2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have imagined us creating three absolute must score open play chances in one half against the best side in the league at home.

Or sweeping one in in the first minute against Brentford to crown off a passing move

Or maybe we didn’t see us move it on the deck from back to front at Stamford Bridge for Simms to get his shot off

Dyche is playing a quick wide forward upfront with absolutely zero aerial ability and he’s still being accused of primitive direct football. You’d think we were punting it long from the keeper looking for flicks ons (although no one has a problem when Liverpool or City do that).

Dyche is playing some very good football with the players he has available.

I don't even get the unattractive football shouts, in my eyes I don't think we've played this good of football since Ancelotti was in charge.
Absolutely loved ancelotti for who he was, and he was close to getting us back to Europe.

But in no universe were we playing good football in that covid season under Carlo ( first 6/7 games aside )

No problem with how dyche has got us playing either, creating more chances and scoring more coals than we have all season, getting points and picking up form at the right time.

He'll keep us up

I don't even get the unattractive football shouts, in my eyes I don't think we've played this good of football since Ancelotti was in charge. Lampard for all he talked about a progressive style played some of the most turgid stuff I've seen us play at times. With Dyche we're getting shots off and creating chances which is, you know, the entire point of playing. If that's the style then I am all for it.
Lamps, as much as I backed the 'Nice guy' bloke and wanted him to succeed.
His tactics and having to watch them play out on a pitch isn't something anyone deserves to have to go through.
Lamps, Benitez, Allardyce is enough to give you a Breakdown.. ( But atleast you expect it from Benitez and Alardyce )

Dyche has finally got his opportunity at a bigger club, and if he can keep us up. you know he will do everything in his power to prove any of his doubters wrong. And will try and make us a force to be reckoned with again..

Atletico Madrid have the ability to play the ball on the ground. It's Dyche with an attack, which I'm fine with, but don't think Dyche can produce.
Different standard of players to the managers disposal, so not really a question that can be answered. Although you sort of stated the obvious win your own comment ' With an attack ' although it's all through the squads not just the attack that differs those 2 examples.
Dyche can only work with the tools at his disposal and he's already exceeding expectations..

If we stay up, you can mark him after the window on arrivals. but if we move away from guaranteed relegation candidates then you need to 'eat your words' and commend the man...

Been surprised by him just did not expect to see his work with the team i expected more similar to lampard last season that was about passion getting the players fired up by the fans and pushing them. Has come in and has got us playing some good football without a real cf, if he keeps us up this season i hope he will be backed with a stronger squad and he will get an amazing reaction from this great fan base

Let’s not fool ourselves he still has a mammoth task to keep us up we have a very difficult fixture list between now and the end of the season. In truth we still need results for other teams to go in our favour to achieve survival because I struggle to see where we pick up another 12-14 points from the remaining fixtures. I reckon it will probably come down to the last 2 games against Wolves and Bournemouth.

I must have imagined us creating three absolute must score open play chances in one half against the best side in the league at home.

Or sweeping one in in the first minute against Brentford to crown off a passing move

Or maybe we didn’t see us move it on the deck from back to front at Stamford Bridge for Simms to get his shot off

Dyche is playing a quick wide forward upfront with absolutely zero aerial ability and he’s still being accused of primitive direct football. You’d think we were punting it long from the keeper looking for flicks ons (although no one has a problem when Liverpool or City do that).

Dyche is playing some very good football with the players he has available.
Some people are just never happy and wont accept hes just the medicine we need to get this club straightened out.

Everton should be the Atletico Madrid of England and I think Dyche can achieve that. More than one way to skin a cat and I think we need to shed the idea that we need an archetypal progressive manager to progress further, ultimately we need to improve the squad next season or it won't matter what manager we have as no one will be able to play a decent style with the current crop.
Yes, I don't understand how everyone aims to replicate City etc. Different players and different blends. ''More than one way to skin a cat '' You are right on the money here although I could never condone skinning cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.