• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I din

So you really don’t think Gomes would improve spurs’s options obviously you don’t think he would get in over winks, but surely it’s about improving.

So I suppose what you’re saying about spurs. Would be the same with Liverpool? You don’t think he would get in their midfield?

I think if Liverpool were looking for someone, they'd want a player who didn't go missing for 3 months.

Bit harsh that.

The whole team went missing for 3 months.

Fantastic player.

Well yes, it is, and I really like Gomes, but I think we have to be realistic about expectations. He went missing against Fulham. He has had some wonderful games, but I'm not sure sides are risking big money for him when they know he might not settle.

Well yes, it is, and I really like Gomes, but I think we have to be realistic about expectations. He went missing against Fulham. He has had some wonderful games, but I'm not sure sides are risking big money for him when they know he might not settle.
I hope the "other sides" see it that way.

There was always going to be a settling in / adapt time.
I'm confident he has done that now and fully expect big things from him. Top quality player who didnt think we would have a chance to sign 12 months ago.
Huge opportunity missed if he isnt signed up.

They paid £60m for Keita who is yet to turn up

One of the worst signings ever. I can't see teams willingly lining up to pay 30 million for Gomes is my overarching point. If he played for another team, I'd be wary of us paying it, given how he struggled to settle at Barca. But when know he likes it here and gets along well with Silva so it makes sense.

To be fair Catcher, every single one of them went missing at Fulham.
Don't think you can suggest Gomes isn't settling in, he seems genuinely happy to have had at least this season with us.

Have you seen Lukaku lately.

We just might have sold him at the right time.

I have not sure he’s been in awful form of late, he was shockingly poor first half this season, he’s a one dimensional player, but he’s exceptional at that dimension. He needs to be the focal of everything to thrive, he’s not going to get that at a CL team in the PL.

Think he’d thrive and will probably end up in Germany or Italy.

I have not sure he’s been in awful form of late, he was shockingly poor first half this season, he’s a one dimensional player, but he’s exceptional at that dimension. He needs to be the focal of everything to thrive, he’s not going to get that at a CL team in the PL.

Think he’d thrive and will probably end up in Germany or Italy.
You could be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.