Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA. In what season did Ross Barkley do that? He had 8 goals and 8 assists in a single year and 2 of those goals were Penalties.

Was about to paper the same, has 24 gls 23 assists in 178 matches in his prem career , as we aren’t exactly known for our cup runs anymore I don’t see his total career stats being that much different.

It's not an American Term. Alli sits a bit deeper, but they are similar players. Siggy has played a bit deeper a couple times and I honestly believe he's good in that role - he's a good defensive player and his work rate makes up for his lack of athleticism. I think he'd be FINE in either of Silva's 4-3-3s in front of the two CMs/DMs.

How is a guy that's had double digit assists twice in his PL career for a poor side NOT a class play maker?

Again, I think we can associating a 10 with a style of play - holding the ball, dribbling, passing first, not necessarily a threat from distance, etc.

I think a 10 has to have certain skills that are needed to play the position such as quick thought, footballing intelligence, emasculate touch and very good on the ball. That’s the minimum From there the other skill sets determine what kind of player they are for example , Silva is weak , slow, lacks aggression in comparison to someone like Rooney. Rooney was explosive , scored goals , good from range etc , but Silva has exceptional awareness , intelligence, passing etc

It's tough. I see that he could be a very good 8, he can dribble a bit, he has some creativity, but I don't see the decision making or the positional discipline. He's only 20. He has time to get better. Maybe he can do that under Silva. Maybe he should go out on loan to someone that is a bit more defensive oriented to learn better positional discipline.

Wish I was an 8 ,.. probably a 6-7 in my youth but now am more of a 4-5. Oh wait we are taking about football?

Rashford is the answer there, he’s absolutley sensational. He will be up there with Aguero and Kane shortly, if I was Utd I would be binning Rom, Rashford has everything. Crime against football playing him out on the flank.

I havent paid much attention to Rashford, whats the difference between him and DCL?

Fred is abysmal. He wouldn't get into our team over McCarthy. It is what it is. United supporters should hope he settles and can maybe be useful at times like Cleverley was for them.
He's truly atrocious. A gamble that has backfired big time. 50m big ones too. As bad as Bolasie for us. I bet he'll go for half of what they paid in the summer.

Lukaku will go for about 60m, Pogba for about 80m, de Gea for 50m, Herrera and Mata out of contract and free, likely Luke Shaw for about 20m, Sanchez for about the same price, Smalling too, Bailly, Rojo, Valencia, Matic.

Can see a big portion of that list there gone by the end of the summer. Add Ashley Young in there too.

I see it as an exciting time for United though. They get to hold a huge clear out and start again from scratch and invest big money once again. Get rid of the main offender bad eggs Lukaku and Pogba and build a new squad capable of challenging for the league within two to three years.

I guess next season they will demand a top four finish, and then improve on that the season after.
I trust Brands and I know he wont be going anywhere near this fella, he stinks, utterly reeks.

Fred, Kieta, both bought for 50m+, both utterly horrific, so far, sure they might get better once they adapt, but it doesnt matter how they performed in DAS SPL or Putins backyard, its how they perform in this league and so far both stink, big time.

Ive watched both loads of times, both stink.

Brands did indeed say he would try and have a sniff at the top 6 fringe players, Fred isnt a fringe player, hes utter tosh, you would assume Brands would go for players that can actually perform in this league, FOR EXAMPLE, Tony Marshall, not that I think its realistic to assume we could get him, but that sort of player, somebody who has been in the side and performed well and is now on the fringes, he wont be buying the top 6 flops.

I dont know how you can watch his performances and think he would be a good signing Zat, I honestly dont. We arent talking about a little punt, United will want the majority of their 55m back.
Zat, what have you seen from Fred that makes you think he’s good at this level? It’s not a couple of games, it’s been the entire league season. He’s been dire. Not even shown flashes. What does he do well exactly?

Last season Fred was literally incredible in the champions league -- which is why United paid £55mil for him and why Guardiola wanted him for the same amount.

I agree that hes been shocking this season, however look at Gomes at Barca there are parallels...United have been awful all season and you can see we blitzed them last match...all of them looked terrible.

