Right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm with @bluesteven on this one mate. Even if Schneids is fit, which I think is looking doubtful, I'd still be looking to play 3 at the back against both RS and the Mancs. But I would definitely start with Holgate, Williams and Funes Mori. All three suit the system far better than a back 4 and, with the exception of 45 mins against Stoke when Holgate was targeted by Crouch, have looked very comfortable together. You're not going to get that threat against Liverpool, and I also doubt if Man U will employ it either, though they are a lot more capable of doing so.

I'm not sure who I would play at right wing back. I think Lennon could do a job there but I think it's time to give Jonjoe a run in the team. I'm pretty certain he won't let us down. He's a good defender but also likes to get forward too. His distribution is good but he won't give you that threat that Seamus does, but then again, who else in the premier does?

I'm just not sure throwing a lad who has one PL appearance in to the derby and then a trip to OT is the way to go mate... Or, more accurately, I'm not sure Koeman will think that's the way to go...

Lennon won't be put into that position.

If Macca is fit then maybe yes, but I can't see him making it for the RS at least...

We'll see anyway.

I'm just not sure throwing a lad who has one PL appearance in to the derby and then a trip to OT is the way to go mate... Or, more accurately, I'm not sure Koeman will think that's the way to go...

If Macca is fit then maybe yes, but I can't see him making it for the RS at least...

We'll see anyway.
You may be right about Koeman. He does surprise us sometimes though. If the back 3 you suggest starts against Liverpool though, I'll be spending the afternoon hiding behind the sofa rather than watching the tv.

You may be right about Koeman. He does surprise us sometimes though. If the back 3 you suggest starts against Liverpool though, I'll be spending the afternoon hiding behind the sofa rather than watching the tv.

Haha fair enough.

I'm not saying it'd be my preferred option mate, but since he used it last week I think he may have it in mind to go again now Seamus his out.

We'll see anyway.

Did it with Browning vs RS and he was brilliant.

Koeman didn't... And that was two-and-a-half seasons ago, and even then, Browning came on in the last 15 minutes to replace Hibbert. Against a much weaker Liverpool side.

Never said anything about who did it or when I merely said we've blooded youngsters in derbies in defence and it hasn't been a disaster. Was just a fact, wasn't asking for a reply.

Never said anything about who did it or when I merely said we've blooded youngsters in derbies in defence and it hasn't been a disaster. Was just a fact, wasn't asking for a reply.

Okay lad.

Just don't see it likely from the start at the Pit is all but we'll see!

Koeman didn't... And that was two-and-a-half seasons ago, and even then, Browning came on in the last 15 minutes to replace Hibbert. Against a much weaker Liverpool side.

Klopp on the other hand did play Trent Alexander Arnold at Old Trafford, in similar circumstances mate, and as a club we have a long history of an injury giving a younger player his chance and them grabbing it, Baines for one being a very good example (although a lot more experienced ofc), same for Coleman himself - got his chance due to Hibberts injury t finally play rb.

Hell Mourinho played a young cb at their place in the game the rs let it all slip away, think that was the lads one and only premiership game as well as a starter, and he did fine

Klopp on the other hand did play Trent Alexander Arnold at Old Trafford, in similar circumstances mate, and as a club we have a long history of an injury giving a younger player his chance and them grabbing it, Baines for one being a very good example (although a lot more experienced ofc), same for Coleman himself - got his chance due to Hibberts injury t finally play rb.

Hell Mourinho played a young cb at their place in the game the rs let it all slip away, think that was the lads one and only premiership game as well as a starter, and he did fine

Klippity did that just to be bloody hipster mate.

Koeman isn't arsed about getting points from Sam Thige at BleacherReport.

Holgate will be playing and there's no issue with that - he's more than good enough.

I just don't think Kenny will be.

Klippity did that just to be bloody hipster mate.

Koeman isn't arsed about getting points from Sam Thige at BleacherReport.

Holgate will be playing and there's no issue with that - he's more than good enough.

I just don't think Kenny will be.

I hope he plays both mate, i have far more confidence in the younger lads - especially ones like Kenny and Holgate turning up fo rthis game than bringing in Barry, Lennon, Jagialka etc who have shown they turn up beaten before a balls kicked

I hope he plays both mate, i have far more confidence in the younger lads - especially ones like Kenny and Holgate turning up fo rthis game than bringing in Barry, Lennon, Jagialka etc who have shown they turn up beaten before a balls kicked

That's very unfair to Lennon

His attitude has always been top notch and he played a big part in our win over Arsenal earlier in the season, so he can definitely deliver in big game situations

Agreed/same, but what Mikey said above mate - quite unfair on Lennon, he's usually well up for any game tbh.

That's very unfair to Lennon

His attitude has always been top notch and he played a big part in our win over Arsenal earlier in the season, so he can definitely deliver in big game situations

Maybe so mate, but honestly think we need to just go with passion over experience in this type of game, we've gone down the old heads route for countless seasons and whats it ever resulted in

Fair enough.

I think Jags will play tbh - and base don the last few performances I wouldn't begrudge that either.

It'll be interesting for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.