Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if he is given a mandate, and budget, to get Europe, a pot, decent football, and he reckons he has the ability to do that, then maybe he will be retained. Like I said earlier, he operated under orders this season.

If those orders are changed, perhaps he will deliver. I dont like the bloke, but, when all is said and done, he achieved what Moshiri asked him to do. And I am pretty sure these "chats" the two have had didnt revolve about how Sam will avoid relegation next season.

He isn't capable of anything more this is it.

'A triumph' lol. You said he hadn't done a single good thing since he got here and I merely pointed out that your statement wasn't very accurate. That result was a positive/good result in the circumstances. It wasn't great, and the performance wasn't anything to shout about, but it was an unexpected point against a very good attacking side who have destroyed teams all season at Anfield. It also came around the time when we were leaking goals for fun.

In 5 of the 6 games prior to him taking charge, we had conceded 4 to Southampton, 5 to Atalanta, 2 to Palace, 2 to Watford and 3 to Lyon. He came in and got us 4 clean sheets in 6 games, and 12 points from 18. I don't know what Everton side you've been watching this season if you think that 12 points from 18 was a given?

His time here can be broken down in to the following:
  • His opening 5 or 6 games which I have discussed above - a huge positive in the circumstances which steered us away from any potential trouble.
  • Games against the 'top sides' home and away - simply unacceptable. Barely any shots, knife to a gunfight type mentality and humiliations at Spurs and Arsenal.
  • Games against sides outside the top 6 at home - excellent record no matter what spin you try and put on it
  • Away games in general - awful, negative attitude against sides we should be beating
Points 2 and 4 are why I want him gone as I don't think he is the man to take this club forward. I do however, think he was the sensible choice at the time of his appointment after we just got humiliated by a Southampton side that went 2 months without a league win after putting 4 past Unsworth's Everton side that lost 5 games in 7 before the West Ham victory.

WOW you are Sammy Lee after your latest diatribe. His opening 5/6 games as I have said were based on the winning combination unearthed by Rhino assisted by Joe Royle then he tinkered, as he was entitled to but as soon as he altered things and results return to a nose dive what does he do, as he has always done, blames everyone in sight other than himself. To add insult to injury he then compares us to West Ham, laughs in contempt at us fans, throws scorn at players in public whilst sucking snot from is left nostril for the cameras.

Don't you think we should have a good record against teams outside the top six, with the money spent we should be in the top six.

I'm no fan of John Aldridge but years ago, when he was in charge at Tranmere he nearly had a scrap with this classless Dudley wind bag on the touch line because of Shams arrogance. Both teams going for promotion, which was odd for a Sham side, he'd kept a torrent of abuse going all week bout Rovers being crap, undeserving of promotion and much worse than that when comparing himself to Aldridge, arrogance personified. Tranmere won, got promoted with him still casting insults.

I put it to you that Warnock or Pullis could have done a better job than your hero but you conveniently overlook this point. If either had been given the job they'd have 'saved us' but it would have been wih far more dignity, yes even Warnock.

I repeat, for the sake of clarity that this embarrassment has done nothing but line his own pockets and bathed in any reflected glory going during his time at my club. He is an overrated arrogant upstart and a blemish on our history

WOW you are Sammy Lee after your latest diatribe. His opening 5/6 games as I have said were based on the winning combination unearthed by Rhino assisted by Joe Royle then he tinkered, as he was entitled to but as soon as he altered things and results return to a nose dive what does he do, as he has always done, blames everyone in sight other than himself. To add insult to injury he then compares us to West Ham, laughs in contempt at us fans, throws scorn at players in public whilst sucking snot from is left nostril for the cameras.

Don't you think we should have a good record against teams outside the top six, with the money spent we should be in the top six.

I'm no fan of John Aldridge but years ago, when he was in charge at Tranmere he nearly had a scrap with this classless Dudley wind bag on the touch line because of Shams arrogance. Both teams going for promotion, which was odd for a Sham side, he'd kept a torrent of abuse going all week bout Rovers being crap, undeserving of promotion and much worse than that when comparing himself to Aldridge, arrogance personified. Tranmere won, got promoted with him still casting insults.

I put it to you that Warnock or Pullis could have done a better job than your hero but you conveniently overlook this point. If either had been given the job they'd have 'saved us' but it would have been wih far more dignity, yes even Warnock.

