Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont understand how anyone can want Allardyce to continue being in charge of Everton next season, the rest of this one is bad enough. His record since he took over is absolutely abysmal and we have played the worst football seen in a blue shirt for several decades. He has got no ambition and his idea of success for his whole managerial career is to reach 40 points and not get relegated and just basically exist. Even when we are 3 points behind 7th place the man can only talk about being safe and planning for next year.

His disconnect and disrespect of Everton football club and its supporters is absolutely disgraceful. 9 League titles amongst many more honours and one of the longest serving and most respected clubs in the top flight, spending about three hundred million pounds on players this season alone, planning a mega new stadium and Allardyce compares us to Newcastle. If supporters voice concern or disapproval, they are referred to as about 15 guys in a pub drinking. When we lose a game players are singled out and mocked and blamed. When we win a game it is because of how well he managed them.

Brings in a highly rated 27 million pound striker and then benches him for a month and lies to the supporters about him not liking the cold when it was very obvious that he had no problem with the cold at all. Then after much criticism and disapproval he starts playing him and the player scores 4 goals in 3 games but then true to form Allardyce being the type of low life that he is, he credits himself for that too and says it is because he rested him and got him ready for the premiership.

I just dont know how anyone can possibly think that this man is good for Everton. I just want to forget this period in Everton's history as fast as possible. We were never going to get relegated in the first place, there was a long way to go in the season when we appointed him. He was hired because of sheer panic and desperation. Any Manager could have achieved what Allardyce has done since last November but now we will be forever marred as another team that Allardyce saved from relegation and everything that has really gone on the past few months will be forgotten and swept under the carpet. He will have another feather in his cap and will have destroyed yet another decent club.

We have got to get rid of this man as soon as physically possibly and put this all behind us and write a new chapter with new management and players that display the ambition that this great club and supporters deserve and demand.

Last edited:
I really dont understand how anyone can want Allardyce to continue being in charge of Everton for the rest of this season, never mind next which is just unthinkable imo. His record since he took over is absolutely abysmal and we have played the worst football seen in a blue shirt for several decades. He has got no ambition and his idea of success for his whole managerial career is to reach 40 points and not get relegated and just basically exist. Even when we are 3 points behind 7th place the man can only talk about being safe and planning for next year.

His disconnect and disrespect of Everton football club and its supporters is absolutely disgraceful. 9 League titles amongst many more honours and one of the longest serving and most respected clubs in the top flight, spending about three hundred million pounds on players this season alone, planning a mega new stadium and Allardyce compares us to Newcastle. If supporters voice concern or disapproval, they are referred to as about 15 guys in a pub drinking. When we lose a game players are singled out and mocked and blamed. When we win a game it is because of how well he managed them.

Brings in a highly rated 27 million pound striker and then benches him for a month and lies to the supporters about him not liking the cold when it was very obvious that he had no problem with the cold at all. Then after much criticism and disapproval he starts playing him and the player scores 4 goals in 3 games but then true to form Allardyce being the type of low life that he is, he credits himself for that too and says it is because he rested him and got him ready for the premiership.

I just dont know how anyone can possibly think that this man is good for Everton. I just want to forget this period in Everton's history as fast as possible. We were never going to get relegated in the first place, there was a long way to go in the season. He was hired because of sheer panic and desperation. Any Manager could have achieved what Allardyce has done since last November but now we will be forever marred as another team that Allardyce saved from relegation and everything that has really gone on the past few months will be forgotten and swept under the carpet. He will have another feather in his cap and will have destroyed yet another decent club.

We have got to get rid of this man as soon as physically possibly and put this all behind us and write a new chapter with new management and players that display the ambition that this great club and supporters deserve and demand.
Who the f..k appointed him...and Koeman....and Martinez?? answers on a postcard to billy liar, suntan, and Mr mashiri ...:mad::mad::mad:

By God you reckon 25 pts from 17 matches is a success, you claim he signed Tosun, Moshiris choice and Walcott, who came following takes not with Sham but Wayne. For the record the unexpected draw was exactly that, it was as big a surprise to him as the rest of us. In case you think he is a tactical genius please explain the Southampton, West Brom, Watford, Burnley and similar results.

The mini league you quote is ridiculous it would only count if the same teams had been faced along with a balanced home and away sequence. I could say to you that Koeman shouldn't have been sacked because we got a draw at Citeh but I'd deserve locking up for such sentiments.

As you say don't let the truth get in the way of things.

Like me you want him gone but possibly not as quickly as I do only I have more accurate reasons

I really dont understand how anyone can want Allardyce to continue being in charge of Everton next season, the rest of this one is bad enough. His record since he took over is absolutely abysmal and we have played the worst football seen in a blue shirt for several decades. He has got no ambition and his idea of success for his whole managerial career is to reach 40 points and not get relegated and just basically exist. Even when we are 3 points behind 7th place the man can only talk about being safe and planning for next year.

