Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either Unsworth or Koeman would have got at least the same number of points. Both had to deal with additional European games with key injuries and bedding in new players. Allardyce picked up a side that had just battered West Ham and then had the good fortune to see both of our regular full backs return. He has done nothing, zilch, nada, pay him off and get shut then let’s try to get him out of our memories......
I tend to agree with this. I was not upset that Koeman left but if he stayed I think he'd have us not far worse off than we are now. Unsworth wasn't given full backing and our scoundrels of players made that untenable and despite that he had got the team playing and Big Scam took full advantage of that.

But Sam will more than likely be fired because the club and fans still expect better, even after a dreadful season.

Sam is really good at what he’s doing, what he’s doing just isnt what I want Everton to be.

Moshiri came from Arsenal, where the fans have wanted the manager gone for ages, and the club stuck with the man, I really can see us doing the same
Not sure I agree Sam's likely to be fired. Stuff was being leaked a few weeks ago but results have improved since and Tosun's coming good proving Sam's judgement. Depends on results but if they remain good and say we win the derby I could potentially see business man Mosh leaving Sam, his team and maybe even Walsh in place avoiding more upheaval and expense.
If we fail to get Europa as expected this time then I think a good box to box midfielder, left back and centre back would be more than enough to see us comfortably in seventh next season maybe even closing the gap on Arsenal if they continue to decline. That'll be very tempting for Mosh after he must have crapped himself at the thought of his massive investment being relegated in this season's chaos. Good point about him observing Arsenal leaving an unpopular manager in place because Wenger delivered all important league placement consistently.

Not sure I agree Sam's likely to be fired. Stuff was being leaked a few weeks ago but results have improved since and Tosun's coming good proving Sam's judgement. Depends on results but if they remain good and say we win the derby I could potentially see business man Mosh leaving Sam, his team and maybe even Walsh in place avoiding more upheaval and expense.
If we fail to get Europa as expected this time then I think a good box to box midfielder, left back and centre back would be more than enough to see us comfortably in seventh next season maybe even closing the gap on Arsenal if they continue to decline. That'll be very tempting for Mosh after he must have crapped himself at the thought of his massive investment being relegated in this season's chaos. Good point about him observing Arsenal leaving an unpopular manager in place because Wenger delivered all important league placement consistently.

We beat a newly promoted team at home who have little left to play for.

We won away narrowly at a team in the bottom 3 who had 10 men for over an hour.

If that is enough to be allowed to manage Everton then we should fold.

Well, his mandate, we must assume, was to preserve PL status. He employed tactics and targeted games to achieve that. Job done by March 17th.

It was not pretty, but not sure he can be blamed for doing what he was hired to do.
Pretty much spot on.

Cannot believe the board, in NOVEMBER, employed a manager and asked him simply to keep us in the Premier League.

Truly shocking.

I honestly think it would be a huge own goal by the board to keep Sam, the fans are already quite split with regards to Moshiri and the stadium stuff and the fact that despite taking over Blue Bill and Suntan Bob are still lurking in the background. I think it would be a bad idea on Moshiri's part not to change things.

We beat a newly promoted team at home who have little left to play for.

We won away narrowly at a team in the bottom 3 who had 10 men for over an hour.

If that is enough to be allowed to manage Everton then we should fold.
That's thinking like a fan. The man who'll decide isn't a fan. He's a business man. On that basis I said the following on 30 October last.
. Moshiri emphasised a glamorous appointment last time out but now, I suspect, he'll happily settle for the one most likely to protect his massive investment. Allardyce is the most proven in this situation, available immediately without compensation, would likely be willing to sign a contract until the end of the season unlike Dyche and has practically said he'd take the job when asked on TV. Mosh must be seriously pondering an approach at the moment if he hasn't already initiated contact this morning.
As I said if results are good to season's end and we manage a win over the RS or City they'll be a compelling businesd case to leave Sam and his team in charge as with good investment in 2 or 3 players like in January and presumeably no Europa league Sam is likely to deliver 7th, perhaps comfortably.
The alternative is to take an expensive gamble on the more glamourous Silva or Fonseca (assuming his agent isn't just jerking us around) which is highly unlikely to deliver anything better than 7th and is much more likely to go t*ts up than the stable regieme of Allardyce.

I honestly think it would be a huge own goal by the board to keep Sam, the fans are already quite split with regards to Moshiri and the stadium stuff and the fact that despite taking over Blue Bill and Suntan Bob are still lurking in the background. I think it would be a bad idea on Moshiri's part not to change things.

Well, if he is given a mandate, and budget, to get Europe, a pot, decent football, and he reckons he has the ability to do that, then maybe he will be retained. Like I said earlier, he operated under orders this season.

If those orders are changed, perhaps he will deliver. I dont like the bloke, but, when all is said and done, he achieved what Moshiri asked him to do. And I am pretty sure these "chats" the two have had didnt revolve about how Sam will avoid relegation next season.

I tend to agree with this. I was not upset that Koeman left but if he stayed I think he'd have us not far worse off than we are now. Unsworth wasn't given full backing and our scoundrels of players made that untenable and despite that he had got the team playing and Big Scam took full advantage of that.

Agreed, the other thing about Unsworth’s time in the hot seat is that he was overseeing two games a week. In interviews he would often say that they weren’t getting enough time on the training ground to implement his ideas because of recuperation after games and travelling time etc!
Given the timing of the returns of Coleman and now Baines, and the signing of a decent centre forward who is now getting games I suspect both Koeman and Unsworth would have us in a very similar position to where we are now!

Well, if he is given a mandate, and budget, to get Europe, a pot, decent football, and he reckons he has the ability to do that, then maybe he will be retained. Like I said earlier, he operated under orders this season.

If those orders are changed, perhaps he will deliver. I dont like the bloke, but, when all is said and done, he achieved what Moshiri asked him to do. And I am pretty sure these "chats" the two have had didnt revolve about how Sam will avoid relegation next season.

Yeah sadly the whispers and the general chit chat im hearing suggest to me that Walsh and Sam will be in situ in August and beyond sadly.

It would be unpopular that's for sure but unlikely to see any real reduction in attendances. Moshiri is going to be tempted and those who believe he'll defo sack Sam are projecting their own feelings as fans imo.

Either Unsworth or Koeman would have got at least the same number of points. Both had to deal with additional European games with key injuries and bedding in new players. Allardyce picked up a side that had just battered West Ham and then had the good fortune to see both of our regular full backs return. He has done nothing, zilch, nada, pay him off and get shut then let’s try to get him out of our memories......
Your guessing the Koeman or Unsworth would have got the required points,but would you really want to stake out Premieship status on a hunch? Did you actually watch the game when we allegedly battered West Ham? If you did you'll be aware it had more to do with a missed penalty at a vital stage of the game and a second rate keeper (who I still can't believe some forum members wanted us to sign) gifting is chances.The team under Unsworth were conceding for fun and haven't you found it odd that with all the jobs in various divisions that have come up during the season he is still in charge of our Youths even though he's stated a desire to manage?

Not sure about that mate, i think those leaks are nothing more then wishful thinking, Everton is tight as when it comes to leaks, the team 24 hours before a game maybe but from the top, its tight, despite those who clame to be ITK nothing gets out these days

Status
Not open for further replies.