Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can respect Liverpool as a team without having the guard of honour at the home of a team who absolutely dispises them though
If they had won it at Goodison, everybody leave quickly, our team straight back inside and they have a sad and hollow celebration.

You're not paying respect to the club, you'd be paying respect to the team.

It's traditional in the same way that the pre-match handshakes are there to imply good conduct, fairness and sportsmanship. Those things don't always take place from both sides in Merseyside derbies, but the handshakes always take place.

The handshakes are important because they show mutual respect from the players as professionals. The handshakes aren't forced either. If players choose not to shake hands, they could do, but what sort of message would that send to our fanbase and theirs.

I don't see why you're mentioning violence, violence should never ever come into a game of Football and I'd hope we all agree on that. This is a Football match, it's not war. I've young family members who are red and young family members who are blue, some of whom will be at the derby.

It's a rivalry and passion is important but the likelihood is that there will only be one scouser on the pitch, one actual fan of either side. It's ultimately a game, played by a maximum of 28 professionals, the vast majority of whom have no loyalty or attachment to either club beyond a paid contract of employment.

I don't think it's an issue to show respect to winners. We're not sore losers. And that's precisely how we'll be portrayed if the club were to give it a miss.

I fully expect that Ancelotti and the intelligent people at the club would appreciate that and, if the cards fall in such a way and the scenario raises it's ugly head, it will happen. I'm certain of it.

That's not a good enough reason for us not to do it now.
You’ll find yourself in a huge minority here

Yes let's have ice tea on Stanley park as well and sing for they are jolly good fellows.
You talk bollocks
Less of that

You’ll find yourself in a huge minority here

As per. I’m comfortable with that

In any case, thankfully it’s highly unlikely to be an issue we have to concern ourselves with anymore.

I could be wrong, but I didn't think there was any arranged celebration or presentation at the end of the match when a side wins the League in an away game. Was there a guard of honour or presentation of the trophy when Everton clinched it at Norwich the last time we won it?

They're going through a wobble, pity City gave up in december. They'll win it comfy but at least not invincible, we'd never have heard the last of it, 5 times(6) was bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.