2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I saw was pretty much what I expected, organised , hard working and committed . There wasn't much going forward apart from set pieces.
Will that be enough to save us this season ?
Possibly and if that's what it takes so be it but I'm not sure I'd like to see that type of football long term. It would have been cheaper to stick with Allardyce.
LOL, some will never be happy!!. Everyone accepts our attaching options are not great, but we were a team! What I saw on Saturday was awesome and I would love that every week! Remember Arsenal are top of the league and we completely nulified them, had bettter chances and won the game! What exactly more did you want....

Work hard and keep things simple. That’s what I saw today and I was happy with the way the team played and of course the result. This season is all about surviving at this point. We can start discussing the long term concerning Dyche in the summer. Hopefully we smash those ghouls next Monday night.
If he keeps us up there is no discussing Dyches future, he will be a legend beyond no other and deserves hos contract. Lampard the southern softie was taking us down and he and the board have left us in a massively perilous situation!

LOL, some will never be happy!!. Everyone accepts our attaching options are not great, but we were a team! What I saw on Saturday was awesome and I would love that every week! Remember Arsenal are top of the league and we completely nulified them, had bettter chances and won the game! What exactly more did you want....
We were absolutely the better team , position stats interest me not a jot. We beat a team who are top of the table that I don’t think have lost in the league since the 4th September whilst we’d failed to win since 22nd October . It’s mad if anyone doesn’t recognise what a good result that was .

What I saw was pretty much what I expected, organised , hard working and committed . There wasn't much going forward apart from set pieces.
Will that be enough to save us this season ?
Possibly and if that's what it takes so be it but I'm not sure I'd like to see that type of football long term. It would have been cheaper to stick with Allardyce.
Both Doucoure and DCL should have scored from open play.
Can’t expect too many gilt edged chances against the league leaders and form team.

The thing is that it's abrasive and a bit crap to watch - that's why Atletico are/were similarly extremely boring to watch, even when they were winning the lot.

It's very, very effective football with intense pressing but it's also horrible for the spectators due to the directness of the football and how aggressive teams play cuz it just leads to a ton of fouls.

Gets the people going though, evidently, so I'm all for it.

**NOT A COMPARISON OF DYCHE TO CHOLO OBVIOUSLY**
that aggressive style suits everton teams, suits Everton fans and suits Goodison being a pit of grumpy arl arses.

yes we'd like to see the school of science back but that aint happening any time soon. We'll have to settle for some blud n guts footy for a while.

that aggressive style suits everton teams, suits Everton fans and suits Goodison being a pit of grumpy arl arses.

yes we'd like to see the school of science back but that aint happening any time soon. We'll have to settle for some blud n guts footy for a while.
Never said it's bad - first game in ages I was excited to watch for the right reasons!

"Bad for the neutrals" more like cuz it means we'll play their teams and s***house our way to wins lol

It’s clearly what the fans want.

Goodison saw the effort levels and reacted to that. If the players show they’re giving 110% they’ll make Goodison one nasty place to visit.

If Dyche makes Goodison that, it’s a winner in my eyes, very early days though.

Status
Not open for further replies.