Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/14/everton-likely-marco-silva-sam-allardyce-rooney

Everton set to let Sam Allardyce go and target Marco Silva as successor.

Andy Hunter

Allardyce is scheduled to meet Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, in the coming days and his departure is expected to be announced by the end of the week. Allardyce is six months into the 18-month contract he secured in November and oversaw an eighth-place finish in the Premier League. But fierce opposition to his management style among the club’s supporters, allied to the hierarchy’s desire for a fresh start following a dreadful season, is likely to result in the 63-year-old leaving with a final year’s pay-off of around £6m.

Everton’s board will hold meetings over several key issues this week. It is also expected to hold talks with Wayne Rooney’s representative, Paul Stretford, with the former England captain seeking clarification on his Goodison future before deciding whether to accept an offer to join DC United in the MLS.

Silva is the front-runner to succeed Allardyce having been Moshiri’s preferred appointment when he sacked Ronald Koeman on 23 October. Hopes of a swift transition may be complicated, however, by a legal dispute between the Portuguese coach and Watford.

Watford sacked Silva in January following a run of one win in 11 matches. The club claimed in a statement that an “unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival” – Everton – led to a significant deterioration in Silva’s focus and results. The manager believed he was sacked prematurely and that he is owed six months’ salary, £750,000, and remains in legal dispute with his former employer over his settlement terms.

Oh look, a boring server using gif.
Ahhh thank you ;)
zIb676w.gif

It is going to feel so good just knowing that him and all of his many back room staff are no longer associated with Everton when the club announcement is made. It is the most exciting thing to happen since last August for me. We might be able to actually start looking forward to the summer then. Heck i might even be interested in looking at the transfer rumours again knowing that they havent got anything to do with Allardyce.

Happy days. :)

I actually feel Sam was a victim of his own success in a way.

Had he saved us and got us 15th or 16th, he would have gone anyway, but faced nowhere near the level of vitriol as he has in finishing 8th because a certain section of fans want to ensure he cant justify staying on.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/14/everton-likely-marco-silva-sam-allardyce-rooney

Everton set to let Sam Allardyce go and target Marco Silva as successor.

Andy Hunter

Allardyce is scheduled to meet Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, in the coming days and his departure is expected to be announced by the end of the week. Allardyce is six months into the 18-month contract he secured in November and oversaw an eighth-place finish in the Premier League. But fierce opposition to his management style among the club’s supporters, allied to the hierarchy’s desire for a fresh start following a dreadful season, is likely to result in the 63-year-old leaving with a final year’s pay-off of around £6m.

Everton’s board will hold meetings over several key issues this week. It is also expected to hold talks with Wayne Rooney’s representative, Paul Stretford, with the former England captain seeking clarification on his Goodison future before deciding whether to accept an offer to join DC United in the MLS.

Silva is the front-runner to succeed Allardyce having been Moshiri’s preferred appointment when he sacked Ronald Koeman on 23 October. Hopes of a swift transition may be complicated, however, by a legal dispute between the Portuguese coach and Watford.

Watford sacked Silva in January following a run of one win in 11 matches. The club claimed in a statement that an “unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival” – Everton – led to a significant deterioration in Silva’s focus and results. The manager believed he was sacked prematurely and that he is owed six months’ salary, £750,000, and remains in legal dispute with his former employer over his settlement terms.

GET IN! BYE BYE DEAR FAT SAM :-D

I actually feel Sam was a victim of his own success in a way.

Had he saved us and got us 15th or 16th, he would have gone anyway, but faced nowhere near the level of vitriol as he has in finishing 8th because a certain section of fans want to ensure he cant justify staying on.

I had to stop reading at Victim of his own Success sorry Kev. He is definitely no victim even though he likes to try and paint it that way and there has been no success whatsoever. The season has been abysmal from start to finish.

I had to stop reading at Victim of his own Success sorry Kev. He is definitely no victim even though he likes to try and paint it that way and there has been no success whatsoever. The season has been abysmal from start to finish.
I repeat had he scraped 15th/16th I dont feel he would have taken the abuse he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.