Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loftus-Cheek hasn't had a look in since the summer and is the exact type of player we are crying out for.

He would walk into our squad and has the potential to become a key player instantly for Everton.

£25m+ but at 22 he has years ahead of him and he will only get better.

I question his desire a little at not forcing some form of move this summer.

Loftus-Cheek hasn't had a look in since the summer and is the exact type of player we are crying out for.

He would walk into our squad and has the potential to become a key player instantly for Everton.

£25m+ but at 22 he has years ahead of him and he will only get better.

His stock could be lower after a promising season last year.

I would just question why Barkley appears to have moved ahead of him. I know he has had a slight injury recently but Ross is ahead of him and he hasn't pulled up any trees in his cameos.

I just think there will be better options from abroad and I trust Brands to find them.

For those interested In Wan-Bissaka, he looks a very good player already and potentially a top class right back.

We've got Coleman and Kenny there already though and only need 2 right backs in the squad.

Coleman will be on big money as he signed the contract extension and is 30 this month. Kenny is 21 and a local player who wont be on big money.

I'd say it is more prudent to say that Kenny would be a better option to keep than Coleman if one had to make way.

So, would people be happy Selling Coleman and signing Wan-Bissaka?

For those interested In Wan-Bissaka, he looks a very good player already and potentially a top class right back.

We've got Coleman and Kenny there already though and only need 2 right backs in the squad.

Coleman will be on big money as he signed the contract extension and is 30 this month. Kenny is 21 and a local player who wont be on big money.

I'd say it is more prudent to say that Kenny would be a better option to keep than Coleman if one had to make way.

Short answer no.

My reasoning being that Coleman is probably a better player than both of them and I prefer to not intentionally make the team worse and Wan-Bissaka has 13 appearances so it is far too early to spend serious money on him. Jon Flanagan was being called Cafu after 13 games. If he plays well all season maybe he could be a possibility this summer. But imagine we signed Chilwell instead of Digne. A similar option might be available on the right.

Short answer no.

My reasoning being that Coleman is probably a better player than both of them and I prefer to not intentionally make the team worse and Wan-Bissaka has 13 appearances so it is far too early to spend serious money on him. Jon Flanagan was being called Cafu after 13 games. If he plays well all season maybe he could be a possibility this summer. But imagine we signed Chilwell instead of Digne. A similar option might be available on the right.

Who’s Barca’s reserve RB?

Zat mate, fair dinkum did you even just suggest we should consider moving Coleman along. Now, now.....

His stock could be lower after a promising season last year.

I would just question why Barkley appears to have moved ahead of him. I know he has had a slight injury recently but Ross is ahead of him and he hasn't pulled up any trees in his cameos.

I just think there will be better options from abroad and I trust Brands to find them.
Because simply put Barkley has a signing so has to be seen as involved and loftus cheek is an academy player and to Chelsea doesn't matter

Short answer no.

True about Flanaghan lol

What do you mean about a similar option to Chilwell/Digne on the right?

Who’s Barca’s reserve RB?

Sergi Roberto / Semedo / Vidal and i think its Cucarelli (sp?) as the right backs...

Zat mate, fair dinkum did you even just suggest we should consider moving Coleman along. Now, now.....

What im reading is that posters fancy a bit of Wan-Bissaka. Now we arent going to have 3 right backs are we?

He would be a new signing if those posters got their wish...so takes 1 of 2 places in the squad, who takes the other place...a soon to be 30 year old Coleman on a tasty contract or a 21 year old improving Kenny...

If the posters believe in Wan-Bissaka then they would see him as 1st choice...so why have Coleman on the bench?

Hence, if you are a poster who wants Wan-Bissaka then would you be happy replacing Coleman in the squad with him?

One thing i will say is that Coleman brings professionalism and leadership to the squad, however hes not been at the races for a while and i can see Kenny taking his place...

No

Was-Bissaka is a great prospect, but for one I doubt Palace would sell and two you don't have two full-backs in the squad with a combined age of 39.

I know you're only raising the question though, Zatman.

Because simply put Barkley has a signing so has to be seen as involved and loftus cheek is an academy player and to Chelsea doesn't matter

That's just totally incorrect.

Sarri rates Barkley more than he does RLC.

RLC is a very good young player but Sarri currently sees Barkley as fitting into the mould he wants more than RLC does.

That's just totally incorrect.

Sarri rates Barkley more than he does RLC.

RLC is a very good young player but Sarri currently sees Barkley as fitting into the mould he wants more than RLC does.

Hes a big bloke loftus cheek. Seems to be very good at holding up the ball and playing short passes (when he was at palace) as well as making little runs and lay offs...very powerful.

Im not sure what his best position would be...doesnt seem to be a DM...hasnt got the nous to be a typical ball player as an AM...so could do well as one of a pair of box to box CM players ahead of a playmaking DM.

Just cant see him as having the ability of say a Vieira for example...and doesnt seem a leader...

No

Was-Bissaka is a great prospect, but for one I doubt Palace would sell and two you don't have two full-backs in the squad with a combined age of 39.

I know you're only raising the question though, Zatman.

Splitting hairs but end of the season Kenny Would be 22 and Bissaka 21...

Hes a big bloke loftus cheek. Seems to be very good at holding up the ball and playing short passes (when he was at palace) as well as making little runs and lay offs...very powerful.

Im not sure what his best position would be...doesnt seem to be a DM...hasnt got the nous to be a typical ball player as an AM...so could do well as one of a pair of box to box CM players ahead of a playmaking DM.

Just cant see him as having the ability of say a Vieira for example...and doesnt seem a leader...

I first saw him play live in an England U21s match in 2015, and while all the pundits were saying he was a holding player, he had so much impact further forward, because of his size and his ability to carry the ball. It was very reminiscent of Barkley when he first came through, but with a bit more stature and presence.

I get your point, but not many do have the ability of a Vieira, do they.

He's good at what you say he's good at - carrying the ball, popping it off and creating space and making late darts into the area.

Splitting hairs but end of the season Kenny Would be 22 and Bissaka 21...

Fairs, I though Wan Bissaka was slightly younger!

He's an outstanding talent but very raw and Coleman is still, despite his iffy start this season, among the top five right-backs in the Premier League. He's only just turning 30, and has another two-three years ahead of him at the top I'd say, injuries permitting.

I first saw him play live in an England U21s match in 2015, and while all the pundits were saying he was a holding player, he had so much impact further forward, because of his size and his ability to carry the ball. It was very reminiscent of Barkley when he first came through, but with a bit more stature and presence.

I get your point, but not many do have the ability of a Vieira, do they.

He's good at what you say he's good at - carrying the ball, popping it off and creating space and making late darts into the area.

If we went with one DM playmaker and had 2 CMs in front then how would you compare him to Doucoure ?

Status
Not open for further replies.