2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even get the unattractive football shouts, in my eyes I don't think we've played this good of football since Ancelotti was in charge. Lampard for all he talked about a progressive style played some of the most turgid stuff I've seen us play at times. With Dyche we're getting shots off and creating chances which is, you know, the entire point of playing. If that's the style then I am all for it.

I think short team performances are important but results are more so only because there is demand for points occasionally to get us out of trouble but i do agree that to climb the league table and get in the higher places e.g. top eight then performances do become important at least in terms of consistency and style.

There are only so many points obtainable against the run of play, eventually your key performance metrics need to be higher and more consistent than the opposition. Dyche will be decent for us in my opinion for the next eighteen or 24 months with reasonable improvement……it’s what he does after that in terms of style and identity of play, which will establish whether he can get us back in the top eight.

You do know most of our metrics since Dyche has been in have been superior to our opponents?

I don't even get the unattractive football shouts, in my eyes I don't think we've played this good of football since Ancelotti was in charge. Lampard for all he talked about a progressive style played some of the most turgid stuff I've seen us play at times. With Dyche we're getting shots off and creating chances which is, you know, the entire point of playing. If that's the style then I am all for it.

The football is absolutely fine. Its just a pathetic, sad, boring stick to beat him with.

There are only so many points obtainable against the run of play, eventually your key performance metrics need to be higher and more consistent than the opposition. Dyche will be decent for us in my opinion for the next eighteen or 24 months with reasonable improvement……it’s what he does after that in terms of style and identity of play, which will establish whether he can get us back in the top eight.
Every single metric has improved since Dyche has come in, we very often have a higher xG than the opponent and in fact if you look at non-penalty xG from yesterdays game, we had a higher amount than Chelsea in their own ground. He's a modern manager, and I daresay he's a progressive one.

Everton should be the Atletico Madrid of England and I think Dyche can achieve that. More than one way to skin a cat and I think we need to shed the idea that we need an archetypal progressive manager to progress further, ultimately we need to improve the squad next season or it won't matter what manager we have as no one will be able to play a decent style with the current crop.
Atletico Madrid have the ability to play the ball on the ground. It's Dyche with an attack, which I'm fine with, but don't think Dyche can produce.

Atletico Madrid have the ability to play the ball on the ground. It's Dyche with an attack, which I'm fine with, but don't think Dyche can produce.

We do too. But we are avoiding doing it unnecessarily. What is the point of playing it on the ground if it doesnt improve outcomes?

It's also worth saying Madrid have a far bigger budget than we do, and are playing teams with far smaller budgets most of the time. That's sort of the opposite of us.

What are all these style shouts about?!

I have been very happy with what Dycgec has served up - we’ve played since decent stuff at times, we’re much more progressive and are creating chances from open play and set pieces - what’s not to like?

That second goal was absolute class yesterday - the ball from Myko, the one touch pass from the duke and then Simms with a couple of great touches, a burst of acceleration and an ice cool finish. More please toffees.

I loved Lampard as a fella, but he had us peeing about with the ball at the back between defenders and doing nothing really attacking and then giving away easy chances to the opposition.

Style is welcome but not in our current predicament ; I want substance and results

We do too. But we are avoiding doing it unnecessarily. What is the point of playing it on the ground if it doesnt improve outcomes?

It's also worth saying Madrid have a far bigger budget than we do, and are playing teams with far smaller budgets most of the time. That's sort of the opposite of us.
I don't expect us to play in CL finals or win the league though. I mean playing like Atletico at our level.

Status
Not open for further replies.