2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche could be playing a combination blend of Dutch total football, Spanish tiki taka, and 1970s Brazilian flair, and his football still wouldn’t be accepted by some on here.

They’ve been told by sky what box Sean Dyche belongs in and nothing they can see with their own eyes will ever change that.
I mean look at how many people call it "Brexitball" and all that nonsense, despite the fact that we're playing a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 most weeks and we don't even lump it because there's no one up top. Even all that aside as well I think most of us love, or at least should love, this kind of football. Suits the squad, gets us stuck in and gets the fans more up for it too.

We'll have games like Arsenal where we get battered but that's down to sheer quality of player more than anything. I don't understand anyone who watches this Sean Dyche team and isn't satisfied given some of the slop we've been served up in the past 2 decades. A ruthlessly effective manager getting the absolute last drop out of this bunch, you'd swear we went back to Allardyce going 5 games without a shot on target or whatever that record was.

Hilarious that if we actually had a centre forward from when Dyche came in we'd be blowing some teams away, we clearly create the chances now, where we didn't before. Again, anyone with eyes and without bias can see the improvement and what a good job Dyche has done so far, playing exactly the type of football we'd love.

I’m all for good football, and when it comes off it can be brilliant, but occasionally even the likes of city passing it around for eons at the back can send me to sleep and it’s not something I want to see an Everton side doing.

I am very pleasantly surprised with how Dyche is setting us up and how we are playing and he had given us more than a fighting chance of survival - let him gut this squad and rebuild, whatever happens.

I mean look at how many people call it "Brexitball" and all that nonsense, despite the fact that we're playing a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 most weeks and we don't even lump it because there's no one up top. Even all that aside as well I think most of us love, or at least should love, this kind of football. Suits the squad, gets us stuck in and gets the fans more up for it too.

We'll have games like Arsenal where we get battered but that's down to sheer quality of player more than anything. I don't understand anyone who watches this Sean Dyche team and isn't satisfied given some of the slop we've been served up in the past 2 decades. A ruthlessly effective manager getting the absolute last drop out of this bunch, you'd swear we went back to Allardyce going 5 games without a shot on target or whatever that record was.

Hilarious that if we actually had a centre forward from when Dyche came in we'd be blowing some teams away, we clearly create the chances now, where we didn't before. Again, anyone with eyes and without bias can see the improvement and what a good job Dyche has done so far, playing exactly the type of football we'd love.

There’s zero comparison between Dyche’s football and Allardyce’s, absolutely zero. Like you said there were games we didn’t even have a shot under Allardyce and he had a whole array of expensive players at his disposal. We’ve carried a threat under Dyche every single game and it’s been from open play as well as set pieces. He’s maximising the strength of every player we have to be effective.

It’s ironic when you consider that one of the biggest proponents of long balls to a big man is Thomas Frank, a favourite of some on here, some were even suggesting we should copy the goalkick to a big man flick on routine they scored from. One of the teams who do the most aimless crossing in the league is Liverpool, their whole game is either a direct counter attack or more often than not now playing it outwide for the fullback to lash into the box as many times as possible. City and Liverpool both score more goals from a keeper lashing it down the pitch to their striker than anyone else.

Yet this doesn’t bother people because the media don’t label this direct football whereas Dyche gets labelled with this even though he’s hardly doing any of these things. Coleman and Myko are barely crossing the ball, we’re not going long to Gray at all in open play or goal kicks, and we certainly don’t build our attacks from a big man holding it up.

It just reminds me of when we were playing our best stuff under Moyes, Arteta Pienaar Osman Cahill Yakubu Baines, barely a bloke over 6ft in there, lovely interplay between midfield schemers to open teams up. Yet all you’d hear from fans is how Everton were a direct long ball team, very physical, and Baines was a threat from set pieces. Just lazy lazy coverage especially as half the time that team was getting undone by some massive grock Chelsea or Liverpool team playing long ball all game and scoring set pieces on us.

There’s zero comparison between Dyche’s football and Allardyce’s, absolutely zero. Like you said there were games we didn’t even have a shot under Allardyce and he had a whole array of expensive players at his disposal. We’ve carried a threat under Dyche every single game and it’s been from open play as well as set pieces. He’s maximising the strength of every player we have to be effective.

It’s ironic when you consider that one of the biggest proponents of long balls to a big man is Thomas Frank, a favourite of some on here, some were even suggesting we should copy the goalkick to a big man flick on routine they scored from. One of the teams who do the most aimless crossing in the league is Liverpool, their whole game is either a direct counter attack or more often than not now playing it outwide for the fullback to lash into the box as many times as possible. City and Liverpool both score more goals from a keeper lashing it down the pitch to their striker than anyone else.

