Stick With Umbro?

Should we ditch Umbro after the deal is up?

• Yes

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • No

Votes: 46 44.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that we had gone back to Umbro since we have some history wearing their kits. Does anyone think we'll be going with a different manufacturer after our deal is up with Umbro? Should we go with someone else? I love our new kits and am a big believer in not fixing something if it isn't broken, but I also love Adidas. I'd be interested to see what everyone else thinks.
Le Coq Sportif , the greatest kit in the greatest period of Everton's history.

I'd consider Under Armour. If they are giving spurs £10m this year we should be looking at £12m next year, or £14m - £15m if we make it to Europe.

In terms of the look of the kit, I think the best one in the last ten years has been the first season with Nike. The solid white band on each sleeve was a minimal tweak on an otherwise classic look and I think the overall result was excellent.

zp_baines_6973.jpg
I'd take this season's easily over that one mate. That white sleeve is too big for me ;)

just to echo sentiments, whoever pays the most.

I'd happily have us have le coq sportif or the one beginning with E. Hell even Fila would be fine if they paid us more money to do it.

the question is, would Adidas see us as worth their time to make our kits with both lack of exposure (no europe) and lack of sales (kitbag)

Go to Puma I say...

...I really dislike Umbro - constantly recycled kits, and you normally just have to look at the internation kit to know what ours will look like. I liked the times of LCS - when we had a unique design every year.

As long as the deal is not with Kitbag (or "fanatics" as its now known) I really don't mind. I also don't think we should sign a long term deal, two years maximum. Then we could potentially tie something in with a sponsorship deal for the kit maker, sponsor and stadium name rights.

The only concern with the likes of Nike and Adidas is the price of the kits, they are about £10 more than Umbro for an adult kit and they are not the same as the players kits, if you want them, they are £100. personally I think the kits are expensive as they are, so I hope they don't increase in price.

Also my understanding is that the online shop and the two physical shops in the city are run by Kitbag, so moving away from Kitbag may not be straightforward.

Umbro gave us, Hull and West Ham the same template.

Everyone fell for the "let's put NSNO under the collar" - but they've done the same thing for the other teams but replaced it with something else.

Umbro is a cheap brang and I believe the kits are terrible compared to the Nike ones we had.

If you want to make the club look better globally and sell more kits - go with the upper market brands such as Nike and Adidas ( Adidas have a new business model in which they're only splashing out on one big team per league, ditching Chelsea and spending a fortune on Man utd. Real Madrid in Spain, Juve in Italy - so that rules them out)

Best option would be Nike, then under armour.

Umbro gave us, Hull and West Ham the same template.

Everyone fell for the "let's put NSNO under the collar" - but they've done the same thing for the other teams but replaced it with something else.

Umbro is a cheap brang and I believe the kits are terrible compared to the Nike ones we had.

If you want to make the club look better globally and sell more kits - go with the upper market brands such as Nike and Adidas ( Adidas have a new business model in which they're only splashing out on one big team per league, ditching Chelsea and spending a fortune on Man utd. Real Madrid in Spain, Juve in Italy - so that rules them out)

Best option would be Nike, then under armour.
Not really sure what you mean. We don't have the same kit as Hull or West Ham at all. Our third kit is similar to some other Umbro kits but if you have an issue with that then I'm not sure why you would want Nike...

Camiseta_del_West_Ham_United_primera_equipaci%C3%B3n_2016-2017.jpg
hull-city-1-250x300.jpg

Bxp7RauCcAEbiIG.jpg

roma-16-17-third-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg
man-city-16-17-third-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg
inter-16-17-third-kit-2.jpg
barca-third-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

il_570xN.675300930_6lem.jpg

They did some bits for us a few seasons back, was deffo the best footy related stuff I've seen for years.

I got 1 of those just before we started doing them with our badge on, so then I got this 1
Everton-Sergio-tacchini-Zip-Up-Jacket-Size-S.jpg

I was tempted to get a job in the shop for a couple of weeks at the time just to get a pair of the dallas tracky bottoms* that the staff got.

*The greatest Tracksuit Bottom ever made.

mates of mine that support 'other clubs' that have lets be honest some great reissue stuff from the big brands, have said to me that the ST is fantastic (kopites a bit less forthcoming) but some UTD fans did say that for us to have got stuff made that pretty much defined a generation clothing wise and to have our badge on from that same time when we had ours and the nations greatest team is brilliant. A lot of them collect the stuff & would love to have it with their teams badge on.

So you are disregarding the fact that Nike make actually identical kits for their big teams. Our away kit is similar to Hull's granted but at least there is some variation. And the home kits are very different. I give you Nike again...

2b211e10da5cc5dd82e750d68886aece.jpeg
manchester-city-maglia-ufficiale-2016-17.jpg
psg-16-17-kit%2B%25283%2529.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

No mate I completely agree with you! Although 'd rather we share the same template with Europes elite as I think they look much better - and will certainly boost sales as we did when we released our first Nike kit

Status
Not open for further replies.