2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think you're right. But for either to make ultimate sense we had to deepen the squad's options up front. We are going to suffer burn out up there over the next 17 games.

I said yesterday that Dyche has got to be thinking of adapting a player or two to step in when Calvert-Lewin or even Simms aren't available. Who that is I dont know. Maybe Onana has the physicality and athleticism to perform there on occasion as a target man and get Maupay up close to him.

We'll need someone that's for sure.
I know what you're saying but Gray and Sharp didn't suffer burnout til Wembley.

CA4B5F8B-82B3-474C-BA5A-CA568A1E1522.jpeg

Yes, I think you're right. But for either to make ultimate sense we had to deepen the squad's options up front. We are going to suffer burn out up there over the next 17 games.

I said yesterday that Dyche has got to be thinking of adapting a player or two to step in when Calvert-Lewin or even Simms aren't available. Who that is I dont know. Maybe Onana has the physicality and athleticism to perform there on occasion as a target man and get Maupay up close to him.

We'll need someone that's for sure.

Michael Keane isn't it @Nymzee

Be great to get a result at the pit, but these 2 games were a free hit for Dyche. A point from the 2 games would have been ok, so he’s already ahead of expectations.

The acid test is Leeds, Villa, Forest, Brentford, 3 of which are at home. After those 4 games, we might know our fate, one way or the other.
Get your point but we can no longer afford free hits. We have proven we can beat anybody yesterday. To stay up I think we will need at least one more victory over a Sky 6 club. The RS next week and home to Spurs being the best opportunities

One thing he's mentioned a few times now is condensing a 5 week pre season into a week. He's talking about physical and mental fitness. It's a real dig at Lampard and his staff because he keeps saying "no offense to the previous coach and his staff" and then repeats about cramming in a lot of physical work.

Doesn't reflect well at all on the previous regime. It was something levelled at Martinez that he wasn't tough enough. I remember Koeman saying the team were only 60% ready to start a season.

I got a sense when Dyche mentioned "they'd be back at work Monday" he was referring to lots and lots of physical work again as he doesn't believe they're as fit as they should be.

The key was actual organisation and structure.

We pressed under Lampard but the press was devoid of any structure so it was just ineffective and we left gaping holes all over the place.

It’s not as if the team have suddenly got fitter in a few days under Dyche. If you have a shape to fall back into, know your pressing triggers and aren’t just running aimlessly back and forth our players won’t be gassed before half time because they’re spending every second chasing the game and trying to get back into position.

The running stats from yesterday are good to see but it’d be reductive to say the players were just “trying harder”.

They are trying much harder and this is the minimum we expect from them. Pressing, high press and team press is a very demanding game that requires lots of running, not only from the point man but the entire team behind needs to constantly run and anticipate passing options.

The players simply switch off under Lampard. Team press was horrendous, point man jogs forward and everyone behind not even arse to anticipate and close down passing options. Double team was non existent and even poor bottom half teams find it easy to play against us.

One thing he's mentioned a few times now is condensing a 5 week pre season into a week. He's talking about physical and mental fitness. It's a real dig at Lampard and his staff because he keeps saying "no offense to the previous coach and his staff" and then repeats about cramming in a lot of physical work.

Doesn't reflect well at all on the previous regime. It was something levelled at Martinez that he wasn't tough enough. I remember Koeman saying the team were only 60% ready to start a season.

I got a sense when Dyche mentioned "they'd be back at work Monday" he was referring to lots and lots of physical work again as he doesn't believe they're as fit as they should be.
I’ve been saying they are not fit for high energy game for as long as I can remember. Any manager that comes in and address this will be successful in the long term. The players would prefer not to run at such tempo if given a choice, the manager must set the culture and enforce it without negotiation.

A few things stood out for me yesterday, the first one was, for the first time this season, we looked like a big physical side. For such a big team, we have been bullied a lot this season, there was nobody bullying that gang yesterday. Another, very encouraging aspect of our play yesterday was the number of times our midfielders went bombing past Calvert Lewin into the space just outside the oppositions box. The number of times we had four and five players in the box waiting for a cut back or cross from the wide player,without losing our shape and being cut open when we lost possession was also very promising.

Early days yet, but, at least we looked like a well drilled team with a bit of organisation about us.

Really reminds me of the slightly cringey kids at school who are actually really nice people lol
Schools not good for nice kids by
Never thought I would say this and maybe it's testament to how much this club has absolutely destroyed me mentally...

But honestly feeling today like I would have rather seen us go down and rebuild with Bielsa than survive by the skin of our teeth with Dyche.

It's daft and I probably won't feel the same in a weeks time, but seeing the news break today I felt sick to my stomach.

I've seen people comparing it to Allardyce, which you have to say worked to an extent. It's not the same. Allardyce was only ever a temporary solution. This is now Everton for the foreseeable future imo.

Serious question, what do you think Burnley fans have found more enjoyable? Kompany building a what looks like a proper modern football team this season and dominating the championship, or being the laughing stock of the premier league for years and years under this dinosaur. Under Dyche they were THAT team where u genuinely wonder if staying in the prem was even worth it for the fans.
lets see how kompany does in premier league.
Plenty of managers bring teams up and take them straight back down

He also said that he admired the team for admitting they let the last manager down.

Status
Not open for further replies.