So few games, but such an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its weirdd with Beardsley, on eof the best players I have ever seen, yet he rarely makes any Evertonians top 20?

We were so poor mate I think people just want to erase the memory

I remember when we hadn't won away for ages and Beardsley scored the winner against Man City. He stepped up and dragged that crap side through the full season he was here

Well, it’s an international break so here’s an international break thread.

I always think longevity is a factor in being a true Everton great, but there are many who had a significantly positive impact despite not being at the club very long. Using a maximum of 110 league games as criteria, here’s my team from the time I started watching;

1) Andy Rankin (85 games) - sat in Gwladys St when he made that save in the penalty shoot-out against Borussia Monchengladbach. Folklore.
Brought back lots of memories this thread mate. I was below you in the Gwladys Street that night, lived in Wales at the time , got through the tunnel ok but last train home had gone due to the extra time. Eventually got home home middle of night after hitch hiking, but feeling extremely chuffed. Happy days !

Apart from Southall, Kanchelskis was always one of my favourite outfield players but Beardsley was just a joy to watch.

Don't see players like him anymore unfortunately

I loved him , what a player. Was it Wednesday that hat-trick ? Not forgetting The goals at anfield , apart from the title winning XI the best player I’ve seen at Everton I think.

Great thread @Eggs it has evoked so many good memories of decent players who were here all too fleetingly. I was always an admirer of skilful players but some were a little short on graft, Gary Jones and Joe McBride are 2 off the cuff who who never quite had the work rate to match their talent as I recall.
Some great shouts and memories within this thread guys btw.

Great thread @Eggs it has evoked so many good memories of decent players who were here all too fleetingly. I was always an admirer of skilful players but some were a little short on graft, Gary Jones and Joe McBride are 2 off the cuff who who never quite had the work rate to match their talent as I recall.
Some great shouts and memories within this thread guys btw.

...Gary Jones certainly looked quality, LT. Probably another reminder that talent alone isn’t enough.

Broke my heart when he joined Valencia instead of us. Imagine had we had him and Arteta in the same midfield. Add Negredo up top and we would have won a pot im sure.

Same here mate, that goal against Utd summed him up, he was a genuinely classy footballer. He didn’t really push on too much after the move, so it might have been a bit of a bullet dodged but we’ll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.