Yet this doesn’t bother people because the media don’t label this direct football whereas Dyche gets labelled with this even though he’s hardly doing any of these things. Coleman and Myko are barely crossing the ball, we’re not going long to Gray at all in open play or goal kicks, and we certainly don’t build our attacks from a big man holding it up.

It just reminds me of when we were playing our best stuff under Moyes, Arteta Pienaar Osman Cahill Yakubu Baines, barely a bloke over 6ft in there, lovely interplay between midfield schemers to open teams up. Yet all you’d hear from fans is how Everton were a direct long ball team, very physical, and Baines was a threat from set pieces. Just lazy lazy coverage.
It's all just media narrative really. They'd hate to give credit to Dyche as a manager without it being some backhanded compliment as if he's some football dinosaur. If anyone has actually heard him speak on tactics or just in general you can see what an intelligent, insightful and articulate man he is. Was chatting to someone the other week and they thought I was mad to act like he was a "footballing" manager, classic case of a book being judged by it's cover and quite frankly I'm rather happy about it because some of the more "fashionable" teams that have sacked managers absolutely missed a trick in not getting him in earlier than us.

I would say out of all the managers that have been sacked and replaced this season only ourselves and Villa with Emery have gotten huge upgrades, everyone else has swapped managers for slight upgrades, or even downgrades in the case of Southampton and most likely Palace along with Leicester and West Ham when they inevitably sack their managers too.

Huge difference between long ball and direct. Dyche is getting us to play direct. To me, that is positive, front facing football with no fannying on.
Klopps original style of "Heavy metal football" was about as direct as it gets and it got praises from all corners of the football world. It was fast paced, get it out wide to the fullbacks who get forward and get it into the Salah/Mane/Firmino, the midfield were just there to recycle the ball back to the forwards. He is just an unfashionable name sadly, he is going to need to prove people wrong which if the club back him I think he will tbh.

Everyone keeps saying that no team has been cut adrift yet. In my opinion, if Lampard had stayed in charge, we would have been the team cut adrift. I liked Lampard and wanted him to succeed, but, he was totally out of his depth and the performances were, for the most part, flat. I don't kno how he has managed it but Dyche has turned a team of disinterested looking slackers into a team that gets right in their opponents faces and battles them toe to toe.
Yeah just think back to that highlighted picture of Doucs sitting on the ball...
He's now scored 2 - assisted 2 and run his bloody ass off...

It just reminds me of when we were playing our best stuff under Moyes, Arteta Pienaar Osman Cahill Yakubu Baines, barely a bloke over 6ft in there, lovely interplay between midfield schemers to open teams up. Yet all you’d hear from fans is how Everton were a direct long ball team, very physical, and Baines was a threat from set pieces. Just lazy lazy coverage especially as half the time that team was getting undone by some massive grock Chelsea or Liverpool team playing long ball all game and scoring set pieces on us.
Thomas Frank learnt quickly that it’s best to play football in the opponents half and Brentford have a good mix to their game. I see a little bit of that with ourselves we are being more direct but we are playing some football too although we require a bit of honing. But better personnel would go a long way to improving our style.

Yeah just think back to that highlighted picture of Doucs sitting on the ball...
He's now scored 2 - assisted 2 and run his bloody ass off...
Dyche is getting a lot out of him, like the way lampard did with Iwobi which Dyche isn’t managing.

And it’s all well and good running his bloody ass off now, but if the club/the fans matters that much to him, he should have been doing that the whole time, they all should have.

Dyche is getting a lot out of him, like the way lampard did with Iwobi which Dyche isn’t managing.

And it’s all well and good running his bloody ass off now, but if the club/the fans matters that much to him, he should have been doing that the whole time, they all should have.
Sadly that is the era of 'top flight' football we now live in. Players are bigger than managers, Players are bigger than clubs, Players deserve/expect the world.
when that is put to question, Players Sulk, Players down tools and players look for greener pastures.. Whilst happily collecting there 'well deserved' astronomical paycheck...

'The Beautiful Game' was a soundbite that caught on. It also ignored aspects such as great tackles, hard fought duels and sheer graft. Important and exciting aspects of the game. It is a soundbite that far from captures what a real game of football is. You are right, if we had a firing CF with this lot we would be much higher up the table already. He is doing a great job.

I’ve no hatred for Lampard and probably wanted him gone a little later than some but I think it’s fairly apparent that if he hasn’t gone we’d be that team that’s adrift at the bottom .

I was hardly banging the drum for dyche bur again not as negative as many and I’ve been pleasantly surprised . Sam always spoke about never being given a chance at a big club and it annoyed game that when he got this chance he squandered it more concerned with his big pay off . I’m hoping Dyche sees us as his big chance.
I get the impression he is made up to be here,I also believe he backs himself to the hilt. Feels like leader

Status
Not open for further replies.