Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he graciously goes I will say thanks for keeping us up, allowing Schneiderlin to be booed and then never playing him again, popcorning the kopites at Anfield, and Tosun and Walcott. Everything else has been beyond the pale.

Reactions: Tez
Fair play, we were in absolute dire straits before he came in. He has steadied the ship, and our home record is fantastic.

If we can hit 55-58 points, we could still potentially finish 7th.

He wasn’t
OH-NO-SHES-ISNTOH-YES-SHE-ING-WELL-IS-1-C22163.jpg

Ex-Newcastle United midfielder Emre Belozoglu answered: Sam Allardyce. That was when he got asked about the absolute worst manager he ever worked with. I don't like the guy myself a single bit, yet his football mind is brilliant.

Without the fume, the board won’t realise he’s not the manager of the future.

If we just sit on our hands, they’ll keep paying him and the t.v. money will keep rolling in. Fine if you’re a business man, but not in the club’s future best interests.

To a degree, perhaps. But the fact we were haggling over the length of the contract suggests that we were never really seriously going to make this last beyond this season.

He's come in when we were utter sh*te, got a good run of wins to get us away from trouble and then showed his limitations as a manager. Not his fault the board pay him so much money. We'd all like him to move on at the end of the season, but I hope we (the fans) can do it with a bit of dignity, and not like a bunch of Twitter-fuelled bells.

Big Scam. The orc like homunculus that is Sammy Lee. The treacherous Craig Snakespear.

How can anyone argue for these three amigos to be around after the last day of the season? Who wouldn't want them gone now we have 40 points?

What a rotten season this was to hire those.

To a degree, perhaps. But the fact we were haggling over the length of the contract suggests that we were never really seriously going to make this last beyond this season.

He's come in when we were utter sh*te, got a good run of wins to get us away from trouble and then showed his limitations as a manager. Not his fault the board pay him so much money. We'd all like him to move on at the end of the season, but I hope we (the fans) can do it with a bit of dignity, and not like a bunch of Twitter-fuelled bells.

A fair post.

However, I was referring to Moshiri in relation to the business/money aspect. IMHO, if he doesn’t pursue a more progressive type of manager, it will confirm that he’s just interested in securing funding for the new stadium which in turn should increase the club’s worth. This tells me staying in the Premiership to increase share value is the primary aim, anything else merely a bonus.

But then I suppose, for these billionaires, business is business.

You said he hasn't done a 'single good thing' when he blatantly has. Are Walcott and Tosun not good positive signings, both from clubs who have played in the Champions League?

"Theo Walcott has backed Sam Allardyce to get him firing again after revealing the Everton manager was the key factor in leaving Arsenal for Merseyside in January."

I'm not exactly celebrating the Anfield draw as an amazing achievement, but it was a good one in the circumstances, particularly when they are capable of sticking 4 past the Champions elect there and have hammered us 4-0 twice in recent years with better Everton sides than this one.

I never said he was a tactical genius, he has major flaws which is why I don't think he is the man to take us on beyond this season but he came in at a time when we were in a mess and getting poor results against sides we should have been doing far better against. Some of those results have continued as you point out - Watford, West Brom, Burnley but then he's also got us some good results - the Anfield Derby, Newcastle and Stoke away, Leicester at home.

Southampton was Unsworth.

Are you sure you don't want to chuck in West Ham, he claimed the kudos for a team set up and selected by Rhino, the core of that team played the next few matches with Shammy lapping up the glory. l suggest that when this snot sucker started tinkering with that line up we went straight back to square one. Apart from parking the bus I can't think of any other successful tactic he has applied. As an example of how overrated he is by comparing his 'winnng' record to Neil Warnock or even Tony Pullis, neither of which would be acceptable to the fans but both are contemporaneous to Sham. Pullis stays around longer, Warnocks win promotion ratio embarrasses Sham's history by a light year, Allardyce is a fraud.

Why you insist that the derby against a lacklustre Liverpool was a triumph for Sham is mind boggling we parked the bus and hung on in there and scrapped a point. The superb victory against Stoke owed nothing to fact that they had been reduced to 10 men or was the sending off a part of this wizards planning? As for our win at Newcastle, yippie we won away to what was a bottom three side.

You claim that you want him gone yet argue in favour of his mediocrity I'm thinking you're a closet Shammy fan, it takes all sorts even Sammy Lee......you're not are you?

Big Scam. The orc like homunculus that is Sammy Lee. The treacherous Craig Snakespear.

How can anyone argue for these three amigos to be around after the last day of the season? Who wouldn't want them gone now we have 40 points?

What a rotten season this was to hire those.
And they got us into the mess we were in when they came?

I really hate this idea he has kept us up.

