2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true, but we are 4th worst for expected goals against
Interesting, I wonder how much of that is 3 of the 8 matches have been against teams in the top 4 in xG, and several of the others being mid-table scoring teams? And how much of that is some of our defenders just giving absolute gifts...

Blimey, the last 36 hours of this thread is hard going!

I'm very surprised that people (mainly one person, predictably) are actually giving Dyche a hard time.

I'll put my cards on the table, I was gutted when we signed Dyche up but he has surprised me greatly, not by his style of play but with his ability to get results and commitment from this group of players. I was wrong, and if we keep playing as we're playing we have every chance of staying up when I was certain we would be relegated.

Keep doing what you're doing, Sean!

Also get the sense that he doesn't care for "bigger" jobs to come, he wants to do his best here to get Everton as high as possible and kick on, not leave. That was a fatal flaw of Koeman especially but also you'd feel it with Moyes, Martinez, Silva and Ancelotti too, Everton was merely a stepping stone. I would say the only job that would tempt him out of Everton that he'd get would probably be England.

Think he's most certainly with us for the long haul which might finally bring some stability to this club.
Koeman certainly, and obviously Carlo but I think the others saw it as a massive job and wanted to do well long term. I do agree Dyche will see this as a legacy job, as much of a basket case as we are now in 2 years we could have new owners and one of the best stadiums in Europe. Hopefully kenwright will have hit beach by then an all

Koeman certainly, and obviously Carlo but I think the others saw it as a massive job and wanted to do well long term. I do agree Dyche will see this as a legacy job, as much of a basket case as we are now in 2 years we could have new owners and one of the best stadiums in Europe. Hopefully kenwright will have hit beach by then an all
Personally I think Carlo would have been happy to stay had it not been Madrid. (And partly if our club wasn’t such a basketcase).

It's one person and lbh that individual complains about every player and every manager apart from Iwobi. We just need results at the moment to keep us in the league. For me 'style of play' comes much further down the line when we have something resembling a semi balanced squad with some reasonable ability within it.
This 100%!
I struggle to believe that people still “engage” with anything that particular person posts. He’s nearly as big a wind up merchant as @4737carlin was during Benitez’s shockingly bad time here, and still is everyday in the Kenwright thread!

Blimey, the last 36 hours of this thread is hard going!

I'm very surprised that people (mainly one person, predictably) are actually giving Dyche a hard time.

I'll put my cards on the table, I was gutted when we signed Dyche up but he has surprised me greatly, not by his style of play but with his ability to get results and commitment from this group of players. I was wrong, and if we keep playing as we're playing we have every chance of staying up when I was certain we would be relegated.

Keep doing what you're doing, Sean!
I already thought we were relegated and that dyche wouldn't be able to change anything. We aren't out the woods yet but I now have some faith in us to get out of this, that's thanks to him.

This 100%!
I struggle to believe that people still “engage” with anything that particular person posts. He’s nearly as big a wind up merchant as @4737carlin was during Benitez’s shockingly bad time here, and still is everyday in the Kenwright thread!

no mate just no, you've crossed the line there, Carlin or (Jenny) is out on his/ her own in the wind up business. Anyone who actually thinks Kenwright is still doing a good job and was a good owner needs their head testing and I think it's far too late to test Carlins head as everyone knows it's empty or inflatable. Don't get me wrong I'm far from clever, but everybody has a right to be stupid..but Carlin just abuses it.

Also get the sense that he doesn't care for "bigger" jobs to come, he wants to do his best here to get Everton as high as possible and kick on, not leave. That was a fatal flaw of Koeman especially but also you'd feel it with Moyes, Martinez, Silva and Ancelotti too, Everton was merely a stepping stone. I would say the only job that would tempt him out of Everton that he'd get would probably be England.

Think he's most certainly with us for the long haul which might finally bring some stability to this club.
Because of the box people put him in this is likely the biggest job he can get unless England decide to appoint him in a few years time and I don't think they will. He will want to prove to the world that Burnley wasn't a fluke and he can rebuild a club that everyone else has decided is cursed. And with the stadium coming in and our FFP debacle lessening a bit and new investment on the horizon, he will think he can at the very least get us back to where we were under David Moyes. I am trying not to gush about him too much but he might be one of the most important signings we've made since Moshiri came in.

That's true, but we are 4th worst for expected goals against
Given away too many penalties + some horrific lapses but at least we're beating most teams on xG. Look at the performance in the Leeds and Villa games for how much we can dominate teams on occasion. Villa had almost nothing before that pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.