Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you needed any more.

Chris Bascombe in the Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/14/sam-allardyce-leave-everton-week-position-untenable/

Sam Allardyce to leave Everton this week with position untenable
Sam Allardyce’s acrimonious Everton reign is set to finally end this week with the club recognising his unpopularity with the fans makes his position untenable.

The former England manager may have reached the same conclusion as he fights a forlorn battle to win over supporters who have made their displeasure with his appointment increasingly clear over the last few months.

Chants demanding Allardyce’s dismissal have grown in ferocity for weeks, creating an undignified spectacle at Everton’s games. It is inconceivable the club can head into next season with such hostility directed at the dug-out.

Allardyce will meet Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri in the coming days, at which point the terms of his departure can be negotiated, most likely with a mutual parting of the ways. He still has a year left on the deal he signed in November so can expect a handsome reward for what is turning out exactly as expected when he arrived - a short-term appointment to avert a relegation fight.

Speaking on Sky Sports on Monday evening, Allardyce admitted he was unsure of his future.

“Who knows what is going to happen next. The season is over. I’m going to have a meeting with Farhad and then I am going on my holidays,” he said.

“I have done all that I can, the backroom staff have done all that they can and for me the players have done all they can. And in the January window, Farhad backed us with two very important signings. Two front men. Both have been successful in scoring goals and making goals.”

Everton are likely to reconsider Marco Silva, although Watford remain unhappy with the approach to their former manager and could even revisit the threat of legal action first made last November should he end up at Goodison Park.

Wayne Rooney's future should also be clearer after a meeting with the club scheduled for Wednesday.

I think the most interesting thing to come out of the Sky programme tonight was Sam saying that he was going on holiday straight after his meeting with Mosh. The transfer window does of course open this coming Thursday.........so who is dealing wit Everton transfers(in and out)

All of the key men briefed today.

Incredible scenes.

It was always going to be swift and brutal.

The slug is too long in the tooth to not see the warning signs, hence why he`s lost his bluster in the past few pressers.

Letting him go on Sky, tonight with his lapdog Jim White and spout a load of [Poor language removed] was just poetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.