2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah because yesterday we saw a noticeable drop off when Dominic Calvert-Lewin was replaced by Maupay.

We got put under a fair bit of pressure by Arsenal because we lost that aerial threat I thought.
Yes. We won so it was the right decision. But we needed a like for like option off the bench.

A few things stood out for me yesterday, the first one was, for the first time this season, we looked like a big physical side. For such a big team, we have been bullied a lot this season, there was nobody bullying that gang yesterday. Another, very encouraging aspect of our play yesterday was the number of times our midfielders went bombing past Calvert Lewin into the space just outside the oppositions box. The number of times we had four and five players in the box waiting for a cut back or cross from the wide player,without losing our shape and being cut open when we lost possession was also very promising.

Early days yet, but, at least we looked like a well drilled team with a bit of organisation about us.

Alan Shearer highlighted the tactical switch, and the positive effect it had when Iwobi and McNeil swapped sides. Frank probably would have left it as it was. There were so many positives yesterday, one of which is how much happier we all are on here.

For now, anyway, there's bound to be at least one miserable git, there always is :coffee:

They’ve always been a bunch of cry arses … manager included tbh
I moved into a new flat on Thursday. The feller in the bedroom next mine has a red Emirates Stadium sign on his door. When I spoke to him on Thursday I told him I was an Evertonian and a big grin spread over his fat face. It was pretty obvious to me it was a "You're gonna get stuffed on Saturday" grin.

I haven't seen him since. I think he stays with his girlfriend sometimes. When he comes back he'll find his neighbour now has a Goodison Park sign on his door.

Be great to get a result at the pit, but these 2 games were a free hit for Dyche. A point from the 2 games would have been ok, so he’s already ahead of expectations.

The acid test is Leeds, Villa, Forest, Brentford, 3 of which are at home. After those 4 games, we might know our fate, one way or the other.
Those four games are absolutely crucial. It's so gutting that we made an utter pigs ear out of the Wolves, Brighton, Southampton, West Ham run of games. That was another glorious opportunity spurned. Hopefully, we're better placed for this next run of potentially winnable games.

I see all the Arsenal fans are crying about losing to Dyche’s ‘Anti-Football’

Call me biased, but we were much the more entertaining side yesterday surely?

Bitter cockney biffs
Let them moan. It was football, something we've had close to nothing of for months..

Genuine fans know their side would do the same in our position. You do what it takes. And it was very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.