Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really a general consensus, I mean I only speak for myself, im not ITK, nor have I heard anything from anybody really, I just get feelings, a few weeks ago the drums were beating a Death March, now I can hear them beat, but the tune I cant quite finger.
Thanks for this. Drums beat louder when we lose - we didn't play particularly well Saturday, but think overwhelming feeling was just a sense of relief cos we won. I want more than that from Everton.
Still not renewed season ticket - a few weeks ago I was convinced he was going and fully intended to renew, but something held me back. Really hope he not here next season - never wanted him in first place and he has done nothing to change my opinion of him.Don't know if I could stomach another season with him in charge.

When phoned up to renew ST ... I said to the guy "Just hope we have a new manager for start of the season..I don't expect you to answer that one as you have to stay impartial"..he replied..."Its ok your the third one this morning who has said the same :D"

Must have been quiet on the phones or you rang early to be third in the queue?

Thanks for this. Drums beat louder when we lose - we didn't play particularly well Saturday, but think overwhelming feeling was just a sense of relief cos we won. I want more than that from Everton.
Still not renewed season ticket - a few weeks ago I was convinced he was going and fully intended to renew, but something held me back. Really hope he not here next season - never wanted him in first place and he has done nothing to change my opinion of him.Don't know if I could stomach another season with him in charge.
Mate my thoughts exactly

OK - the quote can be null and void but the fact is that Walcott and Tosun were brought in by this manager and therefore the claim that he hasn't done a 'single good thing' whilst he has been here is also null and void.

I can keep giving examples of good things he has done though, despite not being the right man to take us forward, because it's only fair to look at things reasonably isn't it. For example...

He came in when we had the joint second worst defence in the league, having just conceded 9 goals against Atalanta, Southampton and West Ham, which were the 3 games before he came in. He then got us 12 points from 18 and managed us to 4 clean sheets in 6. 2 of the games were against Liverpool and Chelsea so not easy fixtures.

Koeman had us in 18th. Unsworth moved us up to 13th. Allardyce has moved us up further to 9th.
We beat West Ham 4-0.

Walcott was a no brainier of a signing and so called we where after Tosun in the summer. So neither are Allardyce signings. Pritty much any manager could have got us where we are now, maybe even better. An probably player better football. Let’s not forget the lovely stats of bottom on chances and chances against an so on

Forgot about him, I'm convinced he is going to still be around, Sam I mean, based purely on the fact Moshiri has no real reason to sack him right now, the fans not liking him wont cut it, this is a results business and when an employee does what you ask him to do, getting the sack doesn't very often follow.
Koeman built a team and it was shocking, this isnt Sams team but the only two players he has added have done well for us, which is going to go in Sams favour

Besides Moshiri came from Arsenal, where the fans have wanted the manager gone for ages, and the club stuck with the man, I really can see us doing the same

Could be incredibly naive here, but I thought right from when sam came here, it was going to be this season only, the fact he knocked us back initially leading to the fact we gave him 18 months instead of just 6... (right or wrong, the ownership group was in panic mode, and it's clear sam on 18 months was not plan A) and still think that Moshiri had his target (Fonseca) lined up but was knocked back...... Even the way sam spoke after the weekend, it wasn't "we" can start planning for next season, it was "Everton" can start planning.... I am still convinced not more than 6 months was ever promised, but we weren't going to be seen giving him 200K+ a week for 6 months (imagine the fume had he been on that a week.....) But I could see sam saying "I want X to keep you up" and we are just paying that over 18 months

Status
Not open for further replies.