Homepage Update: Reports: Klaassen’s Napoli move off

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was widely documented Mr / Mrs Grumps that he had a poor season when using the context of his previous club form and his price tag.

In any event, to say that a player's only barometer is team trophies is a bit silly.

He wasnt £89mill no. But did he struggle? Nope. Was integral to a team that won trophies? Yes.

Is he better this season? Absolutely.

I don't see the point you're making.

And I'm far from grumpy. I just can't see why anyone would think Klassen deserves to be given chances when he's failed when given them.

Why don't we get behind Tom Davies and let him play?

Here's what i'm surprised about mate.
You're a purist like me. You like good footballers who can actually play. Not grocks.
You shouldn't love Klaassen but a man of your ilk should at least appreciate the context that he is completely untested at this level. And far better players have taken far longer than 4 months to show their worth in this demanding league.
You are neutral on our Davy, I know this deep down.
So just pack it in yeah?
Mate?
I anticipated he'd be lost here well before he signed just by seeing him play against United. The evidence here so far (and there HAS been a good bit of game time under Koeman) suggests that his head is spinning with this league's pace. He literally needs two seconds more to do what he needs to do with the ball at his feet if a quick pass is out of the question.

I like technically sound players, but they have to be able to harness that to some athleticism to make use of what they have in the PL.

It's not his fault, btw. Koeman was the idiot who miscalculated to the tune of £25M.

What kind of blert would turn down the opportunity to play regular footy in Serie A to stay in Everton’s reserves?

The Napoli owner likes to own their image rights cos he is a film maker, and uses the players in cameo roles, apparently.

And, no, I didnt know that, I heard it today on the radio.

Odd doesnt even do it justice. Not going I mean.

So a player who has played 189 minutes of Premier League football decides to knuckle down and fight for his place, rejects a move abroad, yet he is getting criticised for showing loyalty and wanting to work his way back into the team?

He wasnt £89mill no. But did he struggle? Nope. Was integral to a team that won trophies? Yes.

Is he better this season? Absolutely.

I don't see the point you're making.

And I'm far from grumpy. I just can't see why anyone would think Klassen deserves to be given chances when he's failed when given them.

Why don't we get behind Tom Davies and let him play?

You clearly do see the point i am making mate. It's a simple one.

Some players improve after season 1.

If you want more examples, I have them:

Ryad Mahrez

Jamie Vardy scored 5 goals in his first season in the PL.

Kevin De Bruyne didn't exactly set the world alight did he?

There are many instances where players fail to settle at first.

I'm with you on Tom Davies, he deserves patience. The same patience you aren't affording to Davy Klaassen.

Status
Not open for further replies.