Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its my personal mindset. Its a sport. If you cannot show respect to a winning TEAM, (not club, nor supporters, but team), you really have no right expecting any respect coming your way any time soon.

I remember many years ago when United were awarded the PL trophy at Goodison after their final game. It was sound, and Evertonian, that thousands of Blues stayed behind to respect the best team that season and applaud when they were presented with the trophy.

Reckon that would happen at Anfield? No. Me neither. Thats the difference. Thats what we are.

edit. My memory must be different than Wiki apparently.

You can respect Liverpool as a team without having the guard of honour at the home of a team who absolutely dispises them though

Celtic and Rangers have given each other guards of honour before. As have Barca and Madrid and most other rival teams.

Most recently, as @roydo pointed out, Rangers refused to do it and the reaction was that it made them look quite small time and lacking in class.

Now that's the SPL, magnify that reaction many times over because of the viewership and publicity of the Premier League and we could very quickly lose a lot of credibility as a club.
Ye because everyone loves them - Ha!

You can respect Liverpool as a team without having the guard of honour at the home of a team who absolutely dispises them though

Not on this occasion, you can’t.

We have a choice, well the club do (thankfully)

We either show customary respect or we choose not to, which is a clear sign of disrespect. There is no inbetween.

I don’t think showing that disrespect would be right for the club and would send totally the wrong message.

Well no, of course they weren't. But since when do the collective views of fans amount to what's best for a Football club?

Everton is a club that has been mismanaged for years, I dread to think if every decision was put to fan vote though - we'd have gone bump long ago.

:Blink:

Well, Kieran, this is a “fan forum”.

Ergo it is views of the fans you are being subjected too.

And as you can see, the fans on this forum are dead set against it.

Well, Kieran, this is a “fan forum”.

Ergo it is views of the fans you are being subjected too.

And as you can see, the fans on this forum are dead set against it.

And I think, if this unfortunate scenario transpires to be, the club will make a decision at odds with the wishes of those fans.

We either show customary respect or we choose not to, which is a clear sign of disrespect. There is no inbetween.

I don’t think showing that disrespect would be right for the club and would send totally the wrong message.

A clear sign of disrespect? Good

I would be all over that, infact as a club I would go out of my way to wind them up in any way.
They don't deserve our respect and we don't deserve as fans to be patronised by them beauts by telling us we've done well giving them one

Its not about them. Its about us.

It's about both of us it's about 2 teams who detest each other, as much as id love them to give us one of we ever won it I certainly wouldn't expect them to, and if they did I certainly would respect them anymore I'd do my utmost to wind their fans up about it

It's about both of us it's about 2 teams who detest each other, as much as id love them to give us one of we ever won it I certainly wouldn't expect them to, and if they did I certainly would respect them anymore I'd do my utmost to wind their fans up about it

Fair enough. Like I said, its a personal mindset.

I think as a club we have cherished values. And I for one would not want to prostitute those values because of that vacant entity across the park.

You feel thats a deal worth doing. I dont.

Fair enough. Like I said, its a personal mindset.

I think as a club we have cherished values. And I for one would not want to prostitute those values because of that vacant entity across the park.

You feel thats a deal worth doing. I dont.

What values involves bowing down to them?

i get what you are trying to say but we shouldnt care about what they think of us

We have 2 outcomes we tell them to pee off and we are labelled a pathetic bitter club or we let them do it and we are still a pathetic club but now they have that on us aswell we just let them do it

They hate us anyway so at least let us keep our dignity in the mean time

I'd rather the club send out an official Facebook or twitter message congratulating them on their great season.

The players can shake hands and chat in the tunnel or after the game.

Any blues who want to show extra respect can join them on their victory parade.

Giving them a guard of honour that is historically for military service men is bit much for me. Its a game of football, they don't deserve this level of honor. They get enough plaudits, they'll probably all get knighthoods. It will be Sir Jurgen Klopp in 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.