Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if he is given a mandate, and budget, to get Europe, a pot, decent football, and he reckons he has the ability to do that, then maybe he will be retained. Like I said earlier, he operated under orders this season.

If those orders are changed, perhaps he will deliver. I dont like the bloke, but, when all is said and done, he achieved what Moshiri asked him to do. And I am pretty sure these "chats" the two have had didnt revolve about how Sam will avoid relegation next season.
To be fair, I don't think he was told "ensure the players only perform well enough to avoid relegation - whatever you do don't get them challenging for Europe."

Given relegation is more of less avoided now, shouldn't the board be giving him a new goal of securing seventh place?

I like to think his future was agreed when he joined us. Either he's staying for another year or it's already been agreed that he'll leave after the season. I don't think any discussions will be ongoing.

To be fair, I don't think he was told "ensure the players only perform well enough to avoid relegation - whatever you do don't get them challenging for Europe."

Given relegation is more of less avoided now, shouldn't the board be giving him a new goal of securing seventh place?

I like to think his future was agreed when he joined us. Either he's staying for another year or it's already been agreed that he'll leave after the season. I don't think any discussions will be ongoing.

Agree. Shifting sands

Not sure about that mate, i think those leaks are nothing more then wishful thinking, Everton is tight as when it comes to leaks, the team 24 hours before a game maybe but from the top, its tight, despite those who clame to be ITK nothing gets out these days
I don't give any credance to ITK's as they're wrong around 90% of the time from my experience. Hence I don't believe for example BK'll be gone by 01 April. I tend to believe what professional journalists say as they're right around 80-90% of the time and I'm therefore almost certain BK'll be here next month as the Echo were briefed that by the club.
The leaks I was referring to were the preponderence of negative stories on BK in the national meda all around the same time which made me suspicious someone inside the club was sending some kind of message via the media.

When phoned up to renew ST ... I said to the guy "Just hope we have a new manager for start of the season..I don't expect you to answer that one as you have to stay impartial"..he replied..."Its ok your the third one this morning who has said the same :D"

I've heard there's a contract extension to be announced end of the season, next season plus an additional one. Funds to be made available for a clear out in the summer.

OMG - PLEASE NO - we beat a 10 man Stoke!!!
Is this the general consensus, that he will be here next season?

Not really a general consensus, I mean I only speak for myself, im not ITK, nor have I heard anything from anybody really, I just get feelings, a few weeks ago the drums were beating a Death March, now I can hear them beat, but the tune I cant quite finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.