What I saw of him in the champions league was a quick and very strong, technical, two footed player with quick passes and who was especially exciting releasing players on the counter when playing just in front of the defence.

Brazil;
2014 2 caps
2015 4 caps
2018 5 caps

We have two Brazilians in the squad and Silva plays a counter attacking style -- its suited far more to Freds game and of course Bernard was even quoted last week of saying he and Fred had almost a telepathic understanding at Shakhtar.

Last summer, if we had signed him then his career in England may well have gone a different way.

He's on £120k a week and United will want to move him on this summer. I doubt there will be many takers for him.

Id be really excited if we could get him on loan for a fee with a buy clause.

If he hits the same heights as at Shakhtar we have a player worth more than £55mil as he would be proven in the league...if he doesnt work out then his loan expires.

@Zatara

It was widely reported over in France that we wanted Tousart but he rejected us & Zenit so we pulled the plug on Gana to PSG.

His quotes saying he was disappointed he didn’t move to PSG backs it up as that suggests he was close at one point.

Thats really interesting...was very highly rated but not had the same media attention as Aouar or Ndombele.

Similar physically to Schneiderlin and I think quite a similar type but with far more desire and upside it seems.

What do you think?

I havent paid much attention to Rashford, whats the difference between him and DCL?

Last season Fred was literally incredible in the champions league -- which is why United paid £55mil for him and why Guardiola wanted him for the same amount.

I agree that hes been shocking this season, however look at Gomes at Barca there are parallels...United have been awful all season and you can see we blitzed them last match...all of them looked terrible.

What I saw of him in the champions league was a quick and very strong, technical, two footed player with quick passes and who was especially exciting releasing players on the counter when playing just in front of the defence.

Brazil;
2014 2 caps
2015 4 caps
2018 5 caps

We have two Brazilians in the squad and Silva plays a counter attacking style -- its suited far more to Freds game and of course Bernard was even quoted last week of saying he and Fred had almost a telepathic understanding at Shakhtar.

Last summer, if we had signed him then his career in England may well have gone a different way.

He's on £120k a week and United will want to move him on this summer. I doubt there will be many takers for him.

If he hits the same heights as at Shakhtar we have a player worth more than £55mil as he would be proven in the league...if he doesnt work out then his loan expires.

Thats really interesting...was very highly rated but not had the same media attention as Aouar or Ndombele.

Similar physically to Schneiderlin and I think quite a similar type but with far more desire and upside it seems.

What do you think?
You like to talk about Fred in the CL with Shakhtar but that was maybe 8 games and now we've watched 40 more and found out that those 8 games maybe painted him in a better light than he actually is. And I get that United isn't exactly a great situation at the moment but he's been generally worse than real stinkers like Matic and McTominay.

You like to talk about Fred in the CL with Shakhtar but that was maybe 8 games and now we've watched 40 more and found out that those 8 games maybe painted him in a better light than he actually is. And I get that United isn't exactly a great situation at the moment but he's been generally worse than real stinkers like Matic and McTominay.

Hes played 39 games in Europe for Shakhtar.

For United hes participated in 17 league games in a stop/start season in a different country with a different style of play under two managers and in a toxic environment.

Is it such a stretch to imagine a player capped 5 times for Brazil last season and wanted by both city and United may just be struggling to adapt?

Whats the risk for us? £120k a week and a loan fee...send him back if hes rubbish...activate a clause if hes good.

Not sure mate looks like Heskey now.
Behave. Heskey wasn’t as bad as he is now.

He’s a confidence player. Can’t be good for his ego being dropped. How many games for us would he be anonymous but still score? His touch does seem to be even worse than ever though. Maybe he shout just have it pinged at him constantly in training. No finishing drills

Brazil;
2014 2 caps
2015 4 caps
2018 5 caps

What do you think?

Tbh I don’t know how much of a fan of Tousart I am; he’s certainly no replacement if Gana leaves. He’s strong but pretty slow. Like you say, similar to Schneids.

Status
Not open for further replies.