coady would've cost that's just spreading the budget thinner when we need every penny for other positions.
Also plays well in a 3 when we need to switch to that. He's a great option to have around for that fee and seems to be a good voice in the squad.

....as somebody who watched a bit of Rangers over the past few seasons, Morelos is absolutely not fit for purpose as far as Everton is concerned. Not even sure he’s an upgrade on Maupay. He’s dreadful, banish that thought from your mind.

Vardy is also dreadful. Banish him from your mind as well.

I’m afraid they are Two awful shouts. I need a rum at the thought of it.
Since when did Vardy become dreadful. And , ok, I’m going off the idea of Morelos. It was never happening anyhow.