I just dont know how anyone can possibly think that this man is good for Everton. I just want to forget this period in Everton's history as fast as possible. We were never going to get relegated in the first place, there was a long way to go in the season when we appointed him. He was hired because of sheer panic and desperation. Any Manager could have achieved what Allardyce has done since last November but now we will be forever marred as another team that Allardyce saved from relegation and everything that has really gone on the past few months will be forgotten and swept under the carpet. He will have another feather in his cap and will have destroyed yet another decent club.

Both fantastic posts lads.

Time Everton remembered what NSNO ment because right now we are far far away from it.

By God you reckon 25 pts from 17 matches is a success, you claim he signed Tosun, Moshiris choice and Walcott, who came following takes not with Sham but Wayne. For the record the unexpected draw was exactly that, it was as big a surprise to him as the rest of us. In case you think he is a tactical genius please explain the Southampton, West Brom, Watford, Burnley and similar results.

The mini league you quote is ridiculous it would only count if the same teams had been faced along with a balanced home and away sequence. I could say to you that Koeman shouldn't have been sacked because we got a draw at Citeh but I'd deserve locking up for such sentiments.

As you say don't let the truth get in the way of things.

Like me you want him gone but possibly not as quickly as I do only I have more accurate reasons

You said he hasn't done a 'single good thing' when he blatantly has. Are Walcott and Tosun not good positive signings, both from clubs who have played in the Champions League?

"Theo Walcott has backed Sam Allardyce to get him firing again after revealing the Everton manager was the key factor in leaving Arsenal for Merseyside in January."

I'm not exactly celebrating the Anfield draw as an amazing achievement, but it was a good one in the circumstances, particularly when they are capable of sticking 4 past the Champions elect there and have hammered us 4-0 twice in recent years with better Everton sides than this one.

I never said he was a tactical genius, he has major flaws which is why I don't think he is the man to take us on beyond this season but he came in at a time when we were in a mess and getting poor results against sides we should have been doing far better against. Some of those results have continued as you point out - Watford, West Brom, Burnley but then he's also got us some good results - the Anfield Derby, Newcastle and Stoke away, Leicester at home.

Southampton was Unsworth.

You said he hasn't done a 'single good thing' when he blatantly has. Are Walcott and Tosun not good positive signings, both from clubs who have played in the Champions League?

"Theo Walcott has backed Sam Allardyce to get him firing again after revealing the Everton manager was the key factor in leaving Arsenal for Merseyside in January."

I'm not exactly celebrating the Anfield draw as an amazing achievement, but it was a good one in the circumstances, particularly when they are capable of sticking 4 past the Champions elect there and have hammered us 4-0 twice in recent years with better Everton sides than this one.

I never said he was a tactical genius, he has major flaws which is why I don't think he is the man to take us on beyond this season but he came in at a time when we were in a mess and getting poor results against sides we should have been doing far better against. Some of those results have continued as you point out - Watford, West Brom, Burnley but then he's also got us some good results - the Anfield Derby, Newcastle and Stoke away, Leicester at home.

Southampton was Unsworth.
He’s not gonna say, I’ve come to Everton because there a big club but the manager terrible.
The quote about Sam is null and void

Reading your post you must have slept through Walter Smiths tenure

He’s not gonna say, I’ve come to Everton because there a big club but the manager terrible.
The quote about Sam is null and void

OK - the quote can be null and void but the fact is that Walcott and Tosun were brought in by this manager and therefore the claim that he hasn't done a 'single good thing' whilst he has been here is also null and void.

I can keep giving examples of good things he has done though, despite not being the right man to take us forward, because it's only fair to look at things reasonably isn't it. For example...

He came in when we had the joint second worst defence in the league, having just conceded 9 goals against Atalanta, Southampton and West Ham, which were the 3 games before he came in. He then got us 12 points from 18 and managed us to 4 clean sheets in 6. 2 of the games were against Liverpool and Chelsea so not easy fixtures.

Koeman had us in 18th. Unsworth moved us up to 13th. Allardyce has moved us up further to 9th.

Good post mate.

If he does go in the summer I dont think the damage inflicted by him will be too serious. A bit of bridge building with some of the younger lads for the new manager perhaps. The players he brought in are surprisingly decent and he hasnt been here long enough for his culture to become imbedded in the clubs DNA or the players minds. Thankfully.

Its a bit like waking up next to the ugliest foulest slapper in your local and everyone knows. You feel ashamed and embarassed, but you've had the all clear from the clinic and slowly you forget it ever happened.

This is all assuming he goes in the summer of course AND a decent replacement brought in. Some major ifs and buts there.

I'm not a fan of Allardyce, but the picture that some paint of him being a disgrace, or disrespectful, or the worst manager ever are a little bit insane.

He was appointed to keep us up. He's done that. Might've been ugly, but it's better than it was in November. Nobody wants him to stay on, but I don't think he deserves the fume.

Without the fume, the board won’t realise he’s not the manager of the future.

If we just sit on our hands, they’ll keep paying him and the t.v. money will keep rolling in. Fine if you’re a business man, but not in the club’s future best interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.