Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardyce "Our start from when I came in, right the way through to the end has been absolutely magnificent. It's why we have got where we are"

He actually believes that too, absolute insanity helped of course by all of the tummy tickling going on by the abysmal pundits in the media.

Man i cannot wait for the club announcement so as to bring him down off the clouds and spoil his holiday. Defo going down as the most poorest, arrogant, delusional and head up his own ass Everton Manager in 50 years for me.

chris sutton just gave big sam a 9/10 rating on 5live sport and backed it up with a load of crap about him saving us from relegation and taking us to the heights of 8th. the mind boggles :rolleyes:
If i dropped my kecks, painted two eyes on my backside and trumped the national anthem, then I'd be offering more informed comments than Sutton.

If Garth Crooks and Chris Sutton were drowning and I only had one life best to give them, I'd stick a pin in it repeatedly. Idiots.

Who gives a monkeys what anyone else thinks?
How have we turned into them?
I have supported Everton for over 50 years and in all that time we have never been liked by the media so why should we give too shiny ones what they have to say now.
In over 120 years of professional football there are only 3 teams who have won more league titles than us and if it wasn't for Adolf Hitler and Kiazer Bill and our lovable neighbours we may have won more so don't let anyone tell you we are not a big club.
We are Everton we should not accept mediocrity.

Last edited:
What a job being a pundit must be. They don't even watch the games half of the time, they just spew the widely accepted (even if totally false) talking points that won't get them in any bother. If we bin Allardyce this summer and get a new manager who leads us to greater heights no pundit next season will be calling Allardyce's name anymore. Even the ones calling for Allardyce to be retained now.

Really is the jargest profession going, you can be completely wrong about everything but in a few weeks everything they said is forgotten, no repercussions - just easy money.
The truth is FS will be sitting next to all these so called pundits in a few weeks for the World Cup when’s hes been sacked so the sh***ags don’t want to upset him!

If ever punditry was shown up for the absolute farce it is, it was Gary Neville’s hilarious attempt at management. Now he’s wormed his way back onto the tele to tell proper managers what they should be doing. And he is one of the better ones.

The examples that stick in my mind are the sackings of Nigel Adkins at Soton and Mike Phelan at Hull. Both clubs massively upgraded in the mangers department even if the sackings were a little harsh, but the entire punditry boys club rounded on both clubs and proclaimed that they had doomed themselves. Granted Hull still went down but they were a much better team under Silva than they were under Phelan. Yet come the end of both seasons everything that the pundits had said against both Pocchetino and Silva were forgotten. Completely laughable industry but it totally baffles me how much sky and BT plough into it.

The examples that stick in my mind are the sackings of Nigel Adkins at Soton and Mike Phelan at Hull. Both clubs massively upgraded in the mangers department even if the sackings were a little harsh, but the entire punditry boys club rounded on both clubs and proclaimed that they had doomed themselves. Granted Hull still went down but they were a much better team under Silva than they were under Phelan. Yet come the end of both seasons everything that the pundits had said against both Pocchetino and Silva were forgotten. Completely laughable industry but it totally baffles me how much sky and BT plough into it.

Sherwood was launched for the Poch after getting sixth, I don't remember many pundits complaining. But for us it's different, we have to know our place.

It's all about the bantz with most of our pundits.

Who gives a monkeys what anyone else thinks?
How have we turned into them?

Buying garbage. Turn over of managers. High self-aggrandising having won nothing in decades.

That's our image at the moment. Which is why everyone thinks Big Sam is being hard done to, that we should appreciate him with a pat on the head and their you go, off you trot.

It's why getting someone like Marco Silva in isn't going to change that.

I remember the days even when we were bad we aimed to aspire to be ahead of the other lot in the league -they are light years ahead of us now!-
Sam had a large squad of players at no team this season has he even selected a balanced team - we are positioned 19th with shots on target - the football has been dire - he has had a lot of luck in some games - Sorry he did his job in a panic appointment - He was never first choice - Nothing personal Sam , but our club is just to big and good for your brand of hoof ball!
the best two performances were Unsworths last 4-0 win and Shakespears Euro tie away - Lookman sent out on loan error, after error - our midfield is inept - claiming tosun was no good etc etc that's why he deserves to go!

An even better example is Walter Smith. All the pundits were constantly saying how lucky we were to have him; Mark Lawrenson, for example, was so far up his ar*e you could only see the soles of his feet.

Allardyce "Our start from when I came in, right the way through to the end has been absolutely magnificent. It's why we have got where we are"

He actually believes that too, absolute insanity helped of course by all of the tummy tickling going on by the abysmal pundits in the media.

Man i cannot wait for the club announcement so as to bring him down off the clouds and spoil his holiday. Defo going down as the most poorest, arrogant, delusional and head up his own ass Everton Manager in 50 years for me.

He’s a spin doctor, pure and simple. He peddles the narrative he wants to. Whatever question he’s asked he answers with a response that fits his story, not an actual honest answer to the question asked. He’s the master of his own narrative and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks. Obviously we fans can see through his BS, but he doesn’t care.

He even asked Alastair bloody Campbell for abvice. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/apr/29/sam-allardyce-everton?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Reactions: Lob
Sherwood was launched for the Poch after getting sixth, I don't remember many pundits complaining. But for us it's different, we have to know our place.
Conte is getting launched after a title, 5th and a FA cup final? Not a word but we only have our self to blame for appointing the buffoon, and lowering ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.