2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was refreshing to see how many times we got the ball into the box. That's Everton football

Was also refreshing to see goal kicks going over the half way line and not having to see our centre backs “split” and stand on the corner of the six yard box leading the opposition to camp in our half, and then futilely attempt to “play through them” before Pickford just hoofs it into touch under pressure.

I don’t want to see an Everton manager ever again try to get us to play out from the back, it will never work. The players can’t do it and the fans don’t want to see it.

I can’t fathom how Lampard wasn’t sacked after Brighton. Yeah of course realistically the ideal time to sack him was after Bournemouth, but Brighton was the night it descended fully into chaos and confirmed there was absolutely no way it could be turned around. Him surviving that game was the equivalent of Benitez surviving the derby last season, the actions of an out of touch owner that just has absolutely no grip on reality and doesn’t understand what’s unfolding in front of him. To still think it could be salvaged after that game is just criminal negligence and incompetence on a nuclear scale from the most dangerous owner in the country.
The problem, I think, is that Moshiri is learning the wrong lessons.

We’ve burned through managers too quickly, and we’ve done that because the football side of the business is totally amateurish. We have no coherent strategy. We’ve not sacked so many managers because we’ve had consistently terrible managers, but because they can’t work with the Frankenstein squad.

Instead of properly understanding the underlying cause of successive managerial failures, Moshiri has just looked at the surface-level symptom of sacking too many managers and decided he wasn’t going to do that. Almost irrespective of how badly Lampard was doing.

It’s a totally mad approach - and one he had to abandon anyway as it became untenable.

He doesn’t have the capacity to make decisions on behalf of Everton.

Was also refreshing to see goal kicks going over the half way line and not having to see our centre backs “split” and stand on the corner of the six yard box leading the opposition to camp in our half, and then futilely attempt to “play through them” before Pickford just hoofs it into touch under pressure.

I don’t want to see an Everton manager ever again try to get us to play out from the back, it will never work. The players can’t do it and the fans don’t want to see it.
Plenty will still insist Rofraudo is the best man to replace Lampard tho. Absolute mental.

It's occured to me that the big difference between Dyche and our recent permanent managers is that Dyche is really pumped to have the Everton job, I believe that Lampard, Benitez, Ancelotti etc. felt that they were doing us a favour by coming here, whereas for Dyche, this is the pinnacle of his career. It's going to be interesting to see how all this plays out. Can he really convince our players to give him that level of commitment and discipline week in week out?

Funny you should say that cos last 10 mins yesterday I felt relatively comfortable when usually my anxiety levels are through the roof when we’re trying to hold a 1-0 lead.
Yeah I'm sure I saw a stat that we were 2nd in the table of losing after being in winning positions.
That is catastrophic !!
And we might of only played one game with Dyche, but not a chance in hell would we be anywhere near that position if those games were under him.

You've got to mix it up. All the best teams do it. It's about decision making. Go short sometimes, go long sometimes, but it's got to be at the right time.

Yeah I'm sure I saw a stat that we were 2nd in the table of losing after being in winning positions.
That is catastrophic !!
And we might of only played one game with Dyche, but not a chance in hell would we be anywhere near that position if those games were under him.
I’m not surprised with that to be honest. We’ve took the lead in 3 home games this season, Man U, wolves and Southampton and went on to lose them all. The concerning thing about those games was that when we took the lead we didn’t know what to do cos we’d got a goal, were as yesterday there was a clear plan to keep doing what we’d been doing despite us taking the lead.

He lives in Nottingham (apparently and in no way am I stalking Dyche)
My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I
Got out of bed at all
This dodgy link clogs up my Windows
And we can't score at all
And even if we could, it's Demarai Gray
But your picture on my wall
It reminds me, the Champo's not so bad
It's not so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.