Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
at least he's honest. I'm going to cut him some slack. I don't like him, and he can take a share of the blame for yesterday, but we can't just blame him. This set of defenders let in 4 v man united and 5 v arsenal under koeman, 4 v saints and 5 v atalanta under unsworth and now 5 again under allardyce v arsenal and 4 v spurs (other batterings are available).

They're a sorry excuse for a team atm, i believe he actually sets up with a system and they go out there and just don't implement it. We're conceding so many deflected goals because all of our players make half arsed attempts to block shots. They don't close down quick enough and then turn their back on the shot. There's no passion or fight whatsoever.

Thinking we can set up like Swansea over night just because they won against a shambling Arse team on Wednesday is the true fallacy.

What idiot assumes that the oppo will be the same team with the same tactic as the last time?

They effing lost, thanks to goalie errors among other things, and our donkey management thought that arsenal would not change things up?

Can't wait till we're rid of this mindless fruity machine hitting swindler
Can you imagine any other top club's manager coming out with crap like that?

"Right, lads, we're one of the most expensively assembled squads in World football, but I want you to watch how Swansea City, currently fighting relegation, played"

If he’d conceded in his interview that he shouldn’t have played 5 at the back (something we haven’t been able to do all season) and that he shouldn’t have done it with a player that could only of had one training session with us... then I’ve no problem with him slating the team. He just needed to take his part of the blame.
A core group of players are simply here picking up a wage. That’s 3 managers now that they won’t play for.
As much as I’m not keen on Allardyce, the common denominator is the pathetic attitude and total lack of commitment from the players. Koeman called it, Unsy called it and now Allardyce too.
Awful lot of work for any manager to sort out in the summer.

at least he's honest. I'm going to cut him some slack. I don't like him, and he can take a share of the blame for yesterday, but we can't just blame him. This set of defenders let in 4 v man united and 5 v arsenal under koeman, 4 v saints and 5 v atalanta under unsworth and now 5 again under allardyce v arsenal and 4 v spurs (other batterings are available).

They're a sorry excuse for a team atm, i believe he actually sets up with a system and they go out there and just don't implement it. We're conceding so many deflected goals because all of our players make half arsed attempts to block shots. They don't close down quick enough and then turn their back on the shot. There's no passion or fight whatsoever.
If you call completely changing the team/formation then sitting them down to watch a video of Swansea play setting up a system then you’re bang on!

We need a manager who has a clear idea of how he wants his team to play and who sets them up to do just that. The constant chopping and changing of personnel and systems is baffling for most players, other than those at the very top level, because most players are not particularly bright.

Both Koeman and Allardyce seem unable to pick the same team 2 weeks running and both have a great ability to blame everybody bar themselves for the ensuing mess.

As I see it, the only way forward is to appoint a director of football with experience and a good track record, let him come up with a playing system which will work for us and let him identify a young coach who he believes can implement this.

I believe that the club should be working towards this right now so that, as soon as we are safe (hopefully) we can bin fat Sammy, even fatter Sam and that utter waster Walsh.

Don’t get me wrong I want him out at the end of the season but our position looked terrible after that Saints game and although the performances were not pretty we did get the new manager bounce after he arrived that has pulled us clear of the real dog fight.
Dont you think that yesterday was far worse than the Southampton game and what followed it from his mouth made it 10 times worse.

Here's an ambitious idea.....Conte is on his way out of Chelsea... I know he's being linked with the Italy job again, and likely some big clubs will come in.... But surely its worth Moshiri having a meeting with him....

Offer him big wages.... Full control over transfers....tell him this can be HIS club to build with a new stadium on its way....

Status
Not open for further replies.