When we lost 4-1 to Southampton I genuinely thought we were the worst side in the league. Back then I’d have taken anyone who could have got us to 40 points. The fact is that Home wins v Huddersfield Swansea Leicester Palace Brighton and Newcastle Stoke away are more impressive than people will give him credit for. So many 6 pointers against teams in and around us. Some of those teams have been tricky when theyve travelled so what seemed like routine Home wins should be sniffed at. Leicester and Palace in particular were huge results.

Despite that though I still want him out the door ASAP!

Why you insist that the derby against a lacklustre Liverpool was a triumph for Sham is mind boggling we parked the bus and hung on in there and scrapped a point. The superb victory against Stoke owed nothing to fact that they had been reduced to 10 men or was the sending off a part of this wizards planning? As for our win at Newcastle, yippie we won away to what was a bottom three side.

You claim that you want him gone yet argue in favour of his mediocrity I'm thinking you're a closet Shammy fan, it takes all sorts even Sammy Lee......you're not are you?

'A triumph' lol. You said he hadn't done a single good thing since he got here and I merely pointed out that your statement wasn't very accurate. That result was a positive/good result in the circumstances. It wasn't great, and the performance wasn't anything to shout about, but it was an unexpected point against a very good attacking side who have destroyed teams all season at Anfield. It also came around the time when we were leaking goals for fun.

In 5 of the 6 games prior to him taking charge, we had conceded 4 to Southampton, 5 to Atalanta, 2 to Palace, 2 to Watford and 3 to Lyon. He came in and got us 4 clean sheets in 6 games, and 12 points from 18. I don't know what Everton side you've been watching this season if you think that 12 points from 18 was a given?

His time here can be broken down in to the following:
  • His opening 5 or 6 games which I have discussed above - a huge positive in the circumstances which steered us away from any potential trouble.
  • Games against the 'top sides' home and away - simply unacceptable. Barely any shots, knife to a gunfight type mentality and humiliations at Spurs and Arsenal.
  • Games against sides outside the top 6 at home - excellent record no matter what spin you try and put on it
  • Away games in general - awful, negative attitude against sides we should be beating
Points 2 and 4 are why I want him gone as I don't think he is the man to take this club forward. I do however, think he was the sensible choice at the time of his appointment after we just got humiliated by a Southampton side that went 2 months without a league win after putting 4 past Unsworth's Everton side that lost 5 games in 7 before the West Ham victory.

'A triumph' lol. You said he hadn't done a single good thing since he got here and I merely pointed out that your statement wasn't very accurate. That result was a positive/good result in the circumstances. It wasn't great, and the performance wasn't anything to shout about, but it was an unexpected point against a very good attacking side who have destroyed teams all season at Anfield. It also came around the time when we were leaking goals for fun.

In 5 of the 6 games prior to him taking charge, we had conceded 4 to Southampton, 5 to Atalanta, 2 to Palace, 2 to Watford and 3 to Lyon. He came in and got us 4 clean sheets in 6 games, and 12 points from 18. I don't know what Everton side you've been watching this season if you think that 12 points from 18 was a given?

His time here can be broken down in to the following:
  • His opening 5 or 6 games which I have discussed above - a huge positive in the circumstances which steered us away from any potential trouble.
  • Games against the 'top sides' home and away - simply unacceptable. Barely any shots, knife to a gunfight type mentality and humiliations at Spurs and Arsenal.
  • Games against sides outside the top 6 at home - excellent record no matter what spin you try and put on it
  • Away games in general - awful, negative attitude against sides we should be beating
Points 2 and 4 are why I want him gone as I don't think he is the man to take this club forward. I do however, think he was the sensible choice at the time of his appointment after we just got humiliated by a Southampton side that went 2 months without a league win after putting 4 past Unsworth's Everton side that lost 5 games in 7 before the West Ham victory.
Like you I want a new manager for the new season.But credit where credit is due he did what it says on the tin.Some forum members seem to prefer to be blinkered to the fact that nobody else with any Premiership experience had any interest whatsoever in taking on the mess Koemen had left.Ive posted it before but just to underline the fact Tuchel and Blanc both rated managers preferred to carry on signing on rather than take the job and another highly rated manager thought risking breaking his neck in the Paris Dakar was preferable to a trip to Goodison.

And they got us into the mess we were in when they came?
No they didn't create the mess. However the mess we were in did not require their hiring in the first place. Desperation because the club's upper management didn't have a coherent contingency strategy for manager when they binned off Koeman is what got these 3 stooges through the door.

If you think these are what is needed at the current time, then fine, that's your choice and I can understand it though I do disagree with it. We were (still are) a basket case of a club, and I don't think that any long term strengthening of the team's organisation has occurred - the return of 2 PL quality full backs would always have happened, though Walcott and Tosun are upgrades, they still would not compensate for the travesty that our defence would have been without Baines and Coleman.

If you think that the Larry, Curly and Mo deserve another season then I disagree wholeheartedly. I will mock and deride these 3 in the belief that it is the only way I have any influence on getting rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.