2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he was a few tweaks from sorting us. You disagreed. He did what he said he'd do. All with the same squad of players. Obviously he tweaked they existing system. Hardly off my head.

Regulars under lamps.
Pickford
Tarks
Coady
Myko
Coleman
Iwobi
Onana
Dominic Calvert-Lewin when fit

Tweaks were gray and doucs. Players in that fit his system.

What do you want mate? I'm half cut, buzzing, about to decide if I go the pub in an hour or a bit later, I've got some new aftershave and I'm in a really happy mood. I said a month, give it a month. And trust me, I want you to be right in a month. Now pour yourself a drink and lap it up because we are staying up.

It might just be the new manager bounce, and its only one game so don't want to get carried away, but I feel the performance today raises questions of wjat was going on behind the scenes under Lampard. Doucs gets his 2nd start of the season and put in a good shift, whereas under Lamps he sat on the ball during warm up. McNeil had a solid game but was a complete waste of a purchase up until now. Everyone seemed lifted but those 2 were standouts for me, from what they were to who they are now. With Lamps as well, he would only go with 2 formations and wouldn't change our style. Did the players get fed up with up and his methods, costing us games?

What do you want mate? I'm half cut, buzzing, about to decide if I go the pub in an hour or a bit later, I've got some new aftershave and I'm in a really happy mood. I said a month, give it a month. And trust me, I want you to be right in a month. Now pour yourself a drink and lap it up because we are staying up.
Im fully cut and I almost dont care what happens after this.

Just hope we can keep it going and it’s not just a temporary new manager bounce
Agree but the one thing that gives me hope that we can sustain it is that he seems to be keeping it simple and back to basics. I think that's the way out of any bad situation, stick to what you know and what you're good at. The players need to get fitter though, blowing around 60 mins today but I'm sure Dyche is aware of that

….organised, absolutely no surprise he changed that central midfield axis & not in the least surprised it was Doucoure for Iwobi.

It was poor that we continued with a selection that clearly didn’t work.
It’s about energy level today and it won us the game more than anything else.

Great energy and make it simple going forward with direct passing and stop asking the players to pass around 50 times trying to find gaps that they aren’t capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.