Summer transfer window 2023

Weghorst wouldn’t be free. He’s still a Burnley player. They paid 12m for him and presumably would want that or more. For a 30 year old that’s a no go.

Ah thought he was contracted to a Turkish team. Either way if he’s been on loan twice they clearly don’t want him and won’t get anywhere near the 12 mill for him. I’d wager we could get him cheaply but there’s other target men out there if that’s the way Dyche wants to go.

I’d prefer us to get a new first choice striker, plus a wing forward who can score and could possibly cover central striker if needed. Then have DCL as a backup to them. Then get a fourth choice player whether that be Simms or someone else.

We just can’t have these situations when Everton are going into games multiple times a season without a striker or without fullbacks.

Ah thought he was contracted to a Turkish team. Either way if he’s been on loan twice they clearly don’t want him and won’t get anywhere near the 12 mill for him. I’d wager we could get him cheaply but there’s other target men out there if that’s the way Dyche wants to go.

I’d prefer us to get a new first choice striker, plus a wing forward who can score and could possibly cover central striker if needed. Then have DCL as a backup to them. Then get a fourth choice player whether that be Simms or someone else.

We just can’t have these situations when Everton are going into games multiple times a season without a striker or without fullbacks.
Toure the young lad in Spain we are being linked with can play wide or through the middle.

Agree
Also sign someone who can hit a freekick. We've not scored a direct one since 2018

Yeah, agree the way to go is to get a starting striker and someone who can play out wide or cover striker. No point in just stockpiling multiple pure number 9s. I think the latter is the sort of thing we were looking for in Jan when sniffing around guys like Sulemana or Outtara.

Well, the club has seen what not bringing in a decent striker almost did to us.

Seeing as Calvert-Lewin cannot be relied upon, you cannot just sign one striker and expect him to be fit all season, so we need to bring in two new strikers; one proven striker from a decent league, and one maybe a slight gamble, cheaper, from the Championship or Ligue 1, etc.

I fully expect both strikers to be announced on day one of the transfer window.

Well, the club has seen what not bringing in a decent striker almost did to us.

Seeing as Calvert-Lewin cannot be relied upon, you cannot just sign one striker and expect him to be fit all season, so we need to bring in two new strikers; one proven striker from a decent league, and one maybe a slight gamble, cheaper, from the Championship or Ligue 1, etc.

I fully expect both strikers to be announced on day one of the transfer window.
I agree with what you are saying mate.
I wish though that I had your positivity and optimism about your last point too.
However recent windows have shown the glacial pace of transfer movement by the club , as we consider pondering a potential move , whilst all the best options are snapped up by others. I hope that you are correct but fear that we will be scrambling around in a blind panic as the window draws to a close.

Dont know if a terrible idea, and probably never happen - but would anyone still consider Danjuma? Price will have plummeted and think theres a good player there.

Just a thought, don't see it happening

Yeah, agree the way to go is to get a starting striker and someone who can play out wide or cover striker. No point in just stockpiling multiple pure number 9s. I think the latter is the sort of thing we were looking for in Jan when sniffing around guys like Sulemana or Outtara.
Richie on loan with obligation to buy (if we can get favourable conditions from Levy). And an out and out number 9.

2AFP7dr.jpg

Facebook blues r a different breed