Summer transfer window 2023

That's a Brands + Moshiri signing. Good player, not worth what we would have to pay, no sell-on.

Let's do that with the striker and stockpile assets otherwise.

We need to replace DCL without spending £30-40mill IMO.

It would be a shrewd buy for paying a one off signing on fee and decent wages especially now Mina is off the books.

It becomes a Brands/Mosh singing the minute his wages end up £100k a week.

Seriously need to be looking at offloading
Holgate
Keane
Gbamin
Maupay
Simms

Mina, Davies, Vinagre all OOC and going anyway. Coady too if a deal cannot be struck.

I’d be open to offers as well for
Patterson if he can’t stay fit
Mykolenko
Iwobi
Gana

I’d keep Onana unless we get a silly offer.
Gray is ok for the bench.
Gomes is a funny one, might have his confidence back after a season in France. Or maybe I’ve just forgotten how slow he is and not suited to the PL.
We can't offload 2 strikers man. That will not help at all. Even of we get 2 forwards in, id say we still keep Simms. His wages are very likely less than Maups and I feel he offers more as a striker.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. Whilst i like Gomes i think if he's had a good season and there's interest we need to get shot.
Hard to disagree with your list but I'd include (and this is probably annoy people) Dom on the list of open to offers. He's a great player when fit but removing all sentimentality we just can't rely on him as this season proved and if someone offered a decent fee and we can get 1 or 2 strikers that will play then I'd bite their hand off.
Agree about DCL, but with his injury history can’t honestly see anyone willing to touch him.

If we can get another decent striker or two in then we aren’t totally reliant on him.

We need to replace DCL without spending £30-40mill IMO.

It would be a shrewd buy for paying a one off signing on fee and decent wages especially now Mina is off the books.

It becomes a Brands/Mosh singing the minute his wages end up £100k a week.
I don't think it's realistic to replace DCL without spending that. Good, proven strikers cost. We need one. We thought we had one, but we were wrong. Not faulting DCL - injuries are what they are - but that's the most expensive hole to plug in a squad.

I don't think it's realistic to replace DCL without spending that. Good, proven strikers cost. We need one. We thought we had one, but we were wrong. Not faulting DCL - injuries are what they are - but that's the most expensive hole to plug in a squad.
Wout Weghorst - doesn't score but can hold the ball up/bring others into play (not unlike DCL), but (unlike DCL) is generally fit/available for selection.

* gets tin hat and runs for cover!

Which is why an opportunity like getting Demebele in would be a no brainer IMO.

There's few players at the end of their contracts that can save us lots and improve us.... Kamada from Frankfurt. Lamier from Leipzig

Wout Weghorst - doesn't score but can hold the ball up/bring others into play (not unlike DCL), but (unlike DCL) is generally fit/available for selection.

Wout Weghorst?
Wout Weghorst? (with full Jim Mora 'Playoffs' inflection this time)

I just hope we can win a game. Another game.

Considering we need more than one striker (a shock for Everton I know). I actually wouldn’t be against this. He’d be free, he’s always available, can score when he’s not being asked to play number 10, he clearly works hard as both Ten Haag and Dyche have trusted him.

Every time we were playing Maupay Gray or Simms this seaso upfront most fans would have taken Weghorst there. As a third or fourth choice striker to offer depth or a plan B off the bench why not?

Of course that’s largely dependent on the club buying a new first choice striker; and having DCL fit behind them, so that Weghorst really would be third or fourth choice and not first choice.

DCL is one of our very best players and someone we should be trying to keep rather than sell.

We need to manage his playing time, allowing him to recover properly because at the moment as soon as he is just about recovered he is thrown back in again to play every minute.

We all know that overplaying when somebody is returning from injury can cause more injury.

Considering we need more than one striker (a shock for Everton I know). I actually wouldn’t be against this. He’d be free, he’s always available, can score when he’s not being asked to play number 10, he clearly works hard as both Ten Haag and Dyche have trusted him.

Every time we were playing Maupay Gray or Simms this seaso upfront most fans would have taken Weghorst there. As a third or fourth choice striker to offer depth or a plan B off the bench why not?

Of course that’s largely dependent on the club buying a new first choice striker; and having DCL fit behind them, so that Weghorst really would be third or fourth choice and not first choice.
Weghorst wouldn’t be free. He’s still a Burnley player. They paid 12m for him and presumably would want that or more. For a 30 year old that’s a no go.