2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is something that will become glaringly obvious in the next few weeks. We all liked lampard, but he’s a crap manager. I seen more energy from dyche on the touchline yesterday in the first 10 mins than I have seen from lampard in months.
Lampard had a privileged career, starting with being managed by his uncle and then moving to a club that buys talented players just to stop others having them. It wouldn’t be a surprise if he really believes it’s all about the talent of those players, rather than structure, training, and the organisation of the manager. Nice enough chap but a long way from being a premiership manager.

It's all very strange.

There we were, concerned about Bielsa coming in and it being too much of a shock to the players to play with such high intensity / effort.

In comes the trojan Dyche and does exactly that in his first game.

The two manager candidates are starting to make a bit more sense to me now.

I think the plan was a hard-working, high intensity manager, all along.
Yes, I think you're right. But for either to make ultimate sense we had to deepen the squad's options up front. We are going to suffer burn out up there over the next 17 games.

I said yesterday that Dyche has got to be thinking of adapting a player or two to step in when Calvert-Lewin or even Simms aren't available. Who that is I dont know. Maybe Onana has the physicality and athleticism to perform there on occasion as a target man and get Maupay up close to him.

We'll need someone that's for sure.

Zero fans there though I'll be shocked if the result had been the same in normal circumstances.

I'm hopeful of a win but thats based on more them looking shot at the moment but a derby game means they'll be up for it and will likely be at usual levels compared to what they've seen against Wolves and Brighton.

A draw would be a solid result.
We can out power these in midfield. Hopefully this is the start of us realising our potential from corners. This will be our main source of goals

Personally wasn't, Moyes games at 1:0 was squeaky bum time and 11 in the box. Moved as a unit and overall more coordinated, but yeah, never looked consistently threatening.

Know what you mean, but some days we'd turn up to the ground under Moyes to play Arsenal, United, Chelsea and you just knew about 30 seconds in that we weren't losing. Had that feeling yesterday

Yes, I think you're right. But for either to make ultimate sense we had to deepen the squad's options up front. We are going to suffer burn out up there over the next 17 games.

I sai yesterday that Dyche has got to be thinking of adapting a player or two to step in when Calvert-Lewin or even Simms aren't available. Who that is I dont know. Maybe Onana has the physicality and athleticism to perform there on occasion as a target man and get Maupay up close to him.

Agree on the lack of depth but worth noting we are PL only to concentrate on. Averages out at about a game a week. We have just come off a 2 week break and we get another break after the Villa game. Some of our rivals went deep in the league cup, still in the FA cup and in West Ham’s case still in Europe

Biggest compliment I can pay him, is that it felt so much like a Moyes game yesterday where you knew from minute one we were getting a result

Absolutely.

The appointment itself seems like the best fit since back then. I think Dyche is the right man for us in this moment, and we're the right club for him too.

Agree on the lack of depth but worth noting we are PL only to concentrate on. Averages out at about a game a week. We have just come off a 2 week break and we get another break after the Villa game. Some of our rivals went deep in the league cup, still in the FA cup and in West Ham’s case still in Europe
Yes, that's been a big help this season. For us we're ok for cover everywhere apart from a target man. It all rests on Calvert-Lewin. It was a criminal negelction of duty by this club to leave a new manager with a weakened squad for the remainder of the season. I hope I'm wrong, but I think it might come back to haunt us.

Yes, that's been a big help this season. For us we're ok for cover everywhere apart from a target man. It all rests on Calvert-Lewin. It was a criminal negelction of duty by this club to leave a new manager with a weakened squad for the remainder of the season. I hope I'm wrong, but I think it might come back to haunt us.

I hope you are wrong Dave.

The key was actual organisation and structure.

We pressed under Lampard but the press was devoid of any structure so it was just ineffective and we left gaping holes all over the place.

It’s not as if the team have suddenly got fitter in a few days under Dyche. If you have a shape to fall back into, know your pressing triggers and aren’t just running aimlessly back and forth our players won’t be gassed before half time because they’re spending every second chasing the game and trying to get back into position.

The running stats from yesterday are good to see but it’d be reductive to say the players were just “trying harder”.

I said yesterday that Dyche has got to be thinking of adapting a player or two to step in when Calvert-Lewin or even Simms aren't available. Who that is I dont know. Maybe Onana has the physicality and athleticism to perform there on occasion as a target man and get Maupay up close to him.

Yeah because yesterday we saw a noticeable drop off when DCL was replaced by Maupay.

We got put under a fair bit of pressure by Arsenal because we lost that aerial threat I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.