2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He talks about it being maybe "a little window" for him to be part of our history. He's got a 2.5 year contract. If he keeps us up from a position like this he should be given the same courtesy as Lampard and handed the next season at the very least...and probably get a contract extension of another 12 months on top.
If he manages this miracle, Then I expect he will take us into the the New Stadium. As for contract extensions, we shouldn't go jumping the gun that quickly.
Just look at Lamps last season...

I didnt really mind Sam either, he was a means, he did very well in his limited time and I still maintain hes the only recent manager who should feel hard done by for getting "the sack".

But I think he knew it was only short term here and he knew we were never gonna take to him, so he bought into it more.

But yeah, they do seem like vastly different people and I thought we played some decent football yesterday, it wasnt all just long ball garbo.
Do you recall Allardyce’s last game ?
Trailing a very poor Southampton side by a goal to nil before we managed a thoroughly undeserved draw.
Or Evertonians flooding out of the Emirate’s 20mins into the game.?
His time here is vastly overrated by some.

It's only one game and I think maintaining that same level of intensity and consistency for the next 16-17 games is the real challenge. Dyche offers the team the best chance to survive but it's not a guarantee. PL is fickle this season, to stay up, we really just need to perform consistently for all remaining games.

Do you recall Allardyce’s last game ?
Trailing a very poor Southampton side by a goal to nil before we managed a thoroughly undeserved draw.
Or Evertonians flooding out of the Emirate’s 20mins into the game.?
His time here is vastly overrated by some.

It’s an odd one because some people have a rose tinted view about where we were that season and how in trouble we were. They see Allardyce just taking a team that would have finished mid table anyway and playing quite poorly with them at times.

I saw him taking over an absolutely terrible team with no pace in middle, no pace or goal threat up front, and the worst back 4 in the league ravaged by injuries.

That line up Koeman had with

Kenny Keane Williams Martina

Schendierlin Gueye Klaassen

Sandro Rooney Siggurdson

Was just completely unbalanced with no pace anywhere and no way to move the ball forward.

Allardyce did well to keep that group up and made some good decisions to move Rooney into midfield, play Tom Davies next to him, and bring in Walcott and Tosun for a short term bounce (even though they wasted money long term)

We were a very very poor team that season and he did well to keep us up but some of the football was horrible.

It’s an odd one because some people have a rose tinted view about where we were that season and how in trouble we were. They see Allardyce just taking a team that would have finished mid table anyway and playing quite poorly with them at times.

I saw him taking over an absolutely terrible team with no pace in middle, no pace or goal threat up front, and the worst back 4 in the league ravaged by injuries.

That line up Koeman had with

Kenny Keane Williams Martina

Schendierlin Gueye Klaassen

Sandro Rooney Siggurdson

Was just completely unbalanced with no pace anywhere and no way to move the ball forward.

Allardyce did well to keep that group up and made some good decisions to move Rooney into midfield, play Tom Davies next to him, and bring in Walcott and Tosun for a short term bounce (even though they wasted money long term)

We were a very very poor team that season and he did well to keep us up but some of the football was horrible.
I don’t think we were as bad as that , we certainly weren’t as bad as Allardyce made us look.
I think the one manager I regret is dismissing was Silva , we should have held our nerve there and listened to Brands.

I don’t think we were as bad as that , we certainly weren’t as bad as Allardyce made us look.
I think the one manager I regret is dismissing was Silva , we should have held our nerve there and listened to Brands.
He should have held his own nerve and made a back me or sack me ultimatum to Moshiri. But he was too concerned with preserving his massive salary.

Tough one that isn't it re: Silva and Brands; I definitely think Brands felt very guilty about leaving Silva out to dry, didn't replace Zouma and the Gueye replacement fell apart. If you take Palhinha and say Adarabioyo out of that Fulham team you'll definitely see a similar collapse. Think I can even remember Brands doing an interview about this regret.

limited the best team in the country to just 3 shots on target

and i think the ones on target were all attempts outside of the box as well
Yup, we were defensively excellent it must be said. The entire back line was brilliant to a man. We were unlucky in front of goal, or maybe the quality just isn't there. Maybe the latter because it's hardly a pattern if it's being going on for over 20 games, but I am sure it can and will improve under Dyche as our attacking vs Arsenal was as good as it's been all season - it's just the final effort that must improve.

He should have held his own nerve and made a back me or sack me ultimatum to Moshiri. But he was too concerned with preserving his massive salary.
Agreed, any kind of wistful 'maybe we should have kept brands' thinking is ultimately pointless. The guy is clearly knowledgable and knew his footy but was happy to sit on the board and let moshiri and his snake mate Kia overule him on multiple occasions. The root problem still would persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.