Right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
cos hes never played that position before?
Don't think that would be an issue. Played right back at start of the season and did so well that some people were disappointed when Seamus got his place back. He's very comfortable on the ball and quick. I would expect his final ball will be better that Coleman's, but you won't get that goal scoring threat from him. Seamus is pretty much unique in that regard.

However, I wouldn't play him RWB. I'd be playing him right of a back 3 in place of Jagielka who I think will be exposed by the sharpness of the Liverpool attack. I'm leaning to the Kenny camp for RWB. I remember Liverpool throwing in Flannagan under similar circumstances at Goodison a few years ago and he was their best player. Kenny is probably better defensively than Coleman and is also comfortable on the ball. I don't believe he will let us down and at some stage, these young guys need to be thrown in or we'll never get to find out what they can do.

At the end of the day, all this deliberating means nothing. RK has the final say and I think he's going to opt for experience over legs, a decision he may come to regret.

Don't think that would be an issue. Played right back at start of the season and did so well that some people were disappointed when Seamus got his place back. He's very comfortable on the ball and quick. I would expect his final ball will be better that Coleman's, but you won't get that goal scoring threat from him. Seamus is pretty much unique in that regard.

However, I wouldn't play him RWB. I'd be playing him right of a back 3 in place of Jagielka who I think will be exposed by the sharpness of the Liverpool attack. I'm leaning to the Kenny camp for RWB. I remember Liverpool throwing in Flannagan under similar circumstances at Goodison a few years ago and he was their best player. Kenny is probably better defensively than Coleman and is also comfortable on the ball. I don't believe he will let us down and at some stage, these young guys need to be thrown in or we'll never get to find out what they can do.

At the end of the day, all this deliberating means nothing. RK has the final say and I think he's going to opt for experience over legs, a decision he may come to regret.

agree i'd have him at right back or right side of the back 3, RWB would be too far out of his comfort zone for me especially in a game like this.

agree i'd have him at right back or right side of the back 3, RWB would be too far out of his comfort zone for me especially in a game like this.
I don't have an issue playing him RWB mate. I think he'd be fine there. I'd just prefer to see him play in he back 3 away to the likes of RS, Man U and Arse. In other games I'd probably play a back 4 with him at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.