2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
His results speak for themselves really. 8 games in.

4 of them against so called sky 6 teams.
WDLL.
2 against comfortable mid table.
WL
2 against relegation candidates.
WD.

6 of his 8 games have been against teams in the top half. (I include Villa in that due to it essentially being a top 11 and bottom 9 now).

That’s a tough start for any manager, let alone from the position we were in. After 10 games, he will have played 6 games against the ‘sky 6’.

Anyone not happy with how it’s going needs to do one.
The upcoming fixtures don't get much easier either, hence the fact that (according to Opta anyway) our relegation % is still somewhere in the 40's.

Need some big, big performances in April.

They were quick to rule him out because he is unfashionable and I’m not sure they realised just how much of a feat it was to keep a club of Burnley’s size in the leagues. For example I reckon Forest can’t be far off spending in one season of the PL, the spending of Burnley over the years they were in the top flight…..thats how small Burnley’s budget was. He always impressed me whilst in charge of Burnley and I’m happy we have him. I think he’s a perfect fit for where we are
I think we were lucky to get him, especially this season if we hadn’t nabbed him some of the other clubs in trouble who have sacked their managers recently would have welcomed him with open arms, Not safe yet but if Lampard had stayed we would have been in a lot worse state than we are.

When Frank was sacked less than 2 months ago we were firmly ensconced in the bottom 3 and it was only goal difference that was keeping us above the bottom placed team.

Who'd have thought that by 20th March, after having played the RS away and Arsenal twice and Chelsea away, that we would be in 15th place and just one point off 12th?

It's a testament to the 'never say die' attitude of our fans and the brilliance of our new manager, as well as the effort and exertion of our players. Let's not forget that we don't currently have a proven Premier League striker in our entire squad; to go to Stamford Bridge and score two goals with no striker really is no mean feat.

I think we were lucky to get him, especially this season if we hadn’t nabbed him some of the other clubs in trouble who have sacked their managers recently would have welcomed him with open arms, Not safe yet but if Lampard had stayed we would have been in a lot worse state than we are.
I’ve no hatred for Lampard and probably wanted him gone a little later than some but I think it’s fairly apparent that if he hasn’t gone we’d be that team that’s adrift at the bottom .

I was hardly banging the drum for dyche bur again not as negative as many and I’ve been pleasantly surprised . Sam always spoke about never being given a chance at a big club and it annoyed game that when he got this chance he squandered it more concerned with his big pay off . I’m hoping Dyche sees us as his big chance.

The upcoming fixtures don't get much easier either, hence the fact that (according to Opta anyway) our relegation % is still somewhere in the 40's.

Need some big, big performances in April.
No easy games really though. But if we can get results against the likes of palace, Leicester, wolves and Bournemouth (which his results so far indicate a trend that we should) as well as getting another win and draw elsewhere, we should be safe by a clear margin.

Last season I’d have banked on us losing to the teams around us, now im much more confident we can get those results.

Dyche could be playing a combination blend of Dutch total football, Spanish tiki taka, and 1970s Brazilian flair, and his football still wouldn’t be accepted by some on here.

They’ve been told by sky what box Sean Dyche belongs in and nothing they can see with their own eyes will ever change that.
They'd rather we played nice football in League One!

That goes without saying.

Dyche has done astonishingly well.

In late January the pundits had us relegated, never to be heard about again.

Dyche could be playing a combination blend of Dutch total football, Spanish tiki taka, and 1970s Brazilian flair, and his football still wouldn’t be accepted by some on here.

They’ve been told by sky what box Sean Dyche belongs in and nothing they can see with their own eyes will ever change that.
It's one person and lbh that individual complains about every player and every manager apart from Iwobi. We just need results at the moment to keep us in the league. For me 'style of play' comes much further down the line when we have something resembling a semi balanced squad with some reasonable ability within it.

I think he has done brilliantly since he has come in. He has organised a group of average players that has now become a team. He has been working on the fragile mentality. We are now playing as a unit and has recognised the weakness up front by pushing Doucoure further up and getting Dwight McNeil to get more crosses in. More direct, getting more people in the box, upped the shot count, upped the corner count and made our set pieces very dangerous and fruitful. We really cannot ask anymore. We are much better under Dyche and now have a real chance of staying up because the players are growing strong mentally and sticking to simple instructions. They now know what there job is and it is showing.

Spurs are there for the taking on 3rd April.

Goodison under the lights can be a very special place. We as fans really must help make it a fortress as we did towards the end of last season.

Either way, I didn't think for a million years that we'd get out of the bottom 3 when Dyche took over at the start of last month. Now we're just a point off 12th.

When Dyche came in we were on just 15 points. The guy is a genius and if he keeps up this squad he will go down in Everton folklore, whether he has great success with us in future seasons or not.

Everyone keeps saying that no team has been cut adrift yet. In my opinion, if Lampard had stayed in charge, we would have been the team cut adrift. I liked Lampard and wanted him to succeed, but, he was totally out of his depth and the performances were, for the most part, flat. I don't kno how he has managed it but Dyche has turned a team of disinterested looking slackers into a team that gets right in their opponents faces and battles them toe to toe.

Everyone keeps saying that no team has been cut adrift yet. In my opinion, if Lampard had stayed in charge, we would have been the team cut adrift. I liked Lampard and wanted him to succeed, but, he was totally out of his depth and the performances were, for the most part, flat. I don't kno how he has managed it but Dyche has turned a team of disinterested looking slackers into a team that gets right in their opponents faces and battles them toe to toe.
He has picked his tactic and he has picked his 11 and he is sticking with it until the season finishes (bar injuries) Lampards problem was he kept chopping and changing from game to game which means its hard for the players to know what their role is as it changes constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.