I repeat, for the sake of clarity that this embarrassment has done nothing but line his own pockets and bathed in any reflected glory going during his time at my club. He is an overrated arrogant upstart and a blemish on our history
Not even I would sink so low as to say Big Scam compared badly to Aldo.

But it appears that he is.

Big Scam out!

Its ok scraping past 10 men stoke, and thats the worst stoke team in the prem era.

Lets see how we look in these next 2 home games....the fume will be back to normal as we sit back, and get completely tortured....i can see huge defeats.

All logic suggests we should and will get bummed badly in both games, then again we always for some reason seem to show up when we play against City (which given our record against the other top teams is baffling), Derby is stuck right between their games against City as well which could make how they focus on that game interesting as well...

Biggest worry is we actually win both and BFS gets another year...

All logic suggests we should and will get bummed badly in both games, then again we always for some reason seem to show up when we play against City (which given our record against the other top teams is baffling), Derby is stuck right between their games against City as well which could make how they focus on that game interesting as well...

Biggest worry is we actually win both and BFS gets another year...

I can't stand Allardyce, but I think he will get next season (or at least to start it).

I can't stand Allardyce, but I think he will get next season (or at least to start it).

I truly don't mate, can't see Moshiri being daft enough to not have someone monitoring just how despised the manager is, as he's shown in the past he will get influenced by media/fans to an extent.

My gut instinct, we get smashed in what Moshiri would count as two expected losses and that gives him the 'reason' to tell Sam adios, he looks fair, appeases the fans and picks the timing well.

Then again i could be totally wrong, god knows with this club at times

Like you I want a new manager for the new season.But credit where credit is due he did what it says on the tin.Some forum members seem to prefer to be blinkered to the fact that nobody else with any Premiership experience had any interest whatsoever in taking on the mess Koemen had left.Ive posted it before but just to underline the fact Tuchel and Blanc both rated managers preferred to carry on signing on rather than take the job and another highly rated manager thought risking breaking his neck in the Paris Dakar was preferable to a trip to Goodison.

Great post mate - you have 100% hit the nail on the head

IMHO - It is what a number of forum members do not want to admit and or dont have any other viable alternatives other than calls for SACK ! , more confusingly if anyone dares to have another opinion or say anything positive about Sam I see posts labeling you as a " G/S - RAWK infliltrator " :confused: ?!

To get this straight - I didnt want Sam as a 1st option , I also dont believe he should be long term Siemone , Tuchel were on my wish list but TBH this was wishful thinking , it has to be accepted no decent manager after Koeman wanted to touch Everton with a barge poll , therefore Sam was brought in , I respected he had to face a mess that he inherited - his job was realistically PL survival as a 1st priority this was with a disallusioned / disfuntional squad , I wanted him succeed and yes "shock / horror " support him to be successful in that quest , as far as this season I want us as far up the league as possible , to say thank you Sam at the end of he tenure for a job well done, which is IMO is critical in assisting in the process of sourcing a decent new manager for next season

Therefore on another point - as far as the the next two games against Manure City and R/S - let me stick my neck out to the posters who are already on the bandwagon predicting humiliation / doom and gloom that we going to be slaughtered " COYB stick it to them "

I truly don't mate, can't see Moshiri being daft enough to not have someone monitoring just how despised the manager is, as he's shown in the past he will get influenced by media/fans to an extent.

My gut instinct, we get smashed in what Moshiri would count as two expected losses and that gives him the 'reason' to tell Sam adios, he looks fair, appeases the fans and picks the timing well.

Then again i could be totally wrong, god knows with this club at times

The problem is yes he has confirmed he is a subpmanager but has he done enough to ve sacked? The club isn't really on a Champions League footing, and doesn't really have those aspirations.

The problem is yes he has confirmed he is a subpmanager but has he done enough to ve sacked? The club isn't really on a Champions League footing, and doesn't really have those aspirations.

My opinion only, think Moshiri does have those ambitions, but if he is capable of delivering them or putting in place a structure and people that can is another matter altogether.

I also think Moshiri is VERY influenced by the media perception of him/the club/the manager etc.

Which is ultimately why he will replace Allardyce with someone whose atm 'media flavour of the month', he has a pipe dream about attracting the best managers - but reality says not a chance in hell, so he goes next down to who people are currently bandwagonning as the next best thing upcoming. Silva, now Fonseca, could be someone else if some other manager does something the last 7 weeks, honestly think he can be swayed that fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.