2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF he keeps us up then he would deserve huge plaudits. I'd support a modest contract extension for that alone.

I'm not going to be on his back for the style of football, if it keeps us up this year and provides upward stability next.

His brief is points.

limited the best team in the country to just 3 shots on target

and i think the ones on target were all attempts outside of the box as well
One cleared by Coady but yes, I think we defended the box really well. I thought initially we appeared to be giving Saka a run on us but I think that was a tactic from Dyche for us not to commit and defend the 18 yard box and seemed to work.

One cleared by Coady but yes, I think we defended the box really well. I thought initially we appeared to be giving Saka a run on us but I think that was a tactic from Dyche for us not to commit and defend the 18 yard box and seemed to work.
arsenal's plan was just give it to saka and hope he does something magical

a couple of times i was worried with the cross towards the far post, think coleman misjudged the ball a few times but luckily no arsenal players took advantage of it

He was definitely hugging the touch line and we seemed to standing off 20 yards at times but I felt after this happened 3 or 4 times in the 1st half is this was a ploy by us to let him have the ball and we would set up to defend from this point and it worked a treat. myko and McNeil coupled with Onana did a great job nullifying his threat.

It’s an odd one because some people have a rose tinted view about where we were that season and how in trouble we were. They see Allardyce just taking a team that would have finished mid table anyway and playing quite poorly with them at times.

I saw him taking over an absolutely terrible team with no pace in middle, no pace or goal threat up front, and the worst back 4 in the league ravaged by injuries.

That line up Koeman had with

Kenny Keane Williams Martina

Schendierlin Gueye Klaassen

Sandro Rooney Siggurdson

Was just completely unbalanced with no pace anywhere and no way to move the ball forward.

Allardyce did well to keep that group up and made some good decisions to move Rooney into midfield, play Tom Davies next to him, and bring in Walcott and Tosun for a short term bounce (even though they wasted money long term)

We were a very very poor team that season and he did well to keep us up but some of the football was horrible.
The majority of that squad finished 7th the season before, 8th that season and 8th the season after. They were not, by any stretch of the imagination, a side which should have been getting relegated. Even David Unsworth managed to get 7 points in 5 games with them, the idea that Allardyce saved us is just bizarre.

LOL, some will never be happy!!. Everyone accepts our attaching options are not great, but we were a team! What I saw on Saturday was awesome and I would love that every week! Remember Arsenal are top of the league and we completely nulified them, had bettter chances and won the game! What exactly more did you want....
All that plus it being us top if the league! :cool:

IF he keeps us up then he would deserve huge plaudits. I'd support a modest contract extension for that alone.

I'm not going to be on his back for the style of football, if it keeps us up this year and provides upward stability next.

His brief is points.
Points for this season is his priority.

Building stability and showing a clear approach to a consistent attractive winning style that can challenge for honours is his brief for the next couple of seasons.

If he does that then he'll have done well.

Anyway, one game at a time. Get the players ticking and hope we get a few lucky breaks this season to help him out.

It really doesn't matter what style of football Dyche serves up. The only important thing is survival, look at the predicament we are in, points are all that matter at the moment. It would be a bit precious of us to complain about the style of football anyway, when you think of what our last two managers have served up. I truly believed in the final days of Lampard that we were finished and would be relegated by Easter, now, even though I still think there is a good chance that we go down, at least I think we I'll make a fight of it.

People talk about style but whatever way we look at it, we deserved to win that game.

Organisation, who knew that a bit of structure and organisation would be the key to playing well. Calvert-Lewin looked more like the Ancelotti Calvert-Lewin, Onana was superb and extremely intelligent in his positioning and timing of forward runs or being further back. McNeil was great defensively and offered an attacking threat as well.

Doucouré was sensational for me, really took his instructions well and played a perfect game.

The important thing now is consistency and also how we adapt to playing the teams around us, where we may have a little bit more of the ball. Can see us set up exactly the same against them lot and although never confident there, if we play like that then there is always a chance of a result.

It's only one game and I think maintaining that same level of intensity and consistency for the next 16-17 games is the real challenge. Dyche offers the team the best chance to survive but it's not a guarantee. PL is fickle this season, to stay up, we really just need to perform consistently for all remaining games.
I think you are right. The key will be finding a way to get something out of games where we are not playing well, rather than just capitulating. Will probably take a few grimy nil-nil's.

It really doesn't matter what style of football Dyche serves up. The only important thing is survival, look at the predicament we are in, points are all that matter at the moment. It would be a bit precious of us to complain about the style of football anyway, when you think of what our last two managers have served up. I truly believed in the final days of Lampard that we were finished and would be relegated by Easter, now, even though I still think there is a good chance that we go down, at least I think we I'll make a fight of it.
Yeah I still worry it's going to come down to the lost points against teams around us..

3pts against Arsenal is great for us but who cares about arsenal.

Even 3 draws against - Saints - Wolves - West ham would have saved us from losing 9pts against teams around us.

Both outcomes give us 3pts but the draws would of achieved a lot more in our hopes of survival.
( Tho that also might of saved Lampard so we would be down anyway )

Just pray the Arsenal win really kickstarts us into a nice run now...

You cant judge the squad on a performance at Anfield.

We turn to mush there always have done - the great Ancelotti got whooped by their school kids der.

If we can nick a point we'll have done very well taking 4 points from Arsenal and RS.
Also he won 2-0 in the league there playing with a midfield that had Davies and Gomes in it!

Looks like he's no fan of the keeper rolling it out to a defender to panic or fanny about with, unless it was tactics on Saturday with Arsenal's fast frontline, coupled with DCL as a long ball outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.