Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion only, think Moshiri does have those ambitions, but if he is capable of delivering them or putting in place a structure and people that can is another matter altogether.

I also think Moshiri is VERY influenced by the media perception of him/the club/the manager etc.

Which is ultimately why he will replace Allardyce with someone whose atm 'media flavour of the month', he has a pipe dream about attracting the best managers - but reality says not a chance in hell, so he goes next down to who people are currently bandwagonning as the next best thing upcoming. Silva, now Fonseca, could be someone else if some other manager does something the last 7 weeks, honestly think he can be swayed that fast...

The problem is here that there is a perception that Moshiri is swayed by fan opinion. There's a fair amount of evidence to back that up. But what is fan opinion if not wildly inconsistent?

"Allardyce Revisted" became a meme on here as people rode the " Noooooooooo never Allardyce" to "hmmph I'll never accept it" to "ooh Sizeable Sam and his Bisto Blues" to "SACK SACK SACK". There are very few of us who have been consistent on him.

Unless Moshiri consults directly with an unbending, knowledgable fan strata (like me and @sageyefc and @matty1878 , perhaps) he'll be pandering to individuals whose world view changes with the weather.

The problem is here that there is a perception that Moshiri is swayed by fan opinion. There's a fair amount of evidence to back that up. But what is fan opinion if not wildly inconsistent?

"Allardyce Revisted" became a meme on here as people rode the " Noooooooooo never Allardyce" to "hmmph I'll never accept it" to "ooh Sizeable Sam and his Bisto Blues" to "SACK SACK SACK". There are very few of us who have been consistent on him.

Unless Moshiri consults directly with an unbending, knowledgable fan strata (like me and @sageyefc and @matty1878 , perhaps) he'll be pandering to individuals whose world view changes with the weather.

All true, but general rule of footy is when a manager loses the fans, or never even has the majority in this case, then it's a matter of time, especially so in the modern era.

Be massively surprised if he's not gone at season's end mate.

The problem is yes he has confirmed he is a subpmanager but has he done enough to ve sacked? The club isn't really on a Champions League footing, and doesn't really have those aspirations.
Well we were told champions league is what we want. And for me it’s not a question of has he done enough to be sacked, he was a stop gap manager and not the man to take us forward.

I know it’s, ifs & buts. But if sam stays and the football is the same and we are mid table come November. And the fans are on his case every game. Moshiri will be back to square one, he’ll be throwing 15mil at Bournemouth for Eddie Howe. And we will probably end up with Tony Pulis.

Moshiri has got to be thinking long term and that’s not Sam.

Also the mentality of Everton fans will change from next season, since October we have basically been worried about relegation. As soon as next season starts, there will be hope again, that we can challenge the top 6

I still think the evidence points to him leaving in May. Moshiri has form for heeding fans sentiment, and that has been loud and clear here.

He was only wanted for six months initially, and I couldn't envisage him staying into next season and getting a contract extension.

The temporary nature of the appointment and one season left on the contract isn't to anyone's satisfaction IMO. This group of players and the runt that will survive need to work with a manager that they know is "in charge" rather than "passing through".

Removing Sam will at least temporarily lift the air of gloom and apathy that has swirled around the club for the whole of this season. In that sense its as much related to appearances than results and performances. Moshiri can take a decision that he knows will be overwhelmingly well-recieved, and that is an easy temptation.

More than half this place would have Martinez back despite the Allardyce and Lee dream team being on course to better the points tally of his last 2 seasons.

Don't agree with this at all. There are plenty on here who have consistently never been able to stand the sight of Allardyce. Never wanted him here and who have hated every minute of him (and his equally overweight cronies) squatting in the dugout or stands. Some of us have hardly been able to bear watching a single live minute of us since the fraud wheeled himself into postion.

He’ll be here next season.

With the best will in the world I so badly want you to be wrong! It'll just be sending out a big message of a total lack of ambition at the football club and an acceptance of mediocrity. The shorter the time he's sat in the manager's chair the better it'll be for the football club going forward!

More than half this place would have Martinez back despite the Allardyce and Lee dream team being on course to better the points tally of his last 2 seasons.

If we're gonna win nothing watsoever I'd rather do it trying to take the game to opponents and trying to score goals than the diarrhoea the present incumbent has served up.

With the best will in the world I so badly want you to be wrong! It'll just be sending out a big message of a total lack of ambition at the football club and an acceptance of mediocrity. The shorter the time he's sat in the manager's chair the better it'll be for the football club going forward!

He's completed what he was asked to do so as much as the football is crap and we all want him gone what message are we sending the world of football if we bin a man for succeeding where we asked him to?

I just can't see how the club justifies it to anyone to sack him.

Don't agree with this at all. There are plenty on here who have consistently never been able to stand the sight of Allardyce. Never wanted him here and who have hated every minute of him (and his equally overweight cronies) squatting in the dugout or stands. Some of us have hardly been able to bear watching a single live minute of us since the fraud wheeled himself into postion.

??????
I said that about four lines on ?????

If we're gonna win nothing watsoever I'd rather do it trying to take the game to opponents and trying to score goals than the diarrhoea the present incumbent has served up.

It’s not either or though. Martinez was dross, Koeman was dross, so is Allardyce. They were 3 poorly thought out recruits who shouldn’t have been Everton manager. It’s a worrying trend though. Since Harvey took over from Kendall I we’ve arguably had 2 good appointments in Royle and Moyes. The rest have basically done their best to relegate us. The next appointment needs to be far better.

I will not accept though that Martinez’s blend of awful football spun as ‘taking the game to the opposotion’ Is the answer for Everton. We didn’t take the game to Liverpool in 2 record 4-0 losses in 3 seasons. In fact apart from his first Derby we didn’t ever take the game to some of the poorest Liverpool sides in 14/15 and 15/16, one game in particular at Goodison we didn’t have a shot until after the 90th minute and set up to get a 0-0 against the likes of Balotelli Lambert Origi. We didn’t take the game to Southampton losing 3-0 without making a sub. We didn’t take the game to relegation Newcastle when we flukes our way in front through Kone and every man and his dog knew we’d still lose to a side that was going down because we were just that awfully poor. We didn’t take the game home or away to Dynamo Kiev. We didn’t take the game to Swansea in the league cup or West Ham in the FA cup, or Arsenal in the QF of the FA cup or Fulham in the league cup.

Memories of the first 3/4 of 13/14 in the league and a big home win over Arsenal are great but what followed was arguably (along with this season) some of the worst football of our prem existence which given the talent available to us was criminal. Quite simply without Lukaku we may well have been seriously battling relegation both seasons. That with players like Baines Coleman Stones Mori Barry McCarthy Barkley Deulofeu Lukaku. How Allardyce would like to put out an 11 with that back 4 and strikeforce.

He's completed what he was asked to do so as much as the football is crap and we all want him gone what message are we sending the world of football if we bin a man for succeeding where we asked him to?

I just can't see how the club justifies it to anyone to sack him.

We want to win stuff so bin off s manager who has never won anything? I don’t see how we can justify keeping him if we want to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.