Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ignore the 13 to 2 plgoals-stat, maybe. Im happy with Bernard, he’s a great player, I wont be upset if he’s playing well, like for example Gylfi.

I might have missed something in your post, but why is it Bernard doing as well as Gylfi is a positive about Bernard when your point is saying Siggy should do better?
I was basically saying he’s probably done as well from a creating chances point of view. If not better. And when you consider this is his first season in the prem turned up having not played fir 6months. I think that’s a positive, but he still needs to improve.

Wonder if we'll go back in for Tousart.

When were we in for him?

Zat was suggesting we pay 50m for him the other day.

Thats a lie.

@Zatara you need to actually watch these players you recommend.

Funnily enough, anyone with an interest in European teams in the champions league would have noticed Shakhtar with Bernard (now our player) and Fred.

They would have seen a player who was capped by Brazil and was the subject of £55mil bids from City and United.

Clearly, neither of you have watched him bar an abysmal performance against us. Yet Marcel Brands has stated hes after players in the top 6 squads.

Seeing as Digne, Gomes and Mina were squad players at Barca i think its fair to say Fred may have been someone under consideration, you know based on his entire career and not on a couple of games in a dire team devoid of confidence or strategy.

When were we in for him?

Thats a lie.

Funnily enough, anyone with an interest in European teams in the champions league would have noticed Shakhtar with Bernard (now our player) and Fred.
They would have seen a player who was capped by Brazil and was the subject of £55mil bids from City and United.

Clearly, neither of you have watched him bar an abysmal performance against us. Yet Marcel Brands has stated hes after players in the top 6 squads.

Seeing as Digne, Gomes and Mina were squad players at Barca i think its fair to say Fred may have been someone under consideration, you know based on his entire career and not on a couple of games in a dire team devoid of confidence or strategy.
Fred is abysmal. He wouldn't get into our team over McCarthy. It is what it is. United supporters should hope he settles and can maybe be useful at times like Cleverley was for them.

Fred is abysmal. He wouldn't get into our team over McCarthy. It is what it is. United supporters should hope he settles and can maybe be useful at times like Cleverley was for them.
He's truly atrocious. A gamble that has backfired big time. 50m big ones too. As bad as Bolasie for us. I bet he'll go for half of what they paid in the summer.

Lukaku will go for about 60m, Pogba for about 80m, de Gea for 50m, Herrera and Mata out of contract and free, likely Luke Shaw for about 20m, Sanchez for about the same price, Smalling too, Bailly, Rojo, Valencia, Matic.

Can see a big portion of that list there gone by the end of the summer. Add Ashley Young in there too.

I see it as an exciting time for United though. They get to hold a huge clear out and start again from scratch and invest big money once again. Get rid of the main offender bad eggs Lukaku and Pogba and build a new squad capable of challenging for the league within two to three years.

I guess next season they will demand a top four finish, and then improve on that the season after.

When were we in for him?

Thats a lie.

I trust Brands and I know he wont be going anywhere near this fella, he stinks, utterly reeks.

Fred, Kieta, both bought for 50m+, both utterly horrific, so far, sure they might get better once they adapt, but it doesnt matter how they performed in DAS SPL or Putins backyard, its how they perform in this league and so far both stink, big time.

Ive watched both loads of times, both stink.

Brands did indeed say he would try and have a sniff at the top 6 fringe players, Fred isnt a fringe player, hes utter tosh, you would assume Brands would go for players that can actually perform in this league, FOR EXAMPLE, Tony Marshall, not that I think its realistic to assume we could get him, but that sort of player, somebody who has been in the side and performed well and is now on the fringes, he wont be buying the top 6 flops.

I dont know how you can watch his performances and think he would be a good signing Zat, I honestly dont. We arent talking about a little punt, United will want the majority of their 55m back.

When were we in for him?

Thats a lie.

Zat, what have you seen from Fred that makes you think he’s good at this level? It’s not a couple of games, it’s been the entire league season. He’s been dire. Not even shown flashes. What does he do well exactly?

Whoa. Are you seriously suggesting that no one used the false nine from the time it was employed by Hungary in the 50s to when Barcelona used it with Pep?
No one of importance and like I’ve said repeatedly Pep used it on more than just one instance of an injury to a major player on the team. Pep made it into a role that is widely successful in the modern game and used it in multiple season in a consecutive games winning league titles and champions league trophies in the process. Just like he did with tiki taka until he realized without the team he had at the time there was no way tiki taka would work and publicly claimed it was a failed tactical model.

No one of importance and like I’ve said repeatedly Pep used it on more than just one instance of an injury to a major player on the team. Pep made it into a role that is widely successful in the modern game and used it in multiple season in a consecutive games winning league titles and champions league trophies in the process. Just like he did with tiki taka until he realized without the team he had at the time there was no way tiki taka would work and publicly claimed it was a failed tactical model.
Yeah, Cryuff, Totti, Rooney, Van Persie, no one of any importance.

It's been a common tactic for 50 years.

It would be impossible to get even a D level coaching license without understanding it.

That includes pens and he takes nearly every set piece. So I would say 5 assists is poor from a 45mill player. I’m sure I read pogba gas 13 assists.

Barkley in 2015/16 season got 25 goals and assists combined. Hardly ever took a set piece. Though I think 2 or 3 goals came from pens.

Soggy doesn’t take nearly every set priecw tho does he? Digne takes them from the other side of the pitch. Siggy has DCL playing in front of him and had Niasse and tuson before that, I can also remember Walcott missing 5 clear 1-1 chances too. Barkley’s attitude and or intelligence is the reason he will never fulfill the full potential he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.