Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird because Silva has never really played with a 10 in the PL before - he's gone 4-3-3. I think he's playing this current 4-4-1-1 system while all the players settle and to make use of Gylfi, because whatever people think of Gylfi his workrate will always help with a pressing game, and technically he's our best player (alongside Bernard/Richarlison).

But I agree, I don't think we would go for RLC personally.
I’m not a big, from what I’ve seen. Looked really slow at times in the World Cup. And was very average in his last England game.

For me it’s the typical cockney media, come through the Chelsea youth set up, who win most competitions, so he must be good. Couple of good games for palace and it’s get him in the England team.

I think Walcott, Sigurdsson and Coleman will be interesting cases over the next 2 windows...

Coleman -- As already mentioned
Sigurdsson -- Silva may revert to 2 CMs
Walcott -- Not top class and no spring chicken

All have values which will drop as they age over the next couple of seasons which Brands will have an eye on.
I said the same the other day about siggurdsson, I know he got 2 goals the other day, but if silva wants to play another way and someone offers us 20mil it wouldn’t surprise me.

Don’t want to come across like I’m playing fifa, but say selling him and lookman, could buy you a Lozano or could we go back in for Malcolm?

I do get the feeling Brands will be ruthless and won’t let sentimentality get in his way.

While I agree with the principle, I don't think any of them will be sold in the coming windows.

Walcott will always be a player who has his use. He has shown no signs of losing his pace because (touch wood) he's not had any injury trouble recently in terms of his hamstrings. And if those hamstrings stay in-tact, then it doesn't matter how old you are (to an extent, obviously) you can keep your pace.

His knack for getting into the area and making good runs is always going to be there as well, so it's not an area that needs desperately addressing. In terms of other options for that position, I think a lot depends on how Lookman gets on. So I'd say Walcott is there until at least summer 2020 (whether that's first choice or not), and I have no issues with that. He's 29 and we knew when we invested it wasn't about getting the money back, it was about him delivering goals and assists which is what he does.

Gyfli, again, only just 29. Doesn't rely on pace and doesn't have a bad injury history. Whether he'll be a guaranteed starter in a year or so remains to be seen, but definitely a good player to have in the squad. Like it or not (and I know you don't not rate Gylfi btw, mate) he's probably our best outfield player.

Coleman, as you said we've been over.

I just don't see Brands/Silva looking to shift them all on. Maybe gradually, eventually, but those three are model pros that should be in the squad to complement the younger players we have.

I know with Walcott and Sigurdsson that when they were signed ot was a case of looking at them as players we would be keeping -- not resale.

However they were signed by a different management team and so what interests me is what happens to them...do we keep them till their contracts elapse or do we offload and replace...

Interesting to see...

I said the same the other day about siggurdsson, I know he got 2 goals the other day, but if silva wants to play another way and someone offers us 20mil it wouldn’t surprise me.

Don’t want to come across like I’m playing fifa, but say selling him and lookman, could buy you a Lozano or could we go back in for Malcolm?

I do get the feeling Brands will be ruthless and won’t let sentimentality get in his way.

Barca our feeder club, yeh?

I think if we have 40/50 m to spend it would be better served buying a CF rather than a right winger
CM is also more of a priority than RW imo
I agree, but my original point was, we potentially have s lot of money that could be generated from sales and maybe one or two players being sold who are in the team at the moment.

I think it’s about getting as many top class players as possible.

Gylfi won't be sold.

Silva likes him.
I think only about 6 maybe 7 players in the squad aren’t for sale. And siggurdsson isn’t one of them. Every one has a price and like it’s been mentioned silva hasn’t always played with a proper number 10.

He will have to have a stellar season imo to still be a regular this time next season.

I think only about 6 maybe 7 players in the squad aren’t for sale. And siggurdsson isn’t one of them. Every one has a price and like it’s been mentioned silva hasn’t always played with a proper number 10.

He will have to have a stellar season imo to still be a regular this time next season.

He's our top scorer. I'd like us to stop selling those.

Status
Not open for further replies.