2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two years of garbage play is not necessary. The DOF should sit him down and discuss what his plans are for preseason and next season. If the idea Dyche has isn't to significantly progress things beginning next year he should be relieved and someone who does have a plan for that hired.
To think we can turn this mess around in a season I’m afraid is delusional and theoretical at best. If it were that easy we’d have done it ages ago. We need to be measured in our expectations. We can’t on the one hand bemoan players who can’t pass a ball and then expect them to play with a style because we think the manager should be able to coach them when even Ancelotti couldn’t get them playing that way.

You need to churn the squad over successive transfer windows with a coherent coaching strategy for that to work - two years is reasonable to 1) avoid relegation thus season (as they won’t exactly be playing with complete freedom at this stage and 2) start to develop style of play whilst brining in some new additions budget permitting

To think we can turn this mess around in a season I’m afraid is delusional and theoretical at best. If it were that easy we’d have done it ages ago. We need to be measured in our expectations. We can’t on the one hand bemoan players who can’t pass a ball and then expect them to play with a style because we think the manager should be able to coach them when even Ancelotti couldn’t get them playing that way.

You need to churn the squad over successive transfer windows with a coherent coaching strategy for that to work - two years is reasonable to 1) avoid relegation thus season (as they won’t exactly be playing with complete freedom at this stage and 2) start to develop style of play whilst brining in some new additions budget permitting
It won't get turned around in a season. But we can stop the garbage and start doing the right things to turn it around at any given point. It doesn't require two years.

Nope. The international game and club team require vastly different management.
Well not really.

A round ball , 11 v 11 , played on a grass pitch with a goal either end.

The objective being the side that puts the ball in their opponents net more than their own wins.

If its the same either end its a draw.

At ALL levels of football.

What about the qualification process as well. It's footy, it's winning things, how does the amount of games played make a difference?
Good point about qualification - never considered that. Was just more thinking about the actual tournament….I just think you see luckier cup wins in general e.g. Swansea, Birmingham than you do league wins eg Leicester because more consistency is required over a longer run of games

Well not really.

A round ball , 11 v 11 , played on a grass pitch with a goal either end.

The objective being the side that puts the ball in their opponents net more than their own wins.

If its the same either end its a draw.

At ALL levels of football.
Yes it is the same sport on the field. But you don't just manage on the field.

Yes it is the same sport on the field. But you don't just manage on the field.
There's no difference whatsoever, some love watching the Dutch "Total football" as its very easy on the eye.
Ask any Forest fan how Brian Clough set his teams up , sheer graft & hard work , yet he was considered one of the best managers ever. And he had the trophies to prove it.

There is no greater saying in football than " It's a results business"

That goes for EVERY level.

There's no difference whatsoever, some love watching the Dutch "Total football" as its very easy on the eye.
Ask any Forest fan how Brian Clough set his teams up , sheer graft & hard work , yet he was considered one of the best managers ever. And he had the trophies to prove it.

There is no greater saying in football than " It's a results business"

That goes for EVERY level.
You don't even know what you're arguing about man

Two years of garbage play is not necessary. The DOF should sit him down and discuss what his plans are for preseason and next season. If the idea Dyche has isn't to significantly progress things beginning next year he should be relieved and someone who does have a plan for that hired.
Everton should be the Atletico Madrid of England and I think Dyche can achieve that. More than one way to skin a cat and I think we need to shed the idea that we need an archetypal progressive manager to progress further, ultimately we need to improve the squad next season or it won't matter what manager we have as no one will be able to play a decent style with the current crop.

You don't even know what you're arguing about man
Strangely enough, that's exactly what I've been thinking about your posts today.

I've got no idea what your point is.

Is the football great? Not really

Is it getting results? More or less as things stand

Would I like to watch a more attractive style? Yes

Do I think we should deviate from what we are doing right now? Nope

Do I think the football we are playing is a function of the footballing ability of the squad at our disposal? Pretty much

Would it be nice to play better football next season? Of course

Will I care as long as we win games and aren't in a relegation scrap? Not particularly

Status
Not open